Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 145

Thread: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

  1. #31
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Yes, and the second who was accused of drug abuse with NO evidence at all. It is a completely baseless accusation.

    It helps to read the article before you claim to know the facts.
    You said she did nothing wrong but the police say she did. You misrepresented what the article said.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  2. #32
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Okay... lets give an example...

    Michele Bachmann had a miss-carriage in 2008. She travels a lot because she is a politician, hence she is irresponsible because she knew she was with child and doing too much can put the child at risk. The constant flying (pressure changes) can have a negative impact on the baby.. and so on and so on... Did she sip some wine or eat some hot food?

    I demand an investigation and just to make sure that she does not harm her children, then she should be thrown in jail during the investigation!
    PeteEU

  3. #33
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    You said she did nothing wrong but the police say she did. You misrepresented what the article said.
    The police also said that DSK raped that illegal prostitute cleaning lady in NY... look where that went.. The police are not always right... far from it.
    PeteEU

  4. #34
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,174

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    You said she did nothing wrong but the police say she did. You misrepresented what the article said.
    Yes, they did say that, and they have so little evidence they couldn't even pick a substance. The accusation was also made 6 months after the still birth. Way after there would be any new physical evidence to take into account.

    What's it going to be? Did she drink too much coffee?

  5. #35
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    An arrest ≠ a conviction.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  6. #36
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    I was addressing the comparison you made originally. If a woman had a baby in Iran and they believed it was stillborn because of her drug addiction, I highly doubt she would get off easy. Throwing in your what-if additions to the scenario is like moving the goalposts. Choose a scenario and stick to it please.
    Yes, and the chances a woman in Iran has access to drugs compared to the US is... so the chances that the situation even occurs in Iran is considerably lower right? I would suspect there is a greater chance of a woman being executed for adultery than fetal murder..

    Actually stoning a woman to death is the punishment for adultery. In all other cases I believe they would hang her. I never implied it was “death by lashes”, I said 70 lashes.
    You are correct.. unless adultery was involved.. but again we are back to the chances of it happening in the first place.
    PeteEU

  7. #37
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Yes, they did say that, and they have so little evidence they couldn't even pick a substance. The accusation was also made 6 months after the still birth. Way after there would be any new physical evidence to take into account.

    What's it going to be? Did she drink too much coffee?
    Look, the women were charged for allegedly doing something to harm the fetus. I have no idea whether they are completely innocent or guilty as charged but I do know that you were making it sound like they were simply being charged with murder for having a miscarriage.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  8. #38
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    An arrest ≠ a conviction.
    True, but the debate is worthless if we pretend they were all innocent and they are being arrested for having birth defects or stillborns alone.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  9. #39
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,174

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Look, the women were charged for allegedly doing something to harm the fetus. I have no idea whether they are completely innocent or guilty as charged but I do know that you were making it sound like they were simply being charged with murder for having a miscarriage.
    Well, she is. There's no evidence of anything. They're more or less saying "we don't know what you did, but we bet you did something!"

    In another they basically charged someone with the offense of having an illness that threatens to be terminal (that's what suicide is - the terminal outcome of severe, untreated mental illness). Attempting suicide is not "negligent" or "abusive." It's a sign of someone who is profoundly sick.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    02-10-12 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    845

    Re: Outcry in America as pregnant women who lose babies face murder charges

    I applaud Mississippi, Alabama and Indiana for treating their baby-making penis-receptacles as well as they do.

    (I expected less of them.)
    Last edited by Befuddled_Stoner; 07-03-11 at 07:59 AM.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •