Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 273

Thread: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

  1. #121
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    "My ilk"? I'm a centrist who leans conservative/libertarian. I don't see any of "my ilk" in this thread, do you? I pointed out the fallacy in liblady's argument, you know with things like facts and the truth. I don't live in a glass house, I call a spade a spade - always have, always will. Maybe before jumping to an invalid conclusion yet again, you could try applying things like context and common sense?
    oh **** epic mod showdown
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  2. #122
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    Anyone who is not a liberal who points out that the left plays the race card constantly is "playing the race card"? The facts do not support your assertion liblady, not even remotely. The left "victimizes" the poor and minorities all the time. If it weren't for that, the DNC would no longer exist.

    For nearly three years now, we've heard "you just hate Obama because he's black" from the left. Those of us who disagree with Obama don't "hate" him as a person (at least most of us), we just hate his policies, his ideology, his destructive and ridiculous policies (99% of them anyway) and it has absolutely nothing to do with his race. The only ones playing the race card are your cohorts in misguided and intellectual fraud (that would be the left). We've been saying for nearly three years now that it has nothing to do with his race and for 99% of us it doesn't. I won't dismiss that there are racists out there who hat him for his skin color, but that is a very small minority - so small that it's insignificant. And before you trot out the "Teabaggers are racists" tripe, save your time. That's been proven to be a blatant lie so many times now that it isn't worth the time or effort to prove that one wrong yet again.

    Liberals pander to the "poor" and to minorities for votes. Instead of helping them, they are actually imprisoning them with a never-ending cycle of entitlements. It has everything to do with special interests and gaining votes (The right does it too, so don't think I'm giving them a free pass. The "religious right" is nothing short of a special interest group.). Welfare, food stamps, government health care and other entitlements are what's got us in the financial mess we are in. We don't need higher taxes to pay for this stuff, we need to stop supporting the millions who refuse to support themselves. There are those who need assistance (the blind, the disabled, etc...), but there are those who have been abusing the system for so long and refuse to take responsibility for their own lives. The left doesn't believe in personal responsibility and it's the weak-minded entitlement sheeple that keep hurting themselves by putting the liberals and progressives in office year after year.

    I could go on and on, but I believe that even this tiny bit might be over your head.
    We've actually heard the "black/brown skin" commentary far less than one would expect given the amount of times conservatives seem to feel it. I can understand the class stuff, far too many liberals can't see passed that before spouting it, but racism accusation comments happen less often than one would expect. Now, the "Tea Party=racism" commentary, yes, that was some major bullocks on behalf of many liberal commentators and a damn shame. But I haven't heard near enough "Conservatives dislike Obama because of the color of his skin" comments to take that observation of yours that seriously.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    oh **** epic mod showdown
    where is that damned popcorn icon when you need it!?!

  4. #124
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Is that really racist though? Or is that John Stewart doing what John Stewart normally does?
    It wasn't racist, just people crying racism.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #125
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!

    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    33,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    We've actually heard the "black/brown skin" commentary far less than one would expect given the amount of times conservatives seem to feel it. I can understand the class stuff, far too many liberals can't see passed that before spouting it, but racism accusation comments happen less often than one would expect. Now, the "Tea Party=racism" commentary, yes, that was some major bullocks on behalf of many liberal commentators and a damn shame. But I haven't heard near enough "Conservatives dislike Obama because of the color of his skin" comments to take that observation of yours that seriously.
    You should read more threads here at DP. I hear it at work, see it here, see it on MSNBC and other media outlets. That line has been used plenty.

  6. #126
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Is that really racist though? Or is that John Stewart doing what John Stewart normally does?
    I think it's mostly just Stewart making funny voices and trying to imitate for comedic sake (like exaggerating George W. Bush's voice). Whether he actually tried to imply a sort of Minstrel/Uncle Tom hybrid is a matter of contention only best known by Stewart himself.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    you could be right........but i have to say i think it's pretty hilarious that republicans are playing the race card. do you watch stewart? he mimics whomever he can, including obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    but perfectly acceptable when the liberals do it.. we know.. we know.
    I don't know how many times I've had to make this point, even if someone is a hypocrite it doesn't mean they are wrong by default!

    Lets work out a scenario. A liberal plays the "race card," conservatives say thats wrong. Then a conservative plays it and when liberals point out their hypocrisy, they are accused of being hypocrites because they use the same political tactic, and therefore liberals must be wrong by default and therefore conservatives cannot be hypocrites. But it doesn't matter! If you think something is wrong, and say that its wrong or describe it in any kind of way, when you do that exact same action you cannot deny you are also wrong or meet that description, otherwise you are a hypocrite.

    If you think its wrong for liberals or whoever to play the "race card," and say its wrong when they do, then you do the exact same thing then you must be BOTH WRONG in your opinion otherwise you too are a hypocrite.

  8. #128
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Both sides have a fair bit of recent history and connection with racism. The uncle tom **** that Steele and Thomas got is no less racist than the crap that Obama got. The people who voted for Obama singularly because he's black and not "the white man" are no less racist than those who didn't vote for Obama because he's a black man. The people who vote Democrat because "republicans hate black people" and believe republican = white people are no less racist than your guy who doesn't vote democrats because they support giving money to those n-words.

    The pissing match for whose side is the bigger racist is so laughably asinine and patheticly stupid and in the end utterly worthless.
    I want to make it clear and go on record as stating, "I voted for Barack H. Obama, Jr., first and foremost because I believed him to be credible AND because I believed he would tackle many of the problems this country faces that have not been dealt with in the past. I also voted for him because he was the only Black candidate I've known of in recent history who I believed not only could actually win the Presidency, but also because I believed he was deserving of the change. And I'll vote for him again because I believe he has done as good a job as can be expected considering all the problems this country has faced in the 2 short years he's been in office."

    Now, that I've got that out there, let's NOT turn this into another Barack Obama thread.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 06-28-11 at 06:15 PM.

  9. #129
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    You should read more threads here at DP. I hear it at work, see it here, see it on MSNBC and other media outlets. That line has been used plenty.
    On DP, sure.....at work, certainly (we all hear really screwy things at work..awful things). MSNBC, I am not as certain (partially because I can't seem to catch it at a decent time), but not completely surprised (I'm thinking more along the lines of anti-Tea Party rhetoric comes about). Some posters in particular are more apt to say it, and deserve a slap in the face for that. I won't go so far as to embrace most of what you say, but I will embrace the idea that at the very least the Tea Party has been dramatically unjustified in being called racist.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    where is that damned popcorn icon when you need it!?!
    Here ya go...

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •