Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 105

Thread: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

  1. #71
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    Well I have a problem with federal laws that restrict the States in doing nothing more than enforcing the federal law that the Feds admit they don't have the resources to enforce.
    How about the feds take the lead and train/certify State LE? It would help your resource numbers.
    That is the goal. But the locals want to take it out of the hands of ICE and do it themselves, without training. That's why you hear ACLU screaming and crying about racial profiling, because some of these cops don't know how to check for illegal aliens other than by seeing if they have dark skin or not. I tried to get the link for you off the official ICE website, but it was 404, typical...

    Here is title 8 of us code, that's immigration laws. If the link doesn't take you to it specifically, you're looking for subsection G. You will see that exactly what you are suggesting is already codified into law, but locals are overstepping their boundaries and violating this provision.
    United States Code: Title 8,1357. Powers of immigration officers and employees | LII / Legal Information Institute
    Last edited by Gargantuan; 06-29-11 at 03:18 PM.

  2. #72
    Student krickitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battleground AZ
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    188

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Permanent Nat Guard on the border. Thousands of them. With the power to enforce, not in "desk jobs" like they are now. Let the states enforce the laws, if they choose to. If not-- no whining about the end result. NO enrolling kids in school without the SAME EXACT DOCS that American kids need to enroll. Check ID in the hospital-- turn them over to BP after treatment.
    NO welfare for anchor babies with illegal parents. NO Dream Act. NO in-state tuition. NO loans for college from MALDEF-- which is racist by the fact that only their select can get their $$$$. Back in line, people. Behind the ones waiting patiently. PLUS-- I am all for a rule on immigration that they must be able to support themselves if they come here, no welfare. I could go on, but will stop for now.
    Don't like what I say?? Come live in AZ for a year. I challenge people to come tour our schools, hospitals, prisons, jails..
    I've never been able to understand why a Republican contributor is a 'fat cat' and a Democratic contributor of the same amount of money is a 'public-spirited philanthropist'.
    Ronald Reagan

  3. #73
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,214

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by Gargantuan View Post
    That is the goal. But the locals want to take it out of the hands of ICE and do it themselves, without training. That's why you hear ACLU screaming and crying about racial profiling, because some of these cops don't know how to check for illegal aliens other than by seeing if they have dark skin or not. I tried to get the link for you off the official ICE website, but it was 404, typical...

    Here is title 8 of us code, that's immigration laws. If the link doesn't take you to it specifically, you're looking for subsection G. You will see that exactly what you are suggesting is already codified into law, but locals are overstepping their boundaries and violating this provision.
    United States Code: Title 8,1357. Powers of immigration officers and employees | LII / Legal Information Institute
    I have read much of the code. I have suggested that maybe the code needs to be modified. The oversight my ICE or having ICE supervise actions is not needed once trained. I agree the job is beyond the current resources of ICE or BP. It is time to look outside the box and come up with a better solution. Borders States especially are not going to wait much longer.

    Also, IMO our local LE have training in racial profiling, etc. in order to carry out their current obligation. ACLU, et.al are just placating to the illegal aliens. As far as SB1070, the way it is written a person would have to have done something to cause the LE Officer to contact him/her, and then also provide reasonalble suspicition that they are in the country illegally.
    Last edited by mike2810; 06-29-11 at 05:20 PM.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by krickitt View Post
    Permanent Nat Guard on the border. Thousands of them. With the power to enforce, not in "desk jobs" like they are now. Let the states enforce the laws, if they choose to. If not-- no whining about the end result. NO enrolling kids in school without the SAME EXACT DOCS that American kids need to enroll. Check ID in the hospital-- turn them over to BP after treatment.
    Sounds EXACTLY like ... the soviet union.

    PLUS-- I am all for a rule on immigration that they must be able to support themselves if they come here, no welfare. I could go on, but will stop for now.
    Clarify, Legal or illegals?

  5. #75
    Student krickitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Battleground AZ
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    188

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Clarify??
    Why would we let anyone in this country that will be on welfare? We already have refugees to support. Are we now to voluntarily take in people from anywhere in the world that enter through Mexico as refugees?? REALLY?? Can we afford that? REALLY?
    I've never been able to understand why a Republican contributor is a 'fat cat' and a Democratic contributor of the same amount of money is a 'public-spirited philanthropist'.
    Ronald Reagan

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    07-06-11 @ 10:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    232

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Methinks the judge has some latino pussy like schwarzenegger. He'll never give that up.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    01-14-18 @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,013

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Feather View Post
    Methinks the judge has some latino pussy like schwarzenegger. He'll never give that up.
    Schwartznegger is a Latino? Really?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #78
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,705

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Sounds EXACTLY like ... the soviet union.
    Where? In Blotto world?

    Clarify, Legal or illegals?
    Legal = In the country legally

    Illegal = In the country illegally.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #79
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    01-14-18 @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,013

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Where? In Blotto world?



    Legal = In the country legally

    Illegal = In the country illegally.

    j-mac

    Exactly. It's an important distinction. A legal immigrant is llike a guest in your house. An illegal is like someone who just snuck through the window.

    Most of us would rather not having people sneaking into our houses through the windows.

    Yet we read stories of "immigrants" that really are about illegals. It must infuriate the legal immigrants to be lumped in with the people who just snuck in. I know it would me if I were an immigrant.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #80
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,705

    Re: Federal judge blocks Georgia immigration law

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Exactly. It's an important distinction. A legal immigrant is llike a guest in your house. An illegal is like someone who just snuck through the window.

    Most of us would rather not having people sneaking into our houses through the windows.

    Yet we read stories of "immigrants" that really are about illegals. It must infuriate the legal immigrants to be lumped in with the people who just snuck in. I know it would me if I were an immigrant.
    Absolutely! since moving to SC there is a large population of immigrants here, both legal, and illegal. The family up the street from where I rent are very nice people, with a hell of a story in getting here. The Father runs a profitable remodeling business, and one of the sons has a restraunt not far away with absolutely great food.

    To hear them talk, believe me they are in favor of tougher measures than most natural born Americans would be.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •