Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 309

Thread: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

  1. #21
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    I don't think the country's going to rise or fall based on whether or not gays get married.

  2. #22
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    WTG NY!

    Your argument is ridiculous. Animals and children are not capable of consenting to a marriage contract.
    That's because u haven't seen my little monkey....he's very smart. We might.get married soon.

  3. #23
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    I don't think the country's going to rise or fall based on whether or not gays get married.
    but but but, sodom and gomorrah!
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #24
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by 305rob305 View Post
    That's because u haven't seen my little monkey....he's very smart. We might.get married soon.
    You must be Dave Chappelle!

    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  5. #25
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,301
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Moderator's Warning:
    New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay MarriageOK, settle it down a little bit
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #26
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Good News!!

    *Now if they can do something about their horrid smoking laws>?!. hah*
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    I started a thread in sex and sexuality about the documentary "For the Bible Tells Me So." Whether you support or oppose the LGBT community, you need to see this movie.

  8. #28
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by toddwv View Post
    Why is it always the conservatives who seem to be so obsessed about marrying animals? Personally, I've never felt attracted to livestock...
    Miss Piggy is not gonna be happy about this
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  9. #29
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AntePavelic View Post
    I have been reading these forums for quite some time now... But on this issue I must finally say something, being from NYC. Gay Marriage was bound to pass in NY, that was known, but the exemptions for religious/moral groups to openly refuse gays not only from have ceremonies performed BUT from using their facilities is quite powerful. New York State led the way for sure tonight... these groups can openly and LEGALLY refuse gays
    No need for a compromise. Any attempt to force a church to perform a ceremony would clearly be a violation of the first amendment.

  10. #30
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,301
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    No need for a compromise. Any attempt to force a church to perform a ceremony would clearly be a violation of the first amendment.
    This is correct.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •