Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 390

Thread: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

  1. #131
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Like I said, the Republican's don't want a recovery because they want to win the White House in 2012 and they don't care how they do it. It's the end that justifies the means for the Republicans. The Senate Minority Leader, Mitch McConnell, has said he wants to make President Obama a "one term President."

    The debt ceiling was raised at least 7 times when Bush was President. With the Republicans its party over country.
    Did I hear you making that claim in 2008 when Democrats controlled the entire Congress, not just the House, and Geithner was head of the NY Fed? Where was your outrage then?

    Nice partisan rhetoric that ignores reality. The debt ceiling when Bush was President was never equal to our annual GDP like it almost is now. Bush spent too much money with the help of Congress but somehow that justifies Obama putting Bush spending on steroids?

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    No President in modern history has ever had 14.7 million unemployed Americans two years after the end of a recession nor has any U.S. President ever added 4 trillion to the debt in less than 3 years. That is the Obama record which of course the Obama cult ignores.
    No president before Obama ever inherited an economy with 13 million unemployed (1 million losing their jobs in January, 2009 alone). No president before ever inherited a debt growing a 1 trillion a year.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You need to take some more civics lessons, the congress doesn't control the economy.
    It is you that needs a civics lesson, Congress makes the laws that create the atmosphere that does control the economy. The President with his anti business agenda is doing his part as well to destroy the economy. He either doesn't understand the economy or has a masterplan to make this country into a liberal socialist utopia country that doesn't exist anywhere else in the world. Cradle to grave coverage is the Obama goal.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    No president before Obama ever inherited an economy with 13 million unemployed (1 million losing their jobs in January, 2009 alone). No president before ever inherited a debt growing a 1 trillion a year.
    So Obama inheriting 12.6 million unemployed makes it worse taking it to 14.7 million 2 1/2 years later? That is the record you are proud of? Here we go again, different thread same tired old rhetoric and you believe if you post it often enough it will become fact. Keep ignoring the Obama record. It is the Obama economy and record that will be on the ballot in 2012, not Bush's

  5. #135
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    ah then please tell .. who does?
    Absolutely amazing how little so many people know about our economy and how taxes and regulations affect businesses and the private sector. I fear for our education system if this is what they are learning.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post

    ah then please tell .. who does?
    With the exception of overriding vetoes, nothing gets past the president without his/her approval and consent. It's the president's job to execute laws faithfully.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    With the exception of overriding vetoes, nothing gets past the president without his/her approval and consent. It's the president's job to execute laws faithfully.
    Right, like the 800 billion stimulus passed in Feb. 2009, the spending of 350 billion of TARP left to Obama, the Afghanistan war supplemental? Apparently Obama liked the Bush record so much that he raised the debt 4 trillion, added 2.1 million more unemployed, and reduced the labor force by 2.4 million? Congratulations on an outstanding liberal record of failure.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    So Obama inheriting 12.6 million unemployed makes it worse taking it to 14.7 million 2 1/2 years later?
    In the final year of the recession, which included just under 7 months under Bush and 5 under Obama, there were 6 million jobs lost. It's not my problem you can't fathom the magnitude of that. DSespite that, unemployment at this point is still better under Obama than it has been under any Republican president...

    Nixon ............ +74%
    Eisenhower ... +48%
    Bush ............. +45%
    Ford .............. +42%
    Reagan ......... +35%
    GHW Bush ..... +28%
    Obama .......... +17%
    Kennedy ........ -11%
    Clinton ........... -23%
    Carter ............ -25%
    Johnson ......... -33%

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Right, like the 800 billion stimulus passed in Feb. 2009, the spending of 350 billion of TARP left to Obama, the Afghanistan war supplemental? Apparently Obama liked the Bush record so much that he raised the debt 4 trillion, added 2.1 million more unemployed, and reduced the labor force by 2.4 million? Congratulations on an outstanding liberal record of failure.
    TARP was Bush's ...

    The wars were Bush's ...

    The economy was Bush's ...

    The Bush acolytes blame Obama.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: President Obama Takes a Break at Camp David

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    In the final year of the recession, which included just under 7 months under Bush and 5 under Obama, there were 6 million jobs lost. It's not my problem you can't fathom the magnitude of that. DSespite that, unemployment at this point is still better under Obama than it has been under any Republican president...

    Nixon ............ +74%
    Eisenhower ... +48%
    Bush ............. +45%
    Ford .............. +42%
    Reagan ......... +35%
    GHW Bush ..... +28%
    Obama .......... +17%
    Kennedy ........ -11%
    Clinton ........... -23%
    Carter ............ -25%
    Johnson ......... -33%

    Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
    Now isn't that wonderful? Tell that to the 14.7 million unemployed Americans that Obama is doing a great job. Percentage change means nothing because the base is different as were the economic conditions. Name for me on, Just one Republican President who had 14.7 million unemployed Americans two years after the end of a recession? You cannot do it, so play your silly games for attention.

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •