Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 534

Thread: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

  1. #341
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I have to assume that the coroner checked the body for chlorine in her lungs.

    they did do this, did they not?
    No lungs to check....The remains were skeletal, however they could have checked for a parasite in the bone marrow that is evidence of drowning, and they didn't.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #342
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    That's absurd. Not reporting her kid missing for 31 days cannot be considered evidecnce someone is hiding oh I don't know, a murder? Circumstantial.
    The lies can't are not evidence of trying to get out of a murder conviction? Circumstantial.
    The diary and partying and 31 days and lies are not evidence for motive? Maybe

    There may be evidence for motive, but there is no evidence that she definitively killed the kid. There just isn't. There is no TOD or COD.. meaning that there is no proof the baby was actually murdered.

  3. #343
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No lungs to check....The remains were skeletal, however they could have checked for a parasite in the bone marrow that is evidence of drowning, and they didn't.

    j-mac
    Highly doubtful they didn't do a diatom test.

  4. #344
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Suggest, and not confirms? What do you mean by that? I'm dying over here.
    All evidence 'suggests' a particular theory is correct or incorrect. It is up to interpretation whether or not you believe it's sufficient, or not.
    For example, even hard science is considered "falsifiable", that is, there is no 100% confirmation even about something as obvious as gravity.
    Wkipedia notes this!:


    In the absence of other evidence, the kid was murdered. Tape, bag, lies, chloroform, 31 days, swamp. You think that evidence points to something other than murder?
    The postive test for chloroform could not be duplicated. That is to say, 1 test confirmed the presence of chloroform, every other test did not confirm. That's hardly a solid piece of evidence in and of itself. The tape was ASSUMED to have been placed over her mouth, but it cannot be confirmed because of (1) the state of the body @ the time of discovery and (2) the lack of any DNA or trace evidence on the tape. The bag is a means of disposal, not a means of death. It was a standard black trash bag available at almost any grocery store. The odds of any person having that type of bag in the 5-month time frame during which the body was discarded are pretty high. The swamp was a means of disposal, not a means of death. It's proximity is suspicious, but it doesn't eliminate everybody but Casey. The 31 days are suspicious, but don't confirm or really even suggest murder...they merely suggest an abnormal reaction to the event of Caylee's death.

    In addition, no trace evidence from the dump site was found Casey's car, on Casey's personal belongings, or in the Anthony home. No decomp evidence could be confirmed in the trunk. The method which was used to indicate possible decomp was a previously untested and unverified methodology which has never been used in a court of law prior to this trial. No trace or DNA evidence was found in the trunk aside from 1 singular hair. As I stated elsewhere, it is not outside the realm of logic for a hair to end up in the trunk naturally, without malicious cause.

    All of the evidence points to Caylee's body being dumped after death, and Casey acting abnormally in the days after Caylee disappeared. None of them, even when combined, point to murder, or Casey specifically murdering her daughter. It is a huge leap of emotionally charged supposition to say the evidence is even 90% indicative of a murder at the hands of Casey.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  5. #345
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Highly doubtful they didn't do a diatom test.
    Coroner's report doesn't state that they did...
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #346
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Coroner's report doesn't state that they did...
    They are not standard procedure, but I'd imagine one must've been done if it was claimed she drowned... like I said before I didn't follow this case really until the last month of it so I am unaware of when they made the claim she drowned. Diatom tests again though are not standard autopsy procedure.

  7. #347
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    This... I was not expecting. I don't know that much about the case, but I do know the basics. Its pretty obvious that Casey Anthony killed her kid.
    Here is the problem I have with statements like this:

    1) We are not the jury. We did not have access to all the data that the jury had access to. The jury evaluated the EVIDENCE that was presented, and made a decision based on that evidence.

    2) It did not help the prosecution that some of the evidence they presented was pretty much fabricated, and was easily debunked. After being caught fabricating "evidence", would you believe anything the prosecution told you had you been on the jury? This hurt the case against Casey Anthony more than anything else.

    So, while the child's death is a tragedy, let's not hastily go out and grab our pitch forks yet. This is America, not Iran.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #348
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    Highly doubtful they didn't do a diatom test.
    But the fact is that they didn't do the test.

    Dr. Michael Baden spoke about this on Fox.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #349
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,498

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    That's absurd. Not reporting her kid missing for 31 days cannot be considered evidecnce someone is hiding oh I don't know, a murder? Circumstantial.
    The lies can't are not evidence of trying to get out of a murder conviction? Circumstantial.
    The diary and partying and 31 days and lies are not evidence for motive? Maybe.
    All evidence is circumstantial, by definition. What's your point exactly?
    What do you call eyewitness evidence that is falsified? You call that hard evidence? I'm rolling my eyes.

  10. #350
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    All evidence is circumstantial, by definition. What's your point exactly?
    What do you call eyewitness evidence that is falsified? You call that hard evidence? I'm rolling my eyes.
    All evidence is not circumstantial by definition... where did you get that from? There is direct evidence and circumstantial evidence.

    Eyewitness statements are pretty poor evidence but they tend to hold up in court.

Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •