Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 390

Thread: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

  1. #221
    Student krickitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battleground AZ
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    188

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    How about the failure being military deaths going UP, while there are plans to pull troops OUT, leaving the ones still there in grave danger. He did all this on his own, without his General's approval. I read a lot of news, and the attacks in Iraq and Afghanistan are increasing in the last weeks. Obama does things with no thought of consequences, surrounds himself with fools, and when he DOES have someone tell him things he does not like, he disregards them.
    I've never been able to understand why a Republican contributor is a 'fat cat' and a Democratic contributor of the same amount of money is a 'public-spirited philanthropist'.
    Ronald Reagan

  2. #222
    Advisor Swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-05-12 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    351

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Didn't make them up at all, reported even by the liberal media. How are those successes?
    You're missing the point entirely. I did not simply say "Obama's strategy worked", I said "Obama's strategy worked, and I can prove it because x, y, z" (mentioning the killing of Osama bin Laden and 20 out of 30 other top al Qaeda operatives; diminished presence of Taliban comparatively to 2008; diminished power and influence of al Qaeda overall). You are saying "x, y, z" is a failure, but failing to explain to me HOW it was a failure, or prove any evidence that it was. You claim that Obama giving less troops than were requested is a failure. So my question is.......how? Things are better in Afghanistan right now. Who is to say that those extra troops would've helped much? Who is to say they wouldn't have been a waste of money and resources? Who is to say that Petraeus didn't misjudge, and Obama did? There is no proof that you are correct, you are simply saying it. Your arguments are painfully one-dimensional and cannot be taken seriously until you back them up with evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by krickitt View Post
    How about the failure being military deaths going UP, while there are plans to pull troops OUT, leaving the ones still there in grave danger. He did all this on his own, without his General's approval. I read a lot of news, and the attacks in Iraq and Afghanistan are increasing in the last weeks. Obama does things with no thought of consequences, surrounds himself with fools, and when he DOES have someone tell him things he does not like, he disregards them.
    Umm, of course deaths went up, there were more people there to die. Was the Iraq surge a failure because there were more deaths because of it? And to the bolded: perhaps you do not have a grasp on the chain of command. The Commander In Chief does not need the approval of a general.
    Last edited by Swizz; 07-04-11 at 05:18 PM.

  3. #223
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    You're missing the point entirely. I did not simply say "Obama's strategy worked", I said "Obama's strategy worked, and I can prove it because x, y, z" (mentioning the killing of Osama bin Laden and 20 out of 30 other top al Qaeda operatives; diminished presence of Taliban comparatively to 2008; diminished power and influence of al Qaeda overall). You are saying "x, y, z" is a failure, but failing to explain to me HOW it was a failure, or prove any evidence that it was. You claim that Obama giving less troops than were requested is a failure. So my question is.......how? Things are better in Afghanistan right now. Who is to say that those extra troops would've helped much? Who is to say they wouldn't have been a waste of money and resources? Who is to say that Petraeus didn't misjudge, and Obama did? There is no proof that you are correct, you are simply saying it. Your arguments are painfully one-dimensional and cannot be taken seriously until you back them up with evidence.
    Look, run on that record and see how it works out for you because he cannot run on his promises and predictions regarding the economy. Not sure why you continue to support this empty suit but it is obvious that you hold him to a much lower standard than you ever would have held Bush. In war time you never tell the enemy when you are leaving so why is that a successful strategy here?

  4. #224
    Student krickitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battleground AZ
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    188

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Swizz-- why do you think things are better in Afghanistan? They are not. And Iraq is going down, too. Also wondering if you condone the new war in Libya, the secret wars in Yemen and Somalia... where do you get your news?
    I've never been able to understand why a Republican contributor is a 'fat cat' and a Democratic contributor of the same amount of money is a 'public-spirited philanthropist'.
    Ronald Reagan

  5. #225
    Student krickitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battleground AZ
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    188

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Obama can't win on the economy, or foreign policy, or national security (think the border with Mexico), or any of the MANY promises he made to special interest groups that have not happened. HOW can he win?
    I've never been able to understand why a Republican contributor is a 'fat cat' and a Democratic contributor of the same amount of money is a 'public-spirited philanthropist'.
    Ronald Reagan

  6. #226
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by krickitt View Post
    Obama can't win on the economy, or foreign policy, or national security (think the border with Mexico), or any of the MANY promises he made to special interest groups that have not happened. HOW can he win?
    Good luck on getting a response from any of the Obama cult as none like being challenged with actual facts and data so they ignore it or run away. Liberals that cannot blame someone else have nothing to debate since no one can defend the actual Obama record. Obama loves the perks of being President but lacks the ability to do the job. he has had close to 30 fund raisers and over 70 rounds of golf along with his vacations.

  7. #227
    Student krickitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battleground AZ
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    188

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    I'm amazed, really, that Dems are not running someone against him. Total disconnect from what is happening, IMO. No disrespect meant here. Just, really-- you liberal guys should put up another candidate. Obama is a fail. There is no way around that.
    I've never been able to understand why a Republican contributor is a 'fat cat' and a Democratic contributor of the same amount of money is a 'public-spirited philanthropist'.
    Ronald Reagan

  8. #228
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Good for McConnell, Obama had two years of total control and generated the results I have posted over and over again which of course you ignore. those results don't warrant re-election
    McConnell took this position from the very beginning, he agreed with Rush Limbaugh. It's one thing for a private citizen to work against the current President, but it's quite another when a member of Congress says this, especially when the Senate Minority Leader says this.
    Still waiting for your proof that Pelosi or Reid did this.


  9. #229
    Student (R)IGHTeous 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    southeast PA
    Last Seen
    07-06-11 @ 03:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    152

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Yuupp....Obama sure needs a break....from all that campaign promise breaking.....flip flopping.....Constitution raping.....apologizing.......
    THIS is what a young, urban, mixed Latino, GAY REPUBLICAN looks like now adays."-ME
    Capitalism+Bush Doctrine+Israel+state's rights+low/flat taxes=FREEDOM & PROSPERITY.
    ROMNEY/RUBIO 2012

  10. #230
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    McConnell took this position from the very beginning, he agreed with Rush Limbaugh. It's one thing for a private citizen to work against the current President, but it's quite another when a member of Congress says this, especially when the Senate Minority Leader says this.
    Still waiting for your proof that Pelosi or Reid did this.
    So Harry Reid calling Bush a liar and claiming the war was lost is ok? Democrats comparing Bush to Hitler is ok? You have selective outrage. Payback is hell, isn't it?

    http://hillbuzz.org/2011/01/20/democ...macare-a-nazi/
    http://newsbusters.org/node/14103
    http://thewaterglass.net/?p=2850

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •