Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 512

Thread: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

  1. #261
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    "don't confuse me with the facts".

    You can leave your snide, small minded, conceit at the door please. Address someone, not talk about them.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You can leave your snide, small minded, conceit at the door please. Address someone, not talk about them.

    j-mac
    wow....you really misinterpreted my comment and ran across state lines with it.


  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why is it that you liberals believe that what a man earns is not his?

    j-mac
    women earn money too, j-mac.

    or is your comment a Freudian slip?

  4. #264
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,045

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You can leave your snide, small minded, conceit at the door please. Address someone, not talk about them.

    j-mac
    I thought Thunder it the nail firmly on its head with that observation. And the right wing reaction to the historical data pretty much proves it was a dead on observation.

    from jmac

    Why is it that you liberals believe that what a man earns is not his?
    Who said that?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why is it that you liberals believe that what a man earns is not his?
    strawman argument.

    what a man OR woman earns, in his.

    however, society has the right to tax his earnings, in order to fund common needs and the common good.
    Last edited by Thunder; 07-04-11 at 02:28 PM.

  6. #266
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why is it that you liberals believe that what a man earns is not his?

    j-mac
    It's bad enough to use a strawman, but to use a tired, old, unoriginal strawman? Well, that's sillly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #267
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,551

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    What's going to happen when these revenue raiser still don't raise enough revenue to cover the out of control spending?

  8. #268
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,551

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    strawman argument.

    what a man OR woman earns, in his.

    however, society has the right to tax his earnings, in order to fund common needs and the common good.
    Why not make people who pay no taxes, pay taxes? I mean, it's for the common good. Yes?

  9. #269
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    wow....you really misinterpreted my comment and ran across state lines with it.

    I don't think so. Snickering about someone, and making childish observations because you think its funny in an 8th grade sort of way is .... Well.... Childish.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #270
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    strawman argument.

    what a man OR woman earns, in his.

    however, society has the right to tax his earnings, in order to fund common needs and the common good.
    I thought taxes were voluntary? You think the mob has the right to take what is not theirs huh? To what extent?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •