Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 390

Thread: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you think any of what you believe he has accomplished trumps the 14.7 million unemployed Americans, 15.8% total unemployment, decline in the labor force, 4 trillion added to the debt, and rising misery index? If so, please state those accomplishments?
    Other people have too many times to mention, and you believed none of them. Therefore, I shall simply aim you at The Promise, by Jonathan Alter. I would be willing to discuss the matter after you read it.

  2. #192
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    stopped reading there. I linked you this already but you keep ignoring it: PolitiFact | Palin claims Reagan faced a worse recession than Obama



    lol @ the idea that Obama was elected to fix the debt. Unemployment and the economy go hand in hand and, again, even with poor jobs numbers of 50k jobs added per month, it is a vast, vast improvement from the state of the economy when he got into office. You cannot deny that. Or are you going to try?

    The closing of Guantanamo is a blip on my radar, personally. I would've liked to see it closed but it is largely symbolic. He signed an executive order but then Congress failed to get it done. It is one of the few things in his presidency that he set out to do and failed. But it is hardly the most important thing of his campaign or facing the country.

    And again, Obama promised a phased withdrawal. That was what he said in the campaign and that is what he is doing right now. Just because you have the facts wrong does not mean Obama is being inconsistent.
    Obama implemented the Bush Iraq Policy and kept the Bush Secretary of Defense so how is what he did different from what Bush was doing? Explain to me why his defense budgets have all been higher with a phased withdrawal?

    Please provide specifics as to what you think Obama has done that has made things better and were things that he was elected to do?

  3. #193
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Other people have too many times to mention, and you believed none of them. Therefore, I shall simply aim you at The Promise, by Jonathan Alter. I would be willing to discuss the matter after you read it.
    I believe facts, not fiction, BLS.gov, BEA.gov, Current Report: Combined Statement of Receipts, Outlays, and Balances of the United States Government (Combined Statement): Publications & Guidance: Financial Management Service, are all non partisan sites that report actual data. So show me with non partisan data that things are better than they were when he took office. My bet is none of this matters to you however as you continue to buy the rhetoric and the extreme makeover Obama is trying in this country to make it more like the European Socialist Utopia liberals believe exists.

  4. #194
    Advisor Swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-05-12 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    351

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama implemented the Bush Iraq Policy and kept the Bush Secretary of Defense so how is what he did different from what Bush was doing? Explain to me why his defense budgets have all been higher with a phased withdrawal?

    Please provide specifics as to what you think Obama has done that has made things better and were things that he was elected to do?
    Again, his defense budgets have been higher because he added a large amount of troops in Afghanistan, like he said he would. And because of the nature of a surge and the nature of withdrawal, he was adding troops in Afghanistan at a quicker rate than they were coming out in Iraq. Surely you know these things, you seem to follow the news, why do you make me explain it to you?

  5. #195
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Obama is taking a break from doing nothing except raising money for his campaign. Where is his leadership??
    Republicans are doing nothing except trying to destroy the economy so Cantor can make money short-selling govt bonds.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #196
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No posters haven't because there have been none in modern history. What I love about you is never answering any questions but making the same charges over and over again as if you say them often enough they become true.
    Yes, posters have because there have been republican presidents with records worse than Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #197
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizz View Post
    Again, his defense budgets have been higher because he added a large amount of troops in Afghanistan, like he said he would. And because of the nature of a surge and the nature of withdrawal, he was adding troops in Afghanistan at a quicker rate than they were coming out in Iraq. Surely you know these things, you seem to follow the news, why do you make me explain it to you?
    So are we winning in Afghanistan? You want badly to believe what Obama tells you and the question is why? Ever hear the statement "trust but verify?" Have you ever verified the accuracy of what Obama has told you?

  8. #198
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Didn't we elect Obama to fix those problems?????? He can't fix any of them because he is unqualified to fix them and he has been a failure, those problems are over his head along with the presidency.
    We???

    You mean you voted for Obama?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #199
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, posters have because there have been republican presidents with records worse than Obama.
    There have been NONE in modern history and the only one who comes close is Hoover in terms of actual results. No President in Modern U.S. history has ever added 4 trillion to the debt in 3 years, had 15.8% total unemployment and 14.7 million unemployed two years after a recession ended yet you buy the rhetoric. The question is why? Trust but verify

  10. #200
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The Bureau of Labor Statistics is the keeper of the unemployment data and begins in 1948 so since that is the agency of record, name for me one Republican President who had unemployment at 14.7 million using BLS data. The only one who doesn't even know where the goalposts are is you. You have yet to find the field.
    Your question has already been answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •