Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 512

Thread: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

  1. #181
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    wrong. very very wrong.

    sorry.
    It's nice that you have absolutely nothing of any coherence to add to the discussion. When TurtleDude and Hatuey are thanking eachother's posts in a thread about taxation, it's time for you to pack your bags and move to a different thread.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's nice that you have absolutely nothing of any coherence to add to the discussion.
    saying that you only owe taxes for services that you personally benefit from, is pretty incoherent.

    and downright selfish.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    so what.

    vote them out of office if you don't like what they do.
    Not that easy. I have voted against Nelson here in Florida for years he is still a senator

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I pay for the Interstate Highway System which is what everybody who drives in the interstates uses. Do you know what that is? I'll give you a clue. The Florida Interstates are part of it.
    Yet many are toll roads like in New York and PA so that is like an added tax that is more theft

  5. #185
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    saying that you only owe taxes for services that you personally benefit from, is pretty incoherent.

    and downright selfish.
    Again, you've failed on every single angle to prove why people owe taxes for anything other than what they use. You have simply stated that it's owed because A) the government says so and B) because you say so. That's inconsistent with the entire argument for taxation and people like you don't help the argument. People should pay taxes because it's beneficial to not have people on the street begging for food. However, they don't owe anything to those people or society at all.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 07-04-11 at 02:47 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #186
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yet many are toll roads like in New York and PA so that is like an added tax that is more theft
    Toll roads are used mostly in order to pay for the repair of local highways. At least that's my understanding. If you're going to use those roads, it's only natural that you should be taxed for their upkeep. It's not theft. It's paying for what you use.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Toll roads are used mostly in order to pay for the repair of local highways. At least that's my understanding. If you're going to use those roads, it's only natural that you should be taxed for their upkeep. It's not theft. It's paying for what you use.
    To go across NY on the toll road for a semi is over $100

  8. #188
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,373

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    saying that you only owe taxes for services that you personally benefit from, is pretty incoherent.

    and downright selfish.
    This is evidence that sometimes political underpinnings are lame. Being a socialist because one thinks it means "good at sharing" and one thinks capitalism means "selfish" is about as basic as it gets. Not much point to arguing with it, unless one is in elementary school. This is the level of argument we are witnessing here:

    Mine
    Share
    Mine
    Share
    Last edited by ecofarm; 07-04-11 at 02:51 AM.

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Again, you've failed on every single angle to prove why people owe taxed for anything other than what they use.
    Federal, state, and local income tax, taxes our income. It does not nor should it take into account those services that we did or did not take advantage of, each year.

    Could you imagine the nightmare of red-tape that would be created, if we only paid taxes for those municipal services that we took advantage of?

    "how many sidewalks did you walk on?"

    "how many stoplights did you drive past?"

    "how often did you go to the park?"

    "did you ever call 911?"

    "did you ever use an ambulance?"


    ..come on now, its just silly what you are suggesting.

  10. #190
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Republicans Say They’re Open to ‘Revenue Raisers’

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Toll roads are used mostly in order to pay for the repair of local highways. At least that's my understanding. If you're going to use those roads, it's only natural that you should be taxed for their upkeep. It's not theft. It's paying for what you use.
    No it's theft.

Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •