Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 390

Thread: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

  1. #201
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Your question has already been answered.
    By whom and when? Since you believe that to be the case, state the answer and prove it with facts

  2. #202
    Advisor Swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-05-12 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    351

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So are we winning in Afghanistan? You want badly to believe what Obama tells you and the question is why? Ever hear the statement "trust but verify?" Have you ever verified the accuracy of what Obama has told you?
    I don't think there is any clear way to "win" in Afghanistan. There will be no mission accomplished banner, sorry. There is and has never been any way to know what will happen once we leave there, so the best we can do is to make sure we have done the best we can to cripple the Taliban and diminish the power of al Qaeda. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that things got better since Obama got into office.

    "High-ranking officials told The New York Times that 20 out of 30 prominent Al-Qaeda members targeted by intelligence agencies have been killed in the last 18 months."

    That includes...you know...Osama bin Laden.

    There really is no question that conditions have improved here. Few people are even debating that. I've heard many top Republicans admit the same. I'm shocked (I shouldn't be, but I am) that you would try to suggest that things haven't improved there. John McCain says they have. General Petraeus says they have. What evidence would it take for you to swallow your pride and admit it?

  3. #203
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    By whom and when? Since you believe that to be the case, state the answer and prove it with facts
    By several posters on several occassions.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #204
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    I don't think there is any clear way to "win" in Afghanistan. There will be no mission accomplished banner, sorry. There is and has never been any way to know what will happen once we leave there, so the best we can do is to make sure we have done the best we can to cripple the Taliban and diminish the power of al Qaeda. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that things got better since Obama got into office.

    "High-ranking officials told The New York Times that 20 out of 30 prominent Al-Qaeda members targeted by intelligence agencies have been killed in the last 18 months."

    That includes...you know...Osama bin Laden.

    There really is no question that conditions have improved here. Few people are even debating that. I've heard many top Republicans admit the same. I'm shocked (I shouldn't be, but I am) that you would try to suggest that things haven't improved there. John McCain says they have. General Petraeus says they have. What evidence would it take for you to swallow your pride and admit it?
    Let's see if I have this right, Obama keeps the Bush Sec of Defense, fires his own General in Afghanistan to be replaced by Bush's General that won Iraq and you give Obama credit for success in Afghanistan but cannot define victory? Obama rejected Petraeus' recommendation for Afghanistan but that is ok with you?

    Interesting how you bought the media portrayal of "Mission Accomplished" as if it meant we won in Iraq. Just goes to show the power of the Press in making you believe what they wanted you to believe. Mission Accomplished signaled the success of the mssion by the Fleet returning from Iraq but then again I never would expect you to change your opinion or refute the media reports with actual facts.

    Still waiting for what Obama has done that is truly successful at home that has made things better than when Bush was in office?
    Last edited by Conservative; 07-04-11 at 04:44 PM.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    By several posters on several occassions.
    Sorry, the facts from BLS just prove you and whoever you think posted that information wrong. No President since BLS data has been calculated has ever had more people unemployed than Obama and no President in modern history has ever had those numbers 2 years after the end of a recession. Amazing how you really aren't so independent.

  6. #206
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry, the facts from BLS just prove you and whoever you think posted that information wrong. No President since BLS data has been calculated has ever had more people unemployed than Obama and no President in modern history has ever had those numbers 2 years after the end of a recession. Amazing how you really aren't so independent.
    The answer has been posted several times by several posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #207
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The answer has been posted several times by several posters.
    Then you and those mysterious posters need to call the Bureau of Labor Statistics and tell them that their data is wrong. It is amazing how little you know about the Obama record and actually how little you care. You at least ought to change your political leanings to liberal because that is what you are. Independent people do research and verify what they are told. Seems you hold Obama to a much lower standard than anyone else.

  8. #208
    Advisor Swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-05-12 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    351

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let's see if I have this right, Obama keeps the Bush Sec of Defense, fires his own General in Afghanistan to be replaced by Bush's General that won Iraq and you give Obama credit for success in Afghanistan but cannot define victory? Obama rejected Petraeus' recommendation for Afghanistan but that is ok with you?

    Interesting how you bought the media portrayal of "Mission Accomplished" as if it meant we won in Iraq. Just goes to show the power of the Press in making you believe what they wanted you to believe. Mission Accomplished signaled the success of the mssion by the Fleet returning from Iraq but then again I never would expect you to change your opinion or refute the media reports with actual facts.

    Still waiting for what Obama has done that is truly successful at home that has made things better than when Bush was in office?
    Let's turn this around for a minute. You continuously ask questions of other people (often the same questions, over and over again, even when you've gotten them answered). How about we ask YOU the questions this time. How has Obama failed in Afghanistan? How are we worse off there than we were when Bush left office? What are the concrete changes that you can point to that prove Obama made the wrong choices and his strategy is failing?

  9. #209
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    Let's turn this around for a minute. You continuously ask questions of other people (often the same questions, over and over again, even when you've gotten them answered). How about we ask YOU the questions this time. How has Obama failed in Afghanistan? How are we worse off there than we were when Bush left office? What are the concrete changes that you can point to that prove Obama made the wrong choices and his strategy is failing?
    He failed first by not giving his own handpicked general the amount of troops he asked for. He then failed by giving the enemy a withdrawal date. He then failed again by ignoring the commanders on the ground and their recommendations for the drawdown numbers. Those are failures and anyone who supports the military would understand that.

  10. #210
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then you and those mysterious posters need to call the Bureau of Labor Statistics and tell them that their data is wrong. It is amazing how little you know about the Obama record and actually how little you care. You at least ought to change your political leanings to liberal because that is what you are. Independent people do research and verify what they are told. Seems you hold Obama to a much lower standard than anyone else.
    Show me the proof that I need to call the BLS.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •