Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 437

Thread: Milwaukee schools to lay off 354 teachers

  1. #131
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Milwaukee schools to lay off 354 teachers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Actually I was speaking about the demo politicians that the liberal NEA pumps with money to their campaigns, and then leans on them while in office for the quid pro quo. So what do I mean by "honest" well we can start with not distorting my words.

    j-mac
    It wasn't a distortion, it was a misunderstanding.

    Still, teachers get one vote so I don't see where you have a complaint there. I would still trust teachers to vote for the person that had the best ideas about education.
    As I've stated earlier, not all teachers are in unions. That being said, what is not honest about voting for those who share your ideals? Do teachers not have the right to do that?
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  2. #132
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Milwaukee schools to lay off 354 teachers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That might really hurt, if I thought your opinion of me mattered on little bit....

    j-mac
    Hurt you?!?!?!? I have no idea what you are talking about.

    All I want you to do is to back up with evidence that I as a public school teacher voted for my boss and thus I could

    and then leans on them while in office for the quid pro quo.
    Because in over 33 years that never happened once. So like Denzel Washington said in PHILADELPHIA - explain this to me like I am a four year old.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #133
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Milwaukee schools to lay off 354 teachers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You don't vote? I already clarified, maybe read down before frothing next time.

    j-mac
    You said elect. How do you elect someone without voting?
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  4. #134
    Advisor DontDoIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois, Land of Liberals
    Last Seen
    11-22-15 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    391

    Re: Milwaukee schools to lay off 354 teachers

    Win win win win
    "It is a sad day in society when people adjust the facts to fit their beliefs, rather than adjust their beliefs to fit the facts."
    Libertarian/Conservative/Christian Beliefs

  5. #135
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Milwaukee schools to lay off 354 teachers

    [QUOTE=j-mac;1059621980]
    Wow! Is this how you tend to address anyone whom may have serious disagreements with you? Name call, and pettiness first? It is certainly acceptable to argue that Obama is not a hardcore Marxist, but that doesn't by any means rule out that a heavy portion of his ideological stance relies heavily on tenants of Marx, if not outright Communism. Obama uses buzz wording like 'Social Justice', and 'Collective Salvation' sprinkled in with a host of speeches I believe designed to lull the listener to sleep while his chin is still jutted outward in Moussalli fashion. Deny it as you so arrogantly, and obviously will, but the people see, and are not sleeping any longer.
    J, we're talking about someone who uses the word Marxist. Seriously, this is not valid or honest discourse. And it is dishonest no matter who uses it.

    The dishonest part is that where you want the American people to believe once again that you will actually do both as you say. The track record on this shows a different story, and you my misguided friend are arguing to leave the drug addict in charge of the Pharmacy.
    J, if you believe both are required you argue for both. Has nothing to do with belief.


    Beautiful, you end it just as you started with insult, and arrogance. You need to understand that significance, and seriousness are not trademarks of the liberal alone. People can disagree with you, and that doesn't make them any less serious, nor significant in their argument. So how's about you drop the BS eh?

    j-mac
    J, you can't be serious or siginificant if you use terms like Marxist and communism. There is no way around that. It is unoriginal and silly to go down that old worn down path. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Milwaukee schools to lay off 354 teachers

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    How about we the people force you to do with less, and you do what you are paid to do?

    j-mac
    Missed this earlier. You make a lot of leaps here. How much do you actually know about the job?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #137
    Student TheGreatSandeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    192

    Re: Milwaukee schools to lay off 354 teachers

    Glad we have our priorities straight here.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Milwaukee schools to lay off 354 teachers

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    (CNN) -- In a budget-cutting move likely to be echoed around the country, Milwaukee Public Schools said Wednesday it will lay off 519 staff members -- including 354 teachers -- because of $84 million in state cuts and the system's efforts to control costs.

    Milwaukee schools to lay off 354 teachers - CNN.com


    Cuts have consequences.
    Didn't the Wisconsin governor bust up unions to prevent thse types of cuts?

  9. #139
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Milwaukee schools to lay off 354 teachers

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Didn't the Wisconsin governor bust up unions to prevent thse types of cuts?
    Apparently not, no.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #140
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Milwaukee schools to lay off 354 teachers

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    How about having a real plan to address those issues?
    Union curbs rescue a Wisconsin school district | Washington Examiner

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •