Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 190

Thread: No 'him' or 'her'; preschool fights gender bias

  1. #141
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: No 'him' or 'her'; preschool fights gender bias

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    As I said:
    Your argument is based on a false premise and therefore cannot do anything other than fail.
    Nothing you have posted here does anything to change that.
    Weak evasion. What false premise? Make an assertion, don't offer some vague and pretentious bull**** while running away.

    You have not shown any premise of mine is false. Your premise that gender roles are completely explainable with evolution is just absurd. There is not one serious student of this that would even entertain this ridiculous claim.

  2. #142
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: No 'him' or 'her'; preschool fights gender bias

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Gender is biological. Gender roles are learned.
    No, sex is biological. Gender is mental.

  3. #143
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: No 'him' or 'her'; preschool fights gender bias

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and many would argue that point. they would say that just because you have a penis, doesn't mean you are male....unless you "feel" male.
    Yes, they would be arguing that gender roles are different than gender, which is the point. They would not be arguing that gender does not exist as you claimed.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: No 'him' or 'her'; preschool fights gender bias

    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    Weak evasion. What false premise?
    You arent payng attention; I have only said this several times...
    Gender roles were in place long before there was any concept of 'legal recognition'.
    Thus, any argument trying to relate the genesis of gender roles to 'legal recognition' must fail.

    Make an assertion, don't offer some vague and pretentious bull**** while running away.
    Don't flatter yourself, as you are only barely amusing enough to spend as much time as I have on you.

    You have not shown any premise of mine is false.
    I have, you just havent been paying attention.

    Your premise that gender roles are completely explainable with evolution is just absurd.
    Hardly. Gender roles developed over tens of hundreds of thousands of years, and are all on the natural differences between men and women.
    Men did x because they were suited to it. Women did y because they were suited to it. All of this happened before there was any concept of civilization, and, across the whole of humanity, have not significantly changed. Thus, it is impossible to argue that civilization had any appreciable effect on these roles.

    There is not one serious student of this that would even entertain this ridiculous claim.
    That only means they, too, don't understand the issue.

  5. #145
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: No 'him' or 'her'; preschool fights gender bias

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    You arent payng attention; I have only said this several times...
    Gender roles were in place long before there was any concept of 'legal recognition'.
    Thus, any argument trying to relate the genesis of gender roles to 'legal recognition' must fail.
    I have not been making any such argument. I argued that legal traditions and culture have influenced CURRENT gender roles. You have little ability to tell us what gender roles existed before law since we don't have any sources. We can't really know where gender roles first diverged from gender and so your claim on the GENSIS of gender roles absurd anyway.

    Don't flatter yourself, as you are only barely amusing enough to spend as much time as I have on you.
    You have offered nothing of value to the discussion, so please feel free to find some better use for your time.

    I have, you just havent been paying attention.
    BS! Apparently, you are arguing some stupid point that I never made.

    Hardly. Gender roles developed over tens of hundreds of thousands of years, and are all on the natural differences between men and women.
    Men did x because they were suited to it. Women did y because they were suited to it. All of this happened before there was any concept of civilization, and, across the whole of humanity, have not significantly changed. Thus, it is impossible to argue that civilization had any appreciable effect on these roles.
    WTF are you talking about? Gender roles vary widley across culture. For instance, in Russia medicine developed as a domain of women while in Europe it is dominated by males. Other jobs have changed gender distincitions within the same culture over time. Evolutionary psychgology is still rather controversial but you are arguing something no one has.

  6. #146
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: No 'him' or 'her'; preschool fights gender bias

    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    Yes, they would be arguing that gender roles are different than gender, which is the point. They would not be arguing that gender does not exist as you claimed.
    wrongo, boyo. they argue that gender is immaterial. if a person with a penis can claim to be a woman and a person with a vagina can be considered a man, gender is meaningless and therefore does not exist.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: No 'him' or 'her'; preschool fights gender bias

    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    You have offered nothing of value to the discussion, so please feel free to find some better use for your time.
    Sigh. You have my pity.

  8. #148
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: No 'him' or 'her'; preschool fights gender bias

    You have little ability to tell us what gender roles existed before law since we don't have any sources.
    Women can breastfeed. This means it was best they stay near the shelter with the baby. This developed into the woman being responsible for the kitchen, garden and other household responsibilities. Gender roles for children were based on their abilities and for elders upon physical limitations and wisdom.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 06-28-11 at 04:49 PM.

  9. #149
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: No 'him' or 'her'; preschool fights gender bias

    Quote Originally Posted by PzKfW IVe View Post
    That only means they, too, don't understand the issue.
    No it means they do not have their head firmly planted in their anus like you do. There is not one person that believes that evolution can explain all of culture and gender roles. There are just now, SOME that argue that evolutionary processes provide insight into culture and psychology. That alone is still rather controversial.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-16-11 @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: No 'him' or 'her'; preschool fights gender bias

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Women can breastfeed. This means it was best they stay near the shelter with the baby. This developed into the woman being responsible for the kitchen, garden and other household responsibilities.
    Bazinga.
    x2.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •