Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 390

Thread: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

  1. #341
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    With the exception of overriding vetoes, nothing gets past the president without his/her approval and consent. It's the president's job to execute laws faithfully.
    Thank you very much ... then we have 3 presidents to blame for our present situation .. Carter, Clinton, and Bush ..

    Carter when he passed the Housing*and Community Development*Act*of 1977 *designed to encourage commercial*banks*and*savings associations*to help meet the needs of borrowers in all segments of their communities, including low- and moderate-income

    Clinton when he repealed the Glass–Steagall act which had prevented the coupling of investment banking and lending.*

    Bush with his The American Dream Downpayment Initiative* The program was created to assist low-income first-time homebuyers in purchasing single-family homes by providing funds for downpayment,*

    Seeing the housing market collapse and the bundling of worthless loans was at the heart of this recession .. it's safe to say that two of the three presidents were democrats that cased this to happen .

    If not .. let someone show what else was passed and buy whom that caused it.

  2. #342
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by toddwv View Post
    Newsflash, the Dems didn't control both houses of Congress in 2006 and President Obama wasn't inaugurated until 2009.
    Tnank you for that update .. you were a little late .. but hey ... if thats all you can find wrong with the post .. I guess the rest is still factual huh ?

  3. #343
    Advisor toddwv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-11 @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    315

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Tnank you for that update .. you were a little late .. but hey ... if thats all you can find wrong with the post .. I guess the rest is still factual huh ?
    Actually, no. I was just correcting the easiest factual error. The rest is just standard tripe.
    God Has Boobs. It's in the Bible.

  4. #344
    Advisor toddwv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-11 @ 02:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    315

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Thank you very much ... then we have 3 presidents to blame for our present situation .. Carter, Clinton, and Bush ..

    Carter when he passed the Housing*and Community Development*Act*of 1977 *designed to encourage commercial*banks*and*savings associations*to help meet the needs of borrowers in all segments of their communities, including low- and moderate-income

    Clinton when he repealed the Glass–Steagall act which had prevented the coupling of investment banking and lending.*

    Bush with his The American Dream Downpayment Initiative* The program was created to assist low-income first-time homebuyers in purchasing single-family homes by providing funds for downpayment,*

    Seeing the housing market collapse and the bundling of worthless loans was at the heart of this recession .. it's safe to say that two of the three presidents were democrats that cased this to happen .

    If not .. let someone show what else was passed and buy whom that caused it.
    Glass-Steagal was repealed by Gramm-Leach-Bliley which was renamed the "Commodity Futures Modernization Act" or something close to that(after failing to pass) and shoved through during a lame duck session. This bill, sponsored and passed by a Republican House and a Republican Senate, was probably one of Clinton's greatest failings. Of course, Republican dirty politics kept Clinton fairly preoccupied while they fought against him on his bid to prioritize counter-terrorism. I honestly have not idea why he signed that financial abortion other than the fact that it might have slipped through as a relatively minor looking bill with obviously MAJOR ramifications.

    Bush made some noise, but when it came down to it, he just sat on the same bench as the Republican controlled Congress and watched as the housing bubble got bigger and bigger and bigger while other economic signs grew weaker and weaker and weaker.

    It's interesting how you leave out Reagan and King George Bush I from your list of Presidents "responsible" for what happened squarely on King George Bush II's watch which was supported by a rubberstamping Republican Congress. Reagan deregulated us into the S&L crisis. King George Bush I was just a mediocre President at best.
    God Has Boobs. It's in the Bible.

  5. #345
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by toddwv View Post
    Glass-Steagal was repealed by Gramm-Leach-Bliley which was renamed the "Commodity Futures Modernization Act" or something close to that(after failing to pass) and shoved through during a lame duck session. This bill, sponsored and passed by a Republican House and a Republican Senate, was probably one of Clinton's greatest failings. Of course, Republican dirty politics kept Clinton fairly preoccupied while they fought against him on his bid to prioritize counter-terrorism. I honestly have not idea why he signed that financial abortion other than the fact that it might have slipped through as a relatively minor looking bill with obviously MAJOR ramifications.

    Bush made some noise, but when it came down to it, he just sat on the same bench as the Republican controlled Congress and watched as the housing bubble got bigger and bigger and bigger while other economic signs grew weaker and weaker and weaker.

    It's interesting how you leave out Reagan and King George Bush I from your list of Presidents "responsible" for what happened squarely on King George Bush II's watch which was supported by a rubberstamping Republican Congress. Reagan deregulated us into the S&L crisis. King George Bush I was just a mediocre President at best.
    Hey it's really simple .. while you run excuses for Clinton . . you can't find a bill that was pass by anyone else now can you ?? Show Me the Reagan bill that had anything to do with the collapse .. or either Bush's bill other then the one I mentioned ..

    What I find interesting .. Is that 2007 Democrats took control of both houses .. and did nothing to stop the slide .. now did they .. I know .. I know .. they had other important things to do ..

    But lets ask the question ... what was the single biggest factor in the collapse ?
    Last edited by The Barbarian; 07-05-11 at 05:42 AM.

  6. #346
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by toddwv View Post
    Actually, no. I was just correcting the easiest factual error. The rest is just standard tripe.
    Well then please correct the tripe .. or are you just posting more dribble ?

  7. #347
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,073

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    The Great Depression was over before we entered WWII. GDP for 1941 was 17.1%. The unemployment rate for 1942 was 4.7%.
    the Draft did indeed solve unemployment.... sort of... and temporarily. However, a draft is an artificial end to unemployment; and the company experienced shortages and rationing in WWII that put what they'd gone through in the 30's to shame. WWII had some beneficial effects (it forced FDR to stop attacking businesses and start working with them instead, which encouraged investment and expansion), but the natural unemployment rate didn't fall back down to what we would consider "norm" until 1946 - which, not coincidentally, was a year of massive reduction in government expenditures. All that money was released from government coffers to go to work in the private sector and it did.

  8. #348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Yeah I find it interesting too .. so according to this report .. it was Clinton who provoked this attacked .. very interesting .. . It was Clinton that caused Bin Laden to declare a world wide war on America, and did nothing about it . .

    Second, by putting U.S. troops in Kosovo, Clinton is provoking terrorist attacks by Islamic radicals connected to Saudi renegade Osama bin Laden,

    Even more dangerous, entering the Kosovo war may provoke terrorist retaliation within the United States. It's not only our U.S. troops who will be put in mortal danger. Bin Laden has stated unequivocally that all Americans, including "those who pay taxes," are targets.

    Clinton's reckless meddling in Kosovo, Bosnia, Macedonia, Sudan, and Iraq exposes Americans to retaliation from terrorists regardless of whether he achieves any phony "peace" or actually sends in troops.


    Guess he was too busy getting his bj in the white house to worry about such things. Instead passed it off to the next president .. with a warning .. . Clinton predicted on January 22 that it is "highly likely" that a terrorist group will attack on American soil within the next few years.

    Because of this warning .. liberals go on to blame Bush .. for 9/11 an attack that happened just 9 months into his term ..

    But these same mouth piece liberals .. are still blaming Bush for problems after Obama is more then 30 months into his term … and Obama knew what the problems were upon taking office ..

    So according to the dumbfounded liberals .. Bush was warned that sometime in the next few years somewhere in America there “may” be an attack of some sort by terrorists … Nine months after him taking office .. this detailed warning comes true .. and the wide eyed liberals claim Bush should have prevented it.

    When Obama takes office the recession is already upon us .. steps have already been taken to steady the banking system .. and 30 months later .. we are in worse shape then when he took over .. and another 4 trillion in debt .. and of course . . according to liberals it's not his fault . Why .. why .. why … it's Bush's fault ..

    ONLY IN THE LIBERAL MIND …. OF NEVER ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY, AND BLAME OTHERS.

    Again . . it's just a matter that they "hope" America's will buy this bull chit excuse .. and not look at the record of this adminstration ... because by anyones standards this adminstration has thus far "failed"
    And it was Bush who was commander-in-chief on 9.11 who did diddly squat to prevent it.

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post

    Thank you very much ... then we have 3 presidents to blame for our present situation .. Carter, Clinton, and Bush ..

    Carter when he passed the Housing*and Community Development*Act*of 1977 *designed to encourage commercial*banks*and*savings associations*to help meet the needs of borrowers in all segments of their communities, including low- and moderate-income

    Clinton when he repealed the Glass–Steagall act which had prevented the coupling of investment banking and lending.*

    Bush with his The American Dream Downpayment Initiative* The program was created to assist low-income first-time homebuyers in purchasing single-family homes by providing funds for downpayment,*

    Seeing the housing market collapse and the bundling of worthless loans was at the heart of this recession .. it's safe to say that two of the three presidents were democrats that cased this to happen .

    If not .. let someone show what else was passed and buy whom that caused it.
    The CRA had nothing to do with the mortgage crisis. Stop looking to shift blame.

  10. #350
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post

    Tnank you for that update .. you were a little late .. but hey ... if thats all you can find wrong with the post .. I guess the rest is still factual huh ?
    It exposes your lack of knowledge more than anything. But if it makes you feel any better, yes, you were right in the other years when you said Democrats controlled Congress and the White House; and you were right when you said it was Bush's fault and the fault of the Republicans.

Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •