Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 273

Thread: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

  1. #171
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Of course, one could easily point out that these things occurring during Obama's presidency doesn't mean that he caused them, made them worse, or even failed to make them better.
    yeah...it's not like he's the President or anything like that.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Of course, one could easily point out that these things occurring during Obama's presidency doesn't mean that he caused them, made them worse, or even failed to make them better.
    One could also easily deduce that had this all happened under McCain, liberals would be blaming him for it.

  3. #173
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    One could also easily deduce that had this all happened under McCain, liberals would be blaming him for it.
    Yeah, and they'd be dumb. It's about as dumb as the "everything is Bush's fault" refrain. Although Bush did **** up pretty badly.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #174
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah...it's not like he's the President or anything like that.
    I started getting less sleep after Obama became President. Must be his fault right? College had absolutely nothing to do with it!
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  5. #175
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,746

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Unemployment has hovered between 8.1% at the low end and 9.3 at the high end. On average, it's been around 9.1% since about March/April 2009. I'd hardly say the unemployment rate is "still rising". I think the highest it's gotten under Obama was 10.3%, but it hasn't gotten any higher than 9.3% since that time - hardly support for you claim that it's "still rising". But nice try.I'd say you need to start talking to your obstructionist GOP politicians about that.
    Dont believe the hype. The unemployment 'hovers' at 9.3 but thats only because people have been unemployed for so long they drop off the rolls. Those do not reflect anything even CLOSE to accurate unemployment figures.

    Good thing no DEMOCRATS where in volved in creating this mess...its ALL the GOP.

    Myopia is AWESOME...you get to pretend your **** doesnt stink...

  6. #176
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Did any conservative ever say 'Oh, by the way... he's black!' like Obama claimed they would during the election? Did any conservative ever say 'He doesn't look like the other Presidents on those dollars', like Obama claimed they would?

    Face it. Liberals play the race card way more than conservatives do... especially if a conservative dares to say something negative about Obama himself or one of his decisions or policies.
    I have heard many say very racist things during the election in private, but many people have learned not to speak their private feelings about race in public. Never on this forum or in a public venue though. However, this does not mean that racism doesn't exist or that it does not motivate behavior. It just means that society has shouted racists down, so people hide it. If that is what you are asking.

    However, overall, the very fact that Cain is gaining popularity means that racism as a concern in politics is waning. This is a good sign for the progression of society. But, this is also irrelevant in the sense that racism has not been completely purged from people's hearts (it will probably be a couple more generations before enough people die off before it is truly no longer an issue). In the end, because its an issue that is not uniform to one party or demographic, I think both liberals and conservatives are correct in their protests, but are talking past each other.

    So, in the end, I am forced to conclude this accusation is a hit piece (and I did another similar hit piece to show the same mistake in another poster's thinking, so I am not above sullying myself either) that is knowingly dishonest, but probably makes people feel good emotionally, so it will continue.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 06-29-11 at 11:49 AM.

  7. #177
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    you could be right........but i have to say i think it's pretty hilarious that republicans are playing the race card. do you watch stewart? he mimics whomever he can, including obama.
    It's not playing the race card, it showing how the left believes that blacks belong to them. Conservatives are not allowed to have a black candidate because it doesn't fit the political template. I mean it's not suppose to happen that way. How many lefties think conservative blacks are Uncle Toms? I'll bet a whole lot.

    Conservatives blacks are obviously fake blacks....they don't understand the black experience.
    Last edited by American; 06-29-11 at 11:42 AM.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #178
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    It's not playing the race card, it showing how the left believes that blacks belong to them. Conservatives are not allowed to have a black candidate because it doesn't fit the political template. I mean it's not suppose to happen that way. How many lefties think conservative blacks are Uncle Toms? I'll bet a whole lot.

    Conservatives blacks are obviously fake blacks....they don't understand the black experience.
    It's 100% playing the race card or being completely ignorant about either Stewart or what racism is. Take your pick because nothing in Stewart's impression even suggests racism. What he did to Cain is what he does to every single politician, Democrat and Republican.

  9. #179
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I want to make it clear and go on record as stating, "I voted for Barack H. Obama, Jr., first and foremost because I believed him to be credible AND because I believed he would tackle many of the problems this country faces that have not been dealt with in the past. I also voted for him because he was the only Black candidate I've known of in recent history who I believed not only could actually win the Presidency, but also because I believed he was deserving of the change. And I'll vote for him again because I believe he has done as good a job as can be expected considering all the problems this country has faced in the 2 short years he's been in office."

    Now, that I've got that out there, let's NOT turn this into another Barack Obama thread.
    i voted for him because he was black.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #180
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i voted for him because he was black.
    Solely?

    Or were there other reasons?

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •