Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 145

Thread: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

  1. #81
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    'K. You've gotten bigger things wrong. For example, the entire rest of this debate. You've still failed to explain what makes this not heinous. So suddenly you won't "waste your time" when it gets down to you showing why this isn't a totally messed up misuse of the law in the first place?

    Like I said, if you don't want to feel insulted by people repeating back your beliefs to you minus the feathers and glitter, stop defending indefensibly wrong things. Screaming and hurling ad hom's in place of arguments doesn't help you look any more defensible, either.
    I've gotten nothing wrong in this thread. Using Cocaine, while pregnant... IS STUPID. Oh, and there is a law out there that says if you use illegal drugs while pregnant and your child dies you could be held liable? Double stupid on you for doing them. Taking Rat Poison to commit suicide in a spur of the moment act of stupid is... STUPID. And as for "Amanda from Alabama", she plead guilty to using METH while pregnant.

    I'm not the one defending druggies and stupid people taking rat poison.

    Also, just because one does not support abortion, and it's true, in most cases aside rape, incest and life of the mother/child I AM against abortion has ZERO bearing on how I believe women should be treated or that they somehow are less deserving of rights. I RESPECT the opinion, even if I disagree with it, of those that support abortion rights. You need to reassess your world view lady, big time.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #82
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Solution is to drug test mothers at OBGYN visits during their pregnancy. Then you'll have evidence towards a charge of chemical endangerment if you need it.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  3. #83
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I've gotten nothing wrong in this thread. Using Cocaine, while pregnant... IS STUPID. Oh, and there is a law out there that says if you use illegal drugs while pregnant and your child dies you could be held liable? Double stupid on you for doing them. Taking Rat Poison to commit suicide in a spur of the moment act of stupid is... STUPID. And as for "Amanda from Alabama", she plead guilty to using METH while pregnant.

    I'm not the one defending druggies and stupid people taking rat poison.

    Also, just because one does not support abortion, and it's true, in most cases aside rape, incest and life of the mother/child I AM against abortion has ZERO bearing on how I believe women should be treated or that they somehow are less deserving of rights. I RESPECT the opinion, even if I disagree with it, of those that support abortion rights. You need to reassess your world view lady, big time.
    ...Says the guy who would like to return to the Dark Ages practice of tormenting the mentally ill. And doesn't see how removing a right means... removing a right. I almost can't even take you seriously.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    ...Says the guy who would like to return to the Dark Ages practice of tormenting the mentally ill
    WHAT? WHAT?? WHAT??? Where do you get this **** from? Your ass?
    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    . And doesn't see how removing a right means... removing a right.
    Have you considered that I believe an unborn child is an innocent whose rights are being deprived and they are being killed?
    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    I almost can't even take you seriously.
    I think I can live with that prospect, considering the source.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #85
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Moderator's Warning:
    Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder chargesYou both have had time now to see the previous mod box. Continue and be gone from this thread.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #86
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    So you don't see how sending extremely ill people to prison is rather tormenting? Really?

    You do, though, believe women are less deserving of rights. You simply do. That's what your whole stance is about. And you base that on a fallacious and wobbly foundation for which the only argument is appeal to emotion (specifically, appeal to emotion of someone who also happens to have a sub-par understanding of biology among other things). Paint it however you like, but that's what it is. Your only response seems to be mindless all-caps... again.
    Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 07-03-11 at 11:08 AM.

  7. #87
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    The slippery slope has already happened. There is no evidence one of the women did anything to endanger the fetus at all. She is being charged with it anyway out of the clear blue sky.

    I don't find this complicated at all. A fetus does not have the same rights as a person. No logical argument supports that conclusion. But even if that weren't the case, even if you for some reason think a fetus has more rights than a woman, they're already charging women who did nothing wrong.

    And in this case, a woman who was willing to have a child with Downs, despite her doctors suggesting she abort. She's your poster-child. And now you want to send her to jail? For having the audacity to miscarry?
    That's the ironic part-she didn't have an abortion when encouraged to do so by her doctors. The prolifers quickly turn on their own kind, don't they?
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  8. #88
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I've gotten nothing wrong in this thread. Using Cocaine, while pregnant... IS STUPID. Oh, and there is a law out there that says if you use illegal drugs while pregnant and your child dies you could be held liable? Double stupid on you for doing them. Taking Rat Poison to commit suicide in a spur of the moment act of stupid is... STUPID. And as for "Amanda from Alabama", she plead guilty to using METH while pregnant.

    I'm not the one defending druggies and stupid people taking rat poison.

    Also, just because one does not support abortion, and it's true, in most cases aside rape, incest and life of the mother/child I AM against abortion has ZERO bearing on how I believe women should be treated or that they somehow are less deserving of rights. I RESPECT the opinion, even if I disagree with it, of those that support abortion rights. You need to reassess your world view lady, big time.
    And how do they know for sure if cocaine was used during the pregnancy? It only stays in the system for two days.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  9. #89
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Some laws and penalties in Mississippi:

    Reckless Driving - between 5 and 500 $ fine
    DUI - up to 48 hours jail, 250 to 1000 $ fine, 90 days drivers license suspended
    Manslaughter - between 1 and 20 years

    This case: woman faces life in prison.

    Any one see anything wrong here?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #90
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,475

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Gee larry, you think maybe cocaine was in play here?



    Rat poison... dead baby...


    Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges | World news | The Guardian

    It helps to read the story here. Be irresponsible... kill someone, suffer the penalty.
    I knew there had to be more to the story than what the OP was letting on.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •