Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 512

Thread: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

  1. #221
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    ............... So you DON'T actually want a flat tax?
    I prefer a consumption tax-I disagree with taxing income and a consumption tax would eliminate much of the government nonsense we face. merchants already collect sales taxes for their states, it would cost the public far far less. But what I really want is a system that prevents politicians from pandering to the many by promising them they can have more and more paid for by others



  2. #222
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So typical....Is it possible to have a discussion on taxes based on facts without the 'class warfare' talking points being screamed to drown out reasonable ideas?

    Fact: Half the country pays NO TAXES now

    Fact: The top 10% of income earners already pay over 70% of all income tax.

    Fact: The US has the highest rate of capital gains tax in the world.

    And you want more from these people...Where's your contribution?

    Are you of the half that pays nothing? Should I guess?

    j-mac
    Haymarket works for the democratic party. He knows that the progressive tax system wins elections for the dems when there are more voters getting stuff from the federal government than they are required to pay in taxes. Dems use the wealth of the top payers to buy the votes of a majority. HE defends anything and everything that allows the dems to win elections. When you work for a party and derive your income from being a party employee, you really are a true believer.



  3. #223
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Haymarket works for the democratic party. He knows that the progressive tax system wins elections for the dems when there are more voters getting stuff from the federal government than they are required to pay in taxes. Dems use the wealth of the top payers to buy the votes of a majority. HE defends anything and everything that allows the dems to win elections. When you work for a party and derive your income from being a party employee, you really are a true believer.

    Or a dupe.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #224
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,698

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    from j-mac

    Fact: Half the country pays NO TAXES now
    That is a blatant and baldfaced lie.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from j-mac



    That is a blatant and baldfaced lie.
    46 Percent of Americans Exempt From Federal Income Tax in 2011

  6. #226
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,698

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Haymarket works for the democratic party. He knows that the progressive tax system wins elections for the dems when there are more voters getting stuff from the federal government than they are required to pay in taxes. Dems use the wealth of the top payers to buy the votes of a majority. HE defends anything and everything that allows the dems to win elections. When you work for a party and derive your income from being a party employee, you really are a true believer.
    Why do you persist in making personal attacks upon me based on lies? I have told you repeatedly that I am employed by the State of Michigan. I do exactly the same job that more Republicans do.

    Why do you keep lying about this?

    Why do you keep ignoring that it was Republicans who led the fight for the Progressive Income Tax that you hate and instead demagogue Democrats?

    Why do you use this 47% nonsense when it has been shown to you repeatedly that such Bush tax cuts were passed by Republicans in both houses in Congress over two different Bush led tax cuts with only a very small amount of Democratic support?

    When are you going to start dealing with actual facts instead of your perverted versions of ideological Frankenstien monsters of your own creation?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #227
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Haymarket is going to whine that paying state sales tax, SS "tax" and gasoline tax exempts that 46% from federal taxes



  8. #228
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,698

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    so you take this statement from jmac

    Fact: Half the country pays NO TAXES now
    and attempt to justify it by giving a link which talks about only a single tax paid to a single layer of government while outright ignoring all the other taxes paid to various levels of government by nearly everyone in this nation not a child?

    Amazing.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Ouch. So. That's how bad the economy has gotten. Painful to read, really.

    More than half the filers exempt from federal income tax in 2011 are in the lowest income quintile, meaning they make less than 80 percent of the country. As Bruce Bartlett at The New York Times notes, those in the bottom quintile have incomes of less than $16,812.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Haymarket is going to whine..
    irony......

Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •