Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 273

Thread: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

  1. #81
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I think Mr. Cain is being way too charitable to Stewart because there is no doubt as I see it that this was totally Racist.
    Wow, it's a good thing that very, very, very few people here take you seriously anyways.

    Herman Cain is an idiot if he really wants all of our nations business to be done via cliff-notes. 3 or four pages isn't enough room, especially with the way legislation is formatted. He'd know that if he had even the slightest clue as to how our government runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  2. #82
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    which is what liblady was implying.
    it's not my problem that you erroneously inferred such.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #83
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    which is what liblady was implying.
    No, she was implying that its rather retarded to question the "mental acuity" of an entire segment of the population, especially when on average said segment of the population is more highly educated which suggests that at least a good portion of when would have a relatively keen intellect.

    Of course, shocker of all shockers...you all get pissy over the notion that she said Liberals are more educated then republicans, yet completely gloss over a far less factual and far more questionable comment that liberals by and large all lack the mental acuity to even deal with "facts".

    But right...right...forgot, hyper partisans...."must just attack the enemy...must ignore our own idiotic comments....race card is bad...wait race card is good but because liberals use race card because its bad".


  4. #84
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Stewarts a comedian. He was making a joke. The man's got zero to no history of racist tendencies. The most people are going off of is that Stewart used a voice that they claim is mocking black people, a voice Stewarts reportedly used when doing white people as well. The vast majority of these bull**** things....from Donovan McNabb is a media created QB to ****ing Herman Goddamnt Cain...are just that. Bull****. Not actual racism but created and manufactured feigned outrage over hyper sensitive, tit for tat, cry babies.

  5. #85
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    And considering you're issue with a Pew study is that they followed relatively standard protocols with a scientific poll, in that they captured a random sample size that is significantly smaller than the extremely large sample size being discussed, it shows that you seem to be severely lacking in your knowledge and education regarding how scientific polls work. At least it has assured me I will never once see you reference a poll unless the sample size is somehow close to 1:1 since your misguided, supposedly highly educated, opinion seemingly requires such to be "respectable".

    Oh wait, no I should use some common sense...

    You require a poll to be in favor of what you say for it to be respectable.

    Silly me, should've just used Occam's razor.

    anyone who has any "real" experience with "scientific" (a misnomer for sure) polls, knows that there are a plethora of ways to manipulate the sampling and or data to get the results you want.
    Last edited by OscarB63; 06-28-11 at 04:49 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #86
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No, she was implying that its rather retarded to question the "mental acuity" of an entire segment of the population, especially when on average said segment of the population is more highly educated which suggests that at least a good portion of when would have a relatively keen intellect.

    Of course, shocker of all shockers...you all get pissy over the notion that she said Liberals are more educated then republicans, yet completely gloss over a far less factual and far more questionable comment that liberals by and large all lack the mental acuity to even deal with "facts".

    But right...right...forgot, hyper partisans...."must just attack the enemy...must ignore our own idiotic comments....race card is bad...wait race card is good but because liberals use race card because its bad".

    bolded, sums up your entire agruement against me next....
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #87
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    it's not my problem that you erroneously inferred such.
    just as it's not my problem you don't have the integrity to admit your true rationale for making the statement.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #88
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i judge each instance on it's own merit, and i think it's pretty damned funny that those of you who deny that foodstamps with watermelon and obama's picture are not racist, but insist that mimicking a man who joked about making bills 3 pages long is racist.
    I find it pretty damned funny that you're engaging in your own race card pulling feign outrage over a picture that gets posted up on this forum more by Liberals bitching, whining, and complaining about conservatives than it does by any conservative. A picture that frankly outside of one or two bat**** crazy racist conservatives I've never seen pushed by any significant amount of people on the right. A picture I've seen people on the right ROUTINELY critcize when it gets thrown out. But you of course stereotypically latch onto that and cry and whine and immedietely need to spin this around to "OMG I'M THE LIBERAL VICTIM!!!!!" by using ridiculous crap and hyperbole in attempting to act like there's even an honest sizable MINORITY let alone majority of Republicans that find such a thing "pretty damn funny".

    I'm surprised you're getting so angry at some of the people in this thread, you don't act any differently.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You do realize that there is a difference between saying a group is "inherently" smarter and saying that there are more educated people within the population of a group? One suggests that the group is somehow by virtue of being part of that group more intelligent. The other is suggesting that more people in one group happen to have more education.

    Nevermind the issue of attempting to equate "smarter" with "education" as some kind of synonymous statement. One can be smart while having little education, similarly one could have a great deal of education and yet still be rather dumb.

    For having a conniption fit about someone making a comment concerning the educational level of various groups, being snippy back at them while misusing educated and “smarter” interchangeably and comparing something “inherent” to something that people participate in seems to not help your argument much.
    I was unaware I had one of those. I thought we were discussing the topic.

  10. #90
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    anyone who has any "real" experience with "scientific" (a misnomer for sure) polls, knows that there are a plethora of ways to manipulate the sampling and or data to get the results you want.
    Indeed there is, however you gave 0 analysis as to what "manipulation" went on in this particular poll. You just looked at it and immediately dismissed it because it happened to fall in line with the same standard method of the vast majority of scientific polls out there. You would perhaps have a point if you actually looked at it and found a way that it manipulated the sample...like showing a really large standard deviation, or pointing out some kind of specific flaw within how they gathered their sample, or a question that was highly ambiguous, etc. Instead you just went “OMG! They used less people then there are people in this country, ITS NOT GOOD!”

    All that really showed, to be truthful, is that you weren’t honestly looking for any kind of proof because you knew before hand that there was no proof that you were going to accept. You can’t honestly record and recite the education level of every single person in the United States, and you were going to lambast any poll you didn’t like the results of as being manipulated, so there was no honest actual interest in getting “proof”, you just wanted to attack her and bash her point simply because it was HER point, not because of any factual truth or error regarding it, and that just gave you a cover. It was additionally apparent since you had no issue patting the very next poll on the back, even though it had similar issues as what you suggested was wrong with the first.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •