Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: N Korean children begging, army starving

  1. #21
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: N Korean children begging, army starving

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Oh man calling for a reasoned analysis based on empirical information is totally being an apologist for dictatorship, you totally caught me dude!

    Maybe you're right maybe I should just make meaningless posts about how Kim Jung Il is "bat**** insane" and deserves to be invaded, right?
    reasoned? lmfao.

    all you do is ask that we ignore mounting evidence of how bad it is there. no reasoning is present in your posts

  2. #22
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: N Korean children begging, army starving

    all you do is ask that we ignore mounting evidence of how bad it is there. no reasoning is present in your posts
    What evidence? Where is this evidence posted in this thread? Please point me to this evidence.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  3. #23
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: N Korean children begging, army starving

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    What evidence? Where is this evidence posted in this thread? Please point me to this evidence.
    undercover reporting of what happens behind the curtain is evidence.

    I'm done wasting my time on apologists such as yourself.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: N Korean children begging, army starving

    undercover reporting of what happens behind the curtain is evidence.
    A video proves nothing aside from what is contained in it, and even then one must take it with a grain of salt given the unknowns. I could go into the ghetto of any major city in the US, make a video of it and be like "look how run down the US is!" It proves nothing. North Korea has a population of 25 million people. A video interacting with a dozen isn't ever going to be reflective of anything larger than itself, especially ridiculously abstracting out to make assumptions about the entire country.

    And as anyone that is levelheaded and has read my posts on the country knows, I'm not saying the claims made are wrong. I haven't even addressed the claims. I'm saying that one cannot make claims and then not back them up, or back them up with something as subjective and relatively meaningless as this.

    I'm done wasting my time on apologists such as yourself.
    Name calling sure makes your point more valid!
    Last edited by Khayembii Communique; 06-28-11 at 02:40 PM.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  5. #25
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: N Korean children begging, army starving

    let's look to china in a couple of ways

    under mao, it experienced a 'cultural revolution' which brought widespread death (focused on the best educated) and severe food shortages
    that brought about general disillusionment with the party leadership and the system itself
    which opened the door for a different approach. one applying the forces of capitalism, enabling china to emerge as the world's dominant superpower within decades

    having experienced such misguided governance, one would hope that china would now exercise a greater influence in overturning the wrongheaded forces which now govern nk
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: N Korean children begging, army starving

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    undercover reporting of what happens behind the curtain is evidence.
    More importantly, the evidence is consistent with reports coming out of North Korea in the past year. Some news stories during that timeframe:

    North Koreans fear the country is on the verge of a new famine - Times Online
    Handling the Next North Korean Famine | Human Rights Watch
    Asia Times Online :: Korea News and Korean Business and Economy, Pyongyang News
    North Korea famine feared; China boosts border security
    Local News | North Korea faces famine, aid groups say | Seattle Times Newspaper

    The consistency of the evidence makes for a compelling argument that North Korea may either be heading into another famine or already in the midst of such a famine. Exact details will likely not be known for some time given the opaque nature of North Korea's communist regime and its adherence to "Juche" (self-reliance).

  7. #27
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: N Korean children begging, army starving

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    "He doesn't blindly accept a video as truth (though he didn't disagree either), he must think that North Korea is a paradise."

    Solid logic!
    I think it's more based on every single thing you post every day...but whatever you think, sir.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  8. #28
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: N Korean children begging, army starving

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Videos and photos are terrible substitutes for a real analysis based on real statistics, especially when paired with terrible editorials like this.
    There are plenty of other articles out there on the web, real testimony from defectors... I think the biggest sign this video is telling us the truth:



    See the Korean Peninsula? See the BRIGHT area? That's South Korea. See the dark band with just a few lights? That's North Korea. Pyong-yang is lit up, and a few gulags have lights.

    Keep up the work comrade, you make us all giggle with your apologist ways.
    Last edited by Renae; 06-28-11 at 03:28 PM.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #29
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: N Korean children begging, army starving

    This night time satellite photo tells me all I need to know about North Korea and the people's problems there:

    kdark.jpg

    South Korea looks like any modern country anywhere in the world. North Korea could be a desert. The people and government are too poor to turn on any lights at night.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #30
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: N Korean children begging, army starving

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Sanctions never seem to work. If change is going to happen, the people must revolt.
    There's the rub - the people are too weak, starving in fact, so they are more concerned with finding food for the next 24 hours and less concerned about the next 24 days. They cannot revolt, they just don't have the strength.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •