Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 534

Thread: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

  1. #511
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Everyone is innocent until convicted in a court of law.
    That is correct. So the law will protect the innocent. Laws are not made to protect criminals

  2. #512
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    That is correct. So the law will protect the innocent. Laws are not made to protect criminals
    you clearly don't know very much about the law.

    the law protects all people occupying the United States of America. Innocent people, guilty people, criminals, saints, legal & illegal immigrants.

    your comments lack any reason, logic, or substance.

  3. #513
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you clearly don't know very much about the law.

    the law protects all people occupying the United States of America. Innocent people, guilty people, criminals, saints, legal & illegal immigrants.

    your comments lack any reason, logic, or substance.
    Yes, the law also protects the rights of the guilty. Even convicted prisoners have rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #514
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, the law also protects the rights of the guilty. Even convicted prisoners have rights.
    in fact, criminals in the USA have more rights than non-criminals in many third-world nations.

  5. #515
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    There is considerable evidence that Caylee's death was an accident, and also evidence that Caylee drowned in the Anthony backyard pool. How did the scent of human decomposition get into the Anthpny back yard, discovered by two cadaver dogs in July of 2009? Why did George confide to River Cruise that Caylee's disapearance was an accident? Why did a noted Medical Examiner find that the duct tape had been placed on Caylee's mouth, after she was dead? Was someone trying to cover up the accident, and make Caylee's disappearance appear to be a child abduction?



    //
    what evidence?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #516
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    what evidence?
    The evidence is mentioned in the post you replied to. To wit:

    did the scent of human decomposition get into the Anthpny back yard, discovered by two cadaver dogs in July of 2009? Why did George confide to River Cruise that Caylee's disapearance was an accident? Why did a noted Medical Examiner find that the duct tape had been placed on Caylee's mouth, after she was dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #517
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The evidence is mentioned in the post you replied to. To wit:
    you mean the defense team's noted medical examiner? lol. "river" cruz? again, lol. perhaps she just wanted to be seen on the stand. after all, her testimony was contradictory, right? she says george said he threw casey against the wall and demanded to know what happened......and then she says that george told her it was an accident that went out of control. well, if he helped casey dispose of caylee.....as casey's defense said, why would he throw her up against a wall and demand to know what had happened?

    silly. casey anothony killed her daughter.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #518
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Actually I would think it would be an aggravating factor. If you had aggravated child abuse and also neglect, I think a case could be made that not only is the person a bad mother (Neglect), they also engaged in criminal conduct (ACA).....to me, I would think a judge would consider the neglect to be aggravating, unless it rose to the level of a mental defense, i.e., the mother had severe psychological problems that was a factor to both the aca and the neglect.
    Yeah, you're probably right. Whew, man was this family screwed up....

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #519
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    you mean the defense team's noted medical examiner? lol. "river" cruz? again, lol. perhaps she just wanted to be seen on the stand. after all, her testimony was contradictory, right? she says george said he threw casey against the wall and demanded to know what happened......and then she says that george told her it was an accident that went out of control. well, if he helped casey dispose of caylee.....as casey's defense said, why would he throw her up against a wall and demand to know what had happened?

    silly. casey anothony killed her daughter.
    You are under no obligation to believe the evidence, but evidence it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #520
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right. Whew, man was this family screwed up....

    j-mac
    The prosecutors could not argue neglect for failing to report her child missing because that would have put the prosecution in the position of arguing that it might have been an accident, thereby raising a reasonable doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •