Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 105

Thread: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

  1. #81
    User LoudAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    RDU NC
    Last Seen
    08-11-11 @ 10:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    46

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Sounds EXACTLY like ... the soviet union.
    Can't speak of the USSR but the USSR military that was in Communist Hungary were positioned there for defense and labor (as in building thing - maybe like border containment)

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Clarify, Legal or illegals?
    like krickitt said
    a rule on immigration that they must be able to support themselves if they come here
    Even places like Australia have laws on Americans moving there - you must be able to fit into their needed labor expectations.

    BESIDES ALL THAT:
    Why should those who illegally enter our country be allowed the same PRIVILEGES as those who went through ALL the hassles of coming here LEGALLY.

  2. #82
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by LoudAmerican View Post
    BESIDES ALL THAT:
    Why should those who illegally enter our country be allowed the same PRIVILEGES as those who went through ALL the hassles of coming here LEGALLY.
    Because the Democratic voting block needs support from this ethnic minority to stay in political office in both state and federal elections. The truth of it is, there are more legal minorities who will stick up for their former countrymen who are here illegally to stay, than not. Therefore, the political party that throws in behind the illegals in support of some type of program or amnesty will gain votes from said minority. A secondary effect is those unskilled illegals become a proxy slave class doing the hard labor work others do not want to do.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #83
    Student Marshabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    11-09-13 @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    293

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Exactly. It's an important distinction. A legal immigrant is llike a guest in your house. An illegal is like someone who just snuck through the window.

    Most of us would rather not having people sneaking into our houses through the windows.

    Yet we read stories of "immigrants" that really are about illegals. It must infuriate the legal immigrants to be lumped in with the people who just snuck in. I know it would me if I were an immigrant.
    Yet our government has been as good as telling us to shut up and let them squat in our homes, eat our food, take our jobs. It's sickening. Obumbler and his crew bend over backwards not to insult illegal immigrants or piss them off while all the while insulting U.S. citizens routinely. At least George Bush wasn't bashing us while he screwed us the same way. Oblamer, of course, is doubling down on this madness. Legal immigrants are as much harmed by illegals as any other citizen and if they don't know that they are fools.

    It seems to me illegals are left alone to establish their own black market on our streets while little American children are having their lemonade stands shut down.

    I am sick and tired of the federal government treating us this way.

    "It's not surprising, then, he gets bitter, he clings to golf clubs or basketballs or antipathy to white people who aren't like him or anti-American sentiment or anti-capitalist sentiment as a way to explain his frustrations." ~ Helianthus

  4. #84
    User LoudAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    RDU NC
    Last Seen
    08-11-11 @ 10:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    46

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Because the Democratic voting block needs support from this ethnic minority to stay in political office in both state and federal elections. The truth of it is, there are more legal minorities who will stick up for their former countrymen who are here illegally to stay, than not. Therefore, the political party that throws in behind the illegals in support of some type of program or amnesty will gain votes from said minority. A secondary effect is those unskilled illegals become a proxy slave class doing the hard labor work others do not want to do.
    Yup - that is the ENTITLEMENT mentality at its best ... most people refuse to understand that the spelling is JUSTICE AND not JUST US!

    To get things turned around people need to understand that disrespect for the laws is just that - disrespect and it's time to regain respect as it was years ago

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by LoudAmerican View Post
    Can't speak of the USSR but the USSR military that was in Communist Hungary were positioned there for defense and labor (as in building thing - maybe like border containment)
    The issue isn't comparable. I was talking more about the hospital turning you into the cops... which would lead to a humanitarian disaster. Sometimes people like to sound hardcore and possibly purposefully forget that as humans even illegals have some rights.



    like krickitt said
    Even places like Australia have laws on Americans moving there - you must be able to fit into their needed labor expectations.
    The situation is hardly comparable, were the richest nation on earth with a massive border to a huge population in third world conditions.


    Why should those who illegally enter our country be allowed the same PRIVILEGES as those who went through ALL the hassles of coming here LEGALLY.
    Once again another one that thinks they break the law for fun or a thrill or out of a lack of domestication. They cant afford or manage the legal route. Something tells me that may be hard for a person who can afford something other than a dirt floor.

    disrespect and it's time to regain respect as it was years ago
    Like when they lived here and then we made racist drug laws and deported them?

  6. #86
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    The issue isn't comparable. I was talking more about the hospital turning you into the cops... which would lead to a humanitarian disaster. Sometimes people like to sound hardcore and possibly purposefully forget that as humans even illegals have some rights.
    At a time in this nation where municipalities are going, or are broke, and can't any longer afford to maintain levels of basic services that the actual tax paying citizens of this country pay for, and hospitals are at the forefront of being driven under due to mandates to not only treat the illnesses of these illegals, but when they can't pay the system must eat it. We simply can no longer afford to turn a blind eye.

    The situation is hardly comparable, were the richest nation on earth with a massive border to a huge population in third world conditions.
    Does our status and wealth dictate that we just erase that border? Mexico's living conditions are a product of their own corruption. As a good neighbor we can teach and help them to become less corrupt and let their citizens prosper, but we can't solve Mexico's problem by allowing their citizens to break our laws.

    Once again another one that thinks they break the law for fun or a thrill or out of a lack of domestication. They cant afford or manage the legal route. Something tells me that may be hard for a person who can afford something other than a dirt floor.
    Again, just because Mexico can't get their **** together, doesn't mean we are responsible.

    Like when they lived here and then we made racist drug laws and deported them?

    Oh brother....Come on now...

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #87
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    The issue isn't comparable. I was talking more about the hospital turning you into the cops... which would lead to a humanitarian disaster. Sometimes people like to sound hardcore and possibly purposefully forget that as humans even illegals have some rights.
    Yes they are human. Whats your point? Nothing saying that a hospital can't treat an illegal. They can still treat them and report them to the cops.

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    The situation is hardly comparable, were the richest nation on earth with a massive border to a huge population in third world conditions.
    Just becase we may be the "richest nation on Earth" does not mean that we are obligated to allow illegals to stay in our country.

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Once again another one that thinks they break the law for fun or a thrill or out of a lack of domestication. They cant afford or manage the legal route. Something tells me that may be hard for a person who can afford something other than a dirt floor.
    For the last 6-7 months me and my wife put what ever change we got ahold of into a jar to save up for a very rare vacation outing. (first ever actually) My wife is currently counting it now but I would estimate that we have saved over $800. Are you saying that illegals can't save up loose change and use it to come here legally?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Like when they lived here and then we made racist drug laws and deported them?
    Wait..."racist" drug laws? WTH has drug laws got to do with race? I think that you seriously need to look up the definition of racist because you certainly are using it idiotically. After you do that how about you explain to me how is it that we deported them due to drug laws. Not sure how drug laws equals getting deported.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #88
    User LoudAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    RDU NC
    Last Seen
    08-11-11 @ 10:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    46

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Because the Democratic voting block needs support from this ethnic minority to stay in political office in both state and federal elections. The truth of it is, there are more legal minorities who will stick up for their former countrymen who are here illegally to stay, than not. Therefore, the political party that throws in behind the illegals in support of some type of program or amnesty will gain votes from said minority.
    I think everyone has known that - BUT what about the reason the legal non Hispanic left is allowing this invasion to continue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    A secondary effect is those unskilled illegals become a proxy slave class doing the hard labor work others do not want to do.
    Imagine if there had never been a government funded free money welfare system for healthy people ... they would be working in the fields and other labor jobs instead of trying to keep their Section 8 housing rent nice and low with illegal revenue (prostitution, drug dealing, theft, mugging, and other activities which gangs have taken control of)

    In reality - we have been officially invaded
    My family and I went to the beach on July second - could not find a table or grill
    We went to the beach on July third - got up extra early to be at the gate before it opened ... one of the swimming areas on the lake was so loaded that there had to be at least a 1/2 mile of cars lined up 30 minutes before gate was to open.

    This lake has about 1/2 dozen swimming areas and as we pasted several more popular ones - there were very few autos which had what looked like possibly (still dark haired for the most part) white people

    When we got our table and grill ... I barely got the chicken off and someone wanted to use it ... so - sure - go ahead!

    we ate and were letting our food settle for a few minutes before we busted out the watermelon ... people moved on to our table.
    Our stuff was on it and my foot was kicked up on the bench and they piled on and started to eat like they had been there all those hours earlier to secure a spot.

    ... the beach we were at had 3 black kids, a white couple with what looked like a racially mixed grand daughter and the 3 of us who were not Hispanic.

    .... and this part of NC is not agricultural for the most part.

    see in the photo ... the bench in lower right and the camouflage cooler right there - that is the bench my foot was on.

    I am not a racist - have had many Hispanic friends and girlfriends who were

    fact be told - I am genetically similar ... they are Spanish/Indian mix and I am Italian/Indian/other mix
    I am the first one to be born in the USA of the first generation. I am currently the OLDEST of my family in this country and married a woman who came here to the states from Hungary when it was communist.

    Just to clarify - my attitude is not immigrant resentment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #89
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-21-11 @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshabar View Post
    I'm really curious to see if Republicans do any better. The border has been unsecured for at least thirty years under both Democrats and Republicans. I used to think it was because Republicans were giving their supporters cheap labor and Democrats were building their base.

    I now believe the border is unsecured because the world banking cartel is getting us ready to more seamlessly blend into the new world order. They think they've dumbed enough of us down and now they need to dilute the independent minded population with more tractable and obedient inhabitants.
    Well the boarder w/ Mexico is so huge and so long, unless you got a standing army of a few million men lined up and stay there for 24hrs/day, it's not going to be secure, ever. No country not US or Mexico will spent that much man power to secure the border that way. It's undoable. Besides the steady need for job drives the Mexicans across the boarder. The steady need for drugs in US also drives the cartel to cross the boarder. I think if these two factors are out then there won't be anymore impetus to cross the border. But these are extremely powerful forces - drugs and jobs, who can stop it? how? is this even possible?

  10. #90
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,582

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by jding View Post
    Well the boarder w/ Mexico is so huge and so long, unless you got a standing army of a few million men lined up and stay there for 24hrs/day, it's not going to be secure, ever. No country not US or Mexico will spent that much man power to secure the border that way. It's undoable. Besides the steady need for job drives the Mexicans across the boarder. The steady need for drugs in US also drives the cartel to cross the boarder. I think if these two factors are out then there won't be anymore impetus to cross the border. But these are extremely powerful forces - drugs and jobs, who can stop it? how? is this even possible?
    It is probably not possible to stop it altogether. We have millions of people living in third world poverty just across the border. We have a huge appetite for illegal drugs in this country. As long as those conditions prevail, there will be a problem

    We can mitigate the problem by enforcing the law against hiring illegal immigrants, making it easier to come here legally from Mexico and Central America, allowing schools, hospitals, and other government supported entities to at least inquire about legal status, and reforming our absurd drug laws.

    But, alas, that relies on fact, logic, practicality, and facing reality, so the odds of our government actually taking any such action is pretty remote.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •