Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 512

Thread: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

  1. #461
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the GOP ran away from deficit talks two weeks ago.
    They literally did. On the other hand, the meeting Obama left had already been ended. Cantor just couldn't shut up, so Obama bid him good day, and left.

  2. #462
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    the GOP ran away from deficit talks two weeks ago.
    So now Obama is using scare tactics? Obama needs to come up with solutions and to stop threatening old people

  3. #463
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    They literally did. On the other hand, the meeting Obama left had already been ended. Cantor just couldn't shut up, so Obama bid him good day, and left.
    If Cantor was still talking it was not over. Obama does not want to compromise with the GOP

  4. #464
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    They literally did. On the other hand, the meeting Obama left had already been ended. Cantor just couldn't shut up, so Obama bid him good day, and left.
    If Cantor was still talking it was not over. Obama does not want to compromise with the GOP

  5. #465
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If Cantor was still talking it was not over. Obama does not want to compromise with the GOP
    You're making a major leap. Conversations have not ended, just ended for the moment.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #466
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're making a major leap. Conversations have not ended, just ended for the moment.
    So you think at this time they have the time to take a day off? This is absurd.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #467
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    They literally did. On the other hand, the meeting Obama left had already been ended. Cantor just couldn't shut up, so Obama bid him good day, and left.
    No, Obama by all reports was visibly angry and frustrated, and threatened Cantor saying "Don't call my bluff, I'll go to the people..." Then he stormed out like a child.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #468
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you think at this time they have the time to take a day off? This is absurd.

    j-mac
    In any discussion there is a point of diminshing returns, and backing off for a moment is the wise thing to do. I've been in such meetings. Come back when calmer ehads can rule the day. Take partisanship out of this and think of it as a heated debated,which is common even among people of good will trying to get something difficult worked out. In all walks, there is a reason why time limits are often put on such meetings.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #469
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    In any discussion there is a point of diminshing returns, and backing off for a moment is the wise thing to do. I've been in such meetings. Come back when calmer ehads can rule the day. Take partisanship out of this and think of it as a heated debated,which is common even among people of good will trying to get something difficult worked out. In all walks, there is a reason why time limits are often put on such meetings.
    That is all fine and dandy, but Obama would be wise to take the day and hit the books on the constitution again, and realize that the congress controls the purse, so he doesn't get to set the direction of what is to happen proceeding forward. As a supposed broker in these negotiations so far I'd say he is failing due to his own blinding partisanship.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #470
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That is all fine and dandy, but Obama would be wise to take the day and hit the books on the constitution again, and realize that the congress controls the purse, so he doesn't get to set the direction of what is to happen proceeding forward. As a supposed broker in these negotiations so far I'd say he is failing due to his own blinding partisanship.

    j-mac
    He ahs said nothing that suggests anything unconsititutional. He can speak to the people. This is well within his constitutional rights. Come on j, don't leap into Bachman territory.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •