Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Geithner set to jump ship

  1. #21
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Geithner set to jump ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    I beg to differ suh...
    Then you don't know what type of stimulus Keynesian promoted. Hint, it wasn't just tax cuts.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  2. #22
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Geithner set to jump ship

    (smile) And Bush/Bammy's was?

    Keynesian economics ( /ˈkeɪnziən/ kayn-zee-ən; also called Keynesianism and Keynesian theory) is a macroeconomic theory based on the ideas of 20th century English economist John Maynard Keynes (1883 – 1946). Keynesian economics argues that private sector decisions sometimes lead to inefficient macroeconomic outcomes and therefore advocates active policy responses by the public sector, including monetary policy actions by the central bank and fiscal policy actions by the government to stabilize output over the business cycle.[

    Keynesian economics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    You folks need to broaden your horizon's.......you need to fit everything into your neat little "boxes"...and that just ain't the way life is


    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Then you don't know what type of stimulus Keynesian promoted. Hint, it wasn't just tax cuts.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  3. #23
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Geithner set to jump ship

    From the same source....

    Keynesian economics advocates a mixed economy—predominantly private sector, but with a large role of government and public sector—and served as the economic model during the later part of the Great Depression, World War II, and the post-war economic expansion (1945–1973), though it lost some influence following the stagflation of the 1970s. The advent of the global financial crisis in 2007 has caused a resurgence in Keynesian thought. The former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, former President of the United States George W. Bush, President Barack Obama, and other world leaders have used Keynesian economics through government stimulus programs to attempt to assist the economic state of their countries.[2][3]

    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  4. #24
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Geithner set to jump ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    (smile) And Bush/Bammy's was?

    Keynesian economics ( /ˈkeɪnziən/ kayn-zee-ən; also called Keynesianism and Keynesian theory) is a macroeconomic theory based on the ideas of 20th century English economist John Maynard Keynes (1883 – 1946). Keynesian economics argues that private sector decisions sometimes lead to inefficient macroeconomic outcomes and therefore advocates active policy responses by the public sector, including monetary policy actions by the central bank and fiscal policy actions by the government to stabilize output over the business cycle.[

    Keynesian economics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    You folks need to broaden your horizon's.......you need to fit everything into your neat little "boxes"...and that just ain't the way life is
    You should see the discussions about Socialism and Communism. If something doesn't fit the defintion to a "T", then it's not valid. Insane... I'd expect the same about Keynesian Economics.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #25
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Geithner set to jump ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You should see the discussions about Socialism and Communism. If something doesn't fit the defintion to a "T", then it's not valid. Insane... I'd expect the same about Keynesian Economics.
    Keynes would have advocated for a massive government created jobs campaign during the last recession and now, not tax cuts. It fits the theoretical definition of what he advocated, not the not the practicing of it. Obama largely used "conservative/repub" policies to stimulate the economy which is why the left doesn't like Obama.
    Last edited by xpiher; 06-30-11 at 08:47 PM.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  6. #26
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Geithner set to jump ship

    Do you ever frequent Pajama's Media, there is is a GREAT piece over there about what he calls a "Peronist".

    Pajamas Media

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You should see the discussions about Socialism and Communism. If something doesn't fit the defintion to a "T", then it's not valid. Insane... I'd expect the same about Keynesian Economics.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Geithner set to jump ship

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Keynes would have advocated for a massive government created jobs campaign during the last recession and now, not tax cuts.
    So they took it to the extreme.

  8. #28
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Geithner set to jump ship

    You aren't paying attention....look up Bammy's Presser yesterday

    I'm jus sayin....

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Keynes would have advocated for a massive government created jobs campaign during the last recession and now, not tax cuts.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  9. #29
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Geithner set to jump ship

    you expect anyone to take a website that says the following seriously?

    You — or your kids — will be assimilated: the "liberal" university prepares the totalitarian future.
    I love it. The people in power have used Hayke as a filter fog to make everything they don't like seem to be "socialist"/totalitarian. Of course, its misappropriation.
    Last edited by xpiher; 06-30-11 at 08:51 PM.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  10. #30
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Geithner set to jump ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    DRUDGE REPORT 2011®

    Not a story posted, but the headline on Drudge, complete with the famous flashing emergency light, is reporting that Tim Geithner is stepping down.

    Good news, but Obama will just replace him with another wannabe.
    Tax evading bastard, they ought make him suffer for his stupidity. Now he wants to skidaddle after helping to **** everything up.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •