Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months

  1. #1
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months

    North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months
    North Korea has shut down its universities for the next 10 months and sent students to work in factories, agriculture and the construction sector as it struggles to rebuild its economy.

    Pyongyang has told the North Korean people that the nation will have achieved its aim of becoming "a great, prosperous and powerful nation" in 2012, which marks the 100th anniversary of the founder of the reclusive state, Kim Il-sung.
    North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months - Telegraph
    The beginning of the end?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #2
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months

    I am always astonished that self centered people like Castro, and Kim Jong Sicko don't stop to think about what history and even people today would say about them if they did the right thing by their people, and sat aside the political nonsense long enough to be a hero to the people, who are now suffering because of their bone headed policies and actions.

    If Kim would set aside the past and his aspirations for the future for at least a short time and reached out to the USA with a conciliatory speech about putting his people ahead of politics and ideology he could become the savior and hero over night.

    By continuing on the path he has chosen he is creating resentment and hate that with a little push and some support from say a real leader here might be able to promote revolt that could overthrow Kim and reunite North and South Korea.

    So if Obama were really wanting to help people of the world as he has claimed about Libya he'd find a way to help the people of the North.

    Hell he could be the one to swallow his phony pride and reach out and use a little brain matter to tell Kim they need to fore go the usual political bickering and call a political truss for the good of the people and find a way to feed them and in doing so Obama could become a hero making a subtle push for Kim's overthrow much easier in the future with a healthier population.

    It might also open a dialog with Kim in which what i just suggested could be floated playing to Kim's ego.

    But all of this takes thought and Kim and Obama are incapable of doing.

    Just the thoughts of an old guy.

  3. #3
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I am always astonished that self centered people like Castro, and Kim Jong Sicko don't stop to think about what history and even people today would say about them if they did the right thing by their people, and sat aside the political nonsense long enough to be a hero to the people, who are now suffering because of their bone headed policies and actions.

    If Kim would set aside the past and his aspirations for the future for at least a short time and reached out to the USA with a conciliatory speech about putting his people ahead of politics and ideology he could become the savior and hero over night.

    By continuing on the path he has chosen he is creating resentment and hate that with a little push and some support from say a real leader here might be able to promote revolt that could overthrow Kim and reunite North and South Korea.

    So if Obama were really wanting to help people of the world as he has claimed about Libya he'd find a way to help the people of the North.

    Hell he could be the one to swallow his phony pride and reach out and use a little brain matter to tell Kim they need to fore go the usual political bickering and call a political truss for the good of the people and find a way to feed them and in doing so Obama could become a hero making a subtle push for Kim's overthrow much easier in the future with a healthier population.

    It might also open a dialog with Kim in which what i just suggested could be floated playing to Kim's ego.

    But all of this takes thought and Kim and Obama are incapable of doing.

    Just the thoughts of an old guy.
    Did you seriously just compare KJI to Obama?

    You almost had a reasonable post going there, too. Too bad. Better luck next time.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months

    Something similar happened in China towards the end of the Cultural Revolution. Students were sent into the factories and fields to prevent them from fomenting opposition to the government. Something similar could be happening here; I don't see any other reason why the government would do that when they have a massive army that could be (and probably normally would be) working on these projects.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  5. #5
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Did you seriously just compare KJI to Obama?

    You almost had a reasonable post going there, too. Too bad. Better luck next time.
    You really have a problem with reading comprehension don't you. Where did I compare the two?

    What I said and made it clear they both have an opportunity to improve their lot in the eyes of the world.

    Man you haters will stop at nothing to try to make others look bad but in the process you come off the fool most of the time.

    Here is where I will compare them.

    Neither one has the brains needed to see what would help at this point.

    There now you can be happy with yourself.
    Last edited by Councilman; 06-29-11 at 05:45 PM.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    07-06-11 @ 10:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    232

    Re: North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months

    Maybe the schools were like american schools? I say shut them down.

  7. #7
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    You really have a problem with reading comprehension don't you. Where did I compare the two?

    What I said and made it clear they both have an opportunity to improve their lot in the eyes of the world.

    Man you haters will stop at nothing to try to make others look bad but in the process you come off the fool most of the time.

    Here is where I will compare them.

    Neither one has the brains needed to see what would help at this point.

    There now you can be happy with yourself.
    You did this already.
    But all of this takes thought and Kim and Obama are incapable of doing.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #8
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Something similar happened in China towards the end of the Cultural Revolution. Students were sent into the factories and fields to prevent them from fomenting opposition to the government. Something similar could be happening here; I don't see any other reason why the government would do that when they have a massive army that could be (and probably normally would be) working on these projects.
    You may be right. Or it may just be a blunder.

    It's a serious waste of resources to send these people off to do things other than what they had been in school to learn to do. That's a large opportunity cost that's being incurred for some reason or other.
    I may be wrong.

  9. #9
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Did you seriously just compare KJI to Obama?

    You almost had a reasonable post going there, too. Too bad. Better luck next time.
    I didn't get that he was comparing them. I thought he was talking about Obama's obligation in relation to Jong-Il's inability to take care of his people.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #10
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: North Korea shuts down universities for 10 months

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You did this already.
    Well I'll be damned you passed the test you do have some reading comprehension skills, which means all you need to do is learn that Obama is not the genius you seem to to think he is or he wood think past appeasing Islamic Radicals and defending racists.

    As far as I am concerned if he isn't willing to use his supposed intelligence to save lives and stabilize an unstable relationship with a dangerous maniac he's no better than the nut.

    But that's just my opinion, and you're not stupid.
    Last edited by Councilman; 06-30-11 at 12:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •