Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 534

Thread: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

  1. #201
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    I've read up on several differnet laws and stuff today - and, by definition, there is no evidence to support the endangerment charge eventhough I firmly feel that she was acting in neglect and maltreatment by not saying anything . . .

    This is because failing to report when your child has gone missing for almost a month is not illegal - there is no law against it. A child can go missing for 10 years and same thing - this is not classifed as anything at all.

    Obviously there is something horribly wrong, here - it SHOULD be classifed as a criminal act to fail to report when your child has gone missing, been kidnapped, abducted, etc etc etc - within a reasonable amount of time. ESPECIALLY if your child ends up dead at some point whlie they were absent from your presence or abused by someone else.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #202
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    This... I was not expecting. I don't know that much about the case, but I do know the basics. Its pretty obvious that Casey Anthony killed her kid.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  3. #203
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I don't think you can appeal an acquittal...
    You are correct. Ms. Anthony can appeal her convictions on the lesser charges of lying to police, but the state cannot appeal an acquittal.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  4. #204
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    FYI. Apparently the head prosecutor (Jeff Ashton) is retiring at the end of the week.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  5. #205
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I've read up on several differnet laws and stuff today - and, by definition, there is no evidence to support the endangerment charge eventhough I firmly feel that she was acting in neglect and maltreatment by not saying anything . . .

    This is because failing to report when your child has gone missing for almost a month is not illegal - there is no law against it. A child can go missing for 10 years and same thing - this is not classifed as anything at all.

    Obviously there is something horribly wrong, here - it SHOULD be classifed as a criminal act to fail to report when your child has gone missing, been kidnapped, abducted, etc etc etc - within a reasonable amount of time. ESPECIALLY if your child ends up dead at some point whlie they were absent from your presence or abused by someone else.
    So if a parent is sitting around the house, playing on the internet and their kid drowns in the pool, it's not neglect so long as you don't report it. Good precedence that has been set.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  6. #206
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    You are correct. Ms. Anthony can appeal her convictions on the lesser charges of lying to police, but the state cannot appeal an acquittal.
    True 99.9% of the time. Once acquitted double jeopardy attaches



  7. #207
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    So if a parent is sitting around the house, playing on the internet and their kid drowns in the pool, it's not neglect so long as you don't report it. Good precedence that has been set.
    That's a hypothetical scenario. Here's another: Said parent is in the shower and their parent (George) has offered to keep an eye on the child. Still on her, in that case?
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  8. #208
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    The jury of her peers has spoken and that should be respected. They found no compelling evidence to charge her with murder. Night and day, 24/7, Headline News followed this case but put most of their time spouting personal opinions instead of hard facts. If the media had their way everyone would be guilty regardless.
    Vote John Schnatter (Papa John) 2012!

  9. #209
    User GoVote2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albany
    Last Seen
    12-04-15 @ 02:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    33

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    I could not agree with you more about Nancy Grace. Sadly, the outcome of this one shocked me! I really don't know what to say.

  10. #210
    User GoVote2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albany
    Last Seen
    12-04-15 @ 02:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    33

    Re: Casey Anthony Trial: Jury Reaches Verdict

    that is actually what I said to my husband, that despite the fact that she looked, or seemed guilty, their was no physical evidence to convict her. This is really how the system is supposed to work. Had the prosecution presented more physical facts and evidence, it may have turned out a guilty verdict.

Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •