Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 390

Thread: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

  1. #241
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nope, it hasn't been posted but thanks for playing.
    The answer and the proof has been posted multiple times.

    And I thank you for the invitation to cherry pick data, but my integrity requires that I decline your generous invitation
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #242
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Looks to me like you aren't paying any attention to the Obama results either and that is what will be on the ballot in November 2012. Obama doesn't have the economic policy in place to generate the jobs and economic growth that will lead to re-election. You want badly to believe his rhetoric while ignoring his results.
    The polls now are meaningless, they don't even measure likely voters, so if you want to hang you hat on them, fine, but expect everyone to put any faith in them.

    Again, Michele Bachmann is going to give Mitt Romney a run for his money as the social conservatives don't trust him.


  3. #243
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Didn't make them up at all, reported even by the liberal media. How are those successes?
    Conservative is trying to prove something using a source that he doesn't believe
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #244
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The answer and the proof has been posted multiple times.
    So you say yet I gave you the BLS website where you can get unemployment by month going back to 1948 and you won't find any President with unemployment numbers like Obama, NONE, so thanks for playing. You lost as you notice no one is supporting your position.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The polls now are meaningless, they don't even measure likely voters, so if you want to hang you hat on them, fine, but expect everyone to put any faith in them.

    Again, Michele Bachmann is going to give Mitt Romney a run for his money as the social conservatives don't trust him.
    Whoever the Republicans run has an advantage in that the Obama record is reality and will be on the ballot. Only the diehard liberals will ignore the record and continue to divert to the past. Facts like this speak for themself.

    YouTube - ‪Mitt on the Road: Allentown, PA‬‏

  6. #246
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by krickitt View Post
    He did all this on his own, without his General's approval.
    Ummm, the generals need the approval of POTUS, not the other way around, and I really doubt Obam is piloting plane loads of soldiers out of Afghanistan.

    Besides, if he were, the wingnuts would whine about him wasting time flying to Afghanistan when he should be meeting with McConnel on raising the debt ceiling.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #247
    Advisor Swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-05-12 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    351

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As did I but of course you called those opinion.

    let me ask you, did Obama fire his own hand picked commander in Afghanistan, yes or no?
    Um, yes, but that doesn't make it a success or failure. Was the Civil War a failure because Lincoln fired McClellan? Firing his commander does not inherently make the strategy a success or failure, you're lumping them together for no apparent reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Did Obama tell the Taliban when he was going to leave Afghanistan, yes or no
    No, he told the American people our strategy in Afghanistan. What, do you think he's going to withdraw troops secretly without telling anyone? If Obama had not given a withdrawal date, we still would have withdrawn eventually, so the Taliban still would've found out eventually. I see no evidence that the timing of Obama's announcement has been helpful or hurtful. Can you imagine if he had been vague about the details? "Obama owes the American people an explanation! Those are my tax dollars paying for this war!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Did Obama give the commanders the number of troops they asked for when they proposed an Iraq type surge?
    Yes. Commanders proposed several (4, I believe it was) scenarios of a surge for Obama to choose from. Obama chose one of those options (the second highest and third lowest # of troops, I believe), crafted by the commanders, and asked if it could work before making his final decision. They said it would.

    Even if you were right, again, I see no proof that this inherently meant failure. But you were wrong, so it's irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Did Obama take the commanders advice when they gave him options about the Afghanistan draw down and his announcement about troop withdrawal?
    Not exactly sure of the range of options he was given. I have heard that Petraeus wanted a slower drawdown. But again, Obama is the Commander In Chief. If the commanders were meant to make the decisions, our government would simply allow them to circumvent the president. But that's not how it works. And AGAIN, I see no proof that this is going to be harmful. You are mistaking your opinion for concrete evidence. Give me concrete evidence he has failed in Afghanistan, not your opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You call the Afghanistan strategy a success yet have pointed to none other than getting Bin Laden which has been the strategy for the past 10 years. What changed?
    Getting bin Laden was not the only thing I pointed to at all (can you read?)...although it clearly is a huge accomplishment and an enormous blow to the stature of al Qaeda.
    I have also mentioned:
    -We have killed 20 of the top 30 al Qaeda operatives since Obama got into office
    -We have upped the drone strikes, which have gained bipartisan recognition as having helped turn the tide and regain our momentum
    -We have begun training Afghan forces so they can sustain the security of their government without us indefinitely staying there to hold their hands
    -The influence of the Taliban is weaker than it was when Obama got into office
    -The presence of al Qaeda is weaker in Afghanistan than it was when Obama got into office

    So, um, plenty changed. Just because Bob Gates and Petraeus were still around, doesn't mean Obama didn't make major adjustments to strategy and provide large amounts of resources to make a greater degree of success possible.

    So, again. PLEASE show me the evidence that the strategy has failed. You keep pointing to specific choices in Obama's strategy that you would have done differently, but you are failing to prove to us that you are correct, you're just expecting us to believe you without any evidence.
    Last edited by Swizz; 07-04-11 at 06:14 PM.

  8. #248
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So you say yet I gave you the BLS website where you can get unemployment by month going back to 1948 and you won't find any President with unemployment numbers like Obama, NONE, so thanks for playing. You lost as you notice no one is supporting your position.
    Like Sheik says, no Democratic President has received an economy like Obama did from Bush.

    Why did Bush say "Wall Street is drunk" and never did anything about it. He let the economy crash and burn.


  9. #249
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Look, run on that record and see how it works out for you because he cannot run on his promises and predictions regarding the economy. Not sure why you continue to support this empty suit but it is obvious that you hold him to a much lower standard than you ever would have held Bush. In war time you never tell the enemy when you are leaving so why is that a successful strategy here?
    Conservative got pwned on the facts, so now he's trying the political arguement. The debate is no longer over whether Obama is doing what's best for the nation. Conservative is now arguing that Obama should do whatever he needs to do to get re-elected.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #250
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by krickitt View Post
    Obama can't win on the economy, or foreign policy, or national security (think the border with Mexico), or any of the MANY promises he made to special interest groups that have not happened. HOW can he win?
    Ummm, I could be wrong, but I think he can win by winning the majority of electors from the Electoral College
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •