Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 120

Thread: Chris Hansen Caught Cheating on Wife

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Chris Hansen Caught Cheating on Wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post


    Facts:
    - The show To Catch a Predator has not led to a single conviction.
    - The police did not conduct an investigation, they let a group called "Perverted Justice" give them information.
    - The District Attorneys of the states where To Catch A Predator has operated in have been unable to get a single conviction.

    ---------------------------------------

    To Catch A Predator/the local police departments that have collaborated with Perverted Justice should be sued by every single one of the men whose lives have been ruined under clearly weak investigations.
    This segment resulted in 20 convictions.

    On June 30, 2009, all the cases made it through the court system. 20 of the 24 men were convicted of using the internet to solicit a child for sex and some were also convicted of sending harmful material to a child, as some of them emailed pornographic pictures to the decoys. Because these are sex crimes, the 20 convicted men had to register as sex offenders for the rest of their lives. Most of them were also put on sex offender probation.


    To Catch a Predator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    This segment resulted in 26 convictions. In January 2010, Lt. Matthew Stapleton of the Petaluma Police Department credited the sting operation with scaring potential predators away from Petaluma.[9] Referring to later decoy operations by local police, Stapleton said, "As soon as they found out that we were from the Petaluma area, they completely cut off communication with us."

  2. #72
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,726

    Re: Chris Hansen Caught Cheating on Wife

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    This segment resulted in 20 convictions.

    On June 30, 2009, all the cases made it through the court system. 20 of the 24 men were convicted of using the internet to solicit a child for sex and some were also convicted of sending harmful material to a child, as some of them emailed pornographic pictures to the decoys. Because these are sex crimes, the 20 convicted men had to register as sex offenders for the rest of their lives. Most of them were also put on sex offender probation.


    To Catch a Predator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    This segment resulted in 26 convictions. In January 2010, Lt. Matthew Stapleton of the Petaluma Police Department credited the sting operation with scaring potential predators away from Petaluma.[9] Referring to later decoy operations by local police, Stapleton said, "As soon as they found out that we were from the Petaluma area, they completely cut off communication with us."
    Trust me when I tell you that irrefutable facts are not something the poster you replied to really concerns himself with. You'll see what I mean.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  3. #73
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Chris Hansen Caught Cheating on Wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    ^^^This is why you can't reason with libertarians. They'll even defend pedophiles. Unbelievable.

    Your post is why you can't have a discussion with a liberal .. because most aren't capable of comprehending what is actually being said …

    Ikari is not defending pedophiles, she is debating the “rule of law” I've not seen a single post of hers defending pedos, from what I have been reading her posts have all been very much to the point of entrapment and in no way was defending a pedo

    But you post is refreshing in a way .. because I'm sure you are one of the first liberals I've seen that must be 100% behind the Patriot Act … and you surely must have been all in favor of those two young people that helped take down ACORN for their help in setting up “underage” whore houses

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Chris Hansen Caught Cheating on Wife

    What people don't realize is that if you say, "I don't care about entrapment, I want to catch all these pedophiles." There is nothing preventing the justice system from saying, "I don't care about entrapment, I want to catch all these _________" Just fill in the blank. Today, pedophiles. Tomorrow, people who write bad checks? People who drink underage? I mean why stop at pedophiles? Why don't we say "damn the justice system, lets catch ALL criminals, no matter what?" Why is it only pedophiles that people will bend the rules for?

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Chris Hansen Caught Cheating on Wife

    It's a valid point but nobody has shown even the slightest evidence that any entrapment went on here.

  6. #76
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Chris Hansen Caught Cheating on Wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy View Post
    To Catch a Predator's Chris Hansen 'caught cheating on his wife' | Mail Online


    THIS IS MY HOMETOWN.

    THIS.

    IS.

    MY.

    HOMETOWN.

    I KNOW ALL THESE PLACES.

    PALM BEACH COUNTY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY WE CHRIS HANSEN'D CHRIS HANSEN.



    When I first read the thread, I wasn't sure who Chris Hansen was. I thought it was one of the boys from the teeny bopper band, Hanson or Hansen... whatever, but instead it was that guy. Even funnier.

  7. #77
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Chris Hansen Caught Cheating on Wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah. But isn't that actually entrapment? They're facilitating the crime.
    I think it depends on the circumstance... the the "young girl" is going into a chat based on pedophilia and inviting them over and hitting on them that's one thing. If she offers them sex before they ask, that's not right. If she is online chatting as an innocent girl and older men approach her and start hitting on her and wanting sex, then that's entirely different. I don't have a problem with getting these people off the streets. If the cops even investigate their computers and get them on child porn charges and not the internet chat, then that's a good thing.

    I also think this type of stuff happens more often then some people realize. I know when I was online once, I was about 15 and some guy in his 40s wanted to know if I had a boyfriend. I told him no, and didn't think much about it... until he told me he could be romantic and understood how to treat a girl right and boys my age didn't. I said, no thanks. I am not interested in being your e-girl friend, but he kept pressing me and said if I gave him my address he'd send me a gift... it was something I told him I liked earlier in a conversation. I just logged off and didn't say anything about it to my parents. I didn't report him either...

    I have worked with people who have similar stories... One of my coworkers younger sister was on myspace and somebody on her friends list, without warning, sent her a photo of exposed gentiles right in front of her mother and they called the police.

    If the police are online just monitoring the behavior, I see no problem. But if they are targeting seemingly normal people, and inviting them to commit a crime then that's not appropriate and is entrapment.

  8. #78
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Chris Hansen Caught Cheating on Wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No. They make sure to set it up so that the pedo is the one who suggests the rendezvous, I believe.
    I am pretty sure that they would legally have to so the charges will stick... otherwise it's a waste of time, but the fact that they have turned this into a form of nightly entertainment says a lot about America's idea of entertainment. We are ****ed up.

  9. #79
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Chris Hansen Caught Cheating on Wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    If they're pedos then no entrapment is necessary.

    I have never seen the show, only spoofs of it on comedy shows. And I am not making an argument about what happens on the show. Just discussing the general ideas around it.
    I have seen it a few times... You have to watch it, at least once. It's an interesting take on reality TV...

  10. #80
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Chris Hansen Caught Cheating on Wife

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    There are certainly logic overrides one takes when they get into the car to meet an underaged kid under the assumption for sex. However, it does not distract from the fact that the case is made off of circumstance which is encouraged, developed, and baited to produce a certain outcome. And that is IMO entrapment.
    I think they can do it in a manner that is not baited or encouraged. I didn't bait or encourage the 40 year old online that wanted my address and to be my boyfriend.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •