Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 273

Thread: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

  1. #101
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    on the part of both sides.
    I certainly don't disagree with that. Democrats were the party of discrimination for a hundred years. But in living memory it is the Republicans that bear the lion's share of the guilt. Never forget the infamous Republican "Southern Strategy."

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    kinda like the waterboy claiming to be a member of a championship team. credit by association.
    sooooooooo not touching that.

  3. #103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    And considering you're issue with a Pew study is that they followed relatively standard protocols with a scientific poll, in that they captured a random sample size that is significantly smaller than the extremely large sample size being discussed, it shows that you seem to be severely lacking in your knowledge and education regarding how scientific polls work. At least it has assured me I will never once see you reference a poll unless the sample size is somehow close to 1:1 since your misguided, supposedly highly educated, opinion seemingly requires such to be "respectable".

    Oh wait, no I should use some common sense...

    You require a poll to be in favor of what you say for it to be respectable.

    Silly me, should've just used Occam's razor.
    Better watch it, Zyplin, or pretty soon they'll be labeling you a RINO just like they did danarhea.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 06-28-11 at 05:39 PM.

  4. #104
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I certainly don't disagree with that. Democrats were the party of discrimination for a hundred years. But in living memory it is the Republicans that bear the lion's share of the guilt. Never forget the infamous Republican "Southern Strategy."
    living memory is a very subjective term. how many negroes were lynched by them good ole southern democrats in the 30s and 40s?

    as late as the late 70s/early 80s there was a small heavily democratic town in Alabama that had a large billboard at the city limits that read "NIGGERS, Don't let the sun go down on you in XXXXXXX"
    Last edited by OscarB63; 06-28-11 at 05:46 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #105
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    and the pictures of obama as a monkey
    I think 9 out of 10 times this is the biggest example of pulling the race card that the left tends to do with this President, because they refuse to look at context and just go "MONKEY BLACK MAN RACIST" despite the fact that the majority of times I've seen it done its specifically as a poke and nod to the fact that Bush was depicted that way for 8 years because he had big ears and was dumb and people feel Obama's got big ears and dumb so they do it as both representing that and because they know it'll piss liberals off when they hypocritical go "OMG THAT MUST BE RACIST!"

    There's been far more times where I've seen liberals pathetically and wrongly pull the race card with the Obama/Monkey thing then I've seen honest to goodness racism from the right with it.

    i'm not one who thinks every opposition to obama is racist, i do however believe that some of it certainly is.
    Of course some of it is. And some of the support for obama is racist in nature as well. Support simply because "he's a black man and not whitey". However, in all reality, its relatively small on both sides. Its one thing to ignore that racism exists, its another thing to harp on it so much to make it seem...intentionally or not...that its a major thing and then when called on it whine and go "no no, I don't mean its big, I just think its a PART of it....."

    No **** its a part of it, there's not been an election in the past 30 years that racist views played into the votes for one candidate or another. That doesn't mean its something that should be focused or talked about nearly as much as it is.

  6. #106
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Akston View Post
    They keep making the same argument because it's true! And what did you take away from my post that you considered a "personal insult"? I stated that I believed this tiny bit might be over your head and your response proved that statement to be true. It was not intended as an insult, but since pesky things like facts and the truth don't matter to your ilk, I can see why you would take it that way.
    Funny, considering your ilk in this thread I would say facts and truth don't matter to yours as well. What matters is what party is doing the action. That's the only "fact" or "truth" that seems to matter to your ilk involving this issue. For all the talk about what "goes over peoples head" apparently the actual topic of this thread and the race card pulling by conservatives was over your head since you completely flubbed why republicans were being said to be calling the race card in this instance.

    Glass houses hugh. Examine how well things go over your own head before you start commenting on others.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    living memory is a very subjective term. how many negroes were lynched by them good ole southern democrats in the 30s and 40s?
    A fair point. But you're dodging the larger issue about the more recent connection between Republicans and racism.

  8. #108
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Better watch it, Zyplin, or pretty soon they'll be labeling you a RINO just like they did danarhea.
    I've been getting that for 6 years, ain't no skin off my back. I take the majority of the "conservatives" who label me as such or question my conservative credentials saying such a thing as nothing more than positive feedback for my views. Because typically the only times I'm getting called that is when I got forbid am actually following my conservative principles but in a way that doesn't follow the party line...so them bitching about my status as a conservative just reenforces my stance to me.

  9. #109
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    A fair point. But you're dodging the larger issue about the more recent alleged connection between Republicans and racism.
    editted for accuracy. from my experience, racism knows no party boundaries.
    Last edited by OscarB63; 06-28-11 at 05:50 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #110
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Cain: Stewart Impression Shows 'Problem' With Black Conservatives, But Not Racist

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    A fair point. But you're dodging the larger issue about the more recent connection between Republicans and racism.
    Both sides have a fair bit of recent history and connection with racism. The uncle tom **** that Steele and Thomas got is no less racist than the crap that Obama got. The people who voted for Obama singularly because he's black and not "the white man" are no less racist than those who didn't vote for Obama because he's a black man. The people who vote Democrat because "republicans hate black people" and believe republican = white people are no less racist than your guy who doesn't vote democrats because they support giving money to those n-words.

    The pissing match for whose side is the bigger racist is so laughably asinine and patheticly stupid and in the end utterly worthless.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •