Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 309

Thread: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

  1. #281
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I know several Roman Catholics who do not have a problem with legal same sex marriage, as long as they do not have to allow them to get married in their church. Many Roman Catholics can see the difference between legal marriage and the religious institution of marriage.

    My mother's family is Roman Catholic. All of my mother's immediate family is quite fine with gays getting married. In fact, they would much rather have a gay person legally marry someone they are in love with rather than someone of the opposite sex, that they are likely to cause a broken home from the lying to either theirself, their spouse, or both about their attractions.
    Rge Catholic Church is strongly against gay marriage.....If you are a Catholic and believe in gay marriage you can be refused holy communion or maybe even ex communicated..............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #282
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do you judge people so much by what they are, instead of who they are. Gays, Roman Catholics...
    God will be the judge not me...A couple of weeks ago at mass on Sunday we had a priest give a homily on gay marriage and he made it very clear where the church stands on the issue.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #283
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Rge Catholic Church is strongly against gay marriage.....If you are a Catholic and believe in gay marriage you can be refused holy communion or maybe even ex communicated..............
    which is exactly why i am no longer a catholic. once they started telling us how to vote, i realized how strong they are with the suck.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #284
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    God will be the judge not me...A couple of weeks ago at mass on Sunday we had a priest give a homily on gay marriage and he made it very clear where the church stands on the issue.
    yes, god will be the judge. not the priests or the pope. ex-communicating a catholic is ABSOLUTELY no different than shunning for the cult jehovah witnesses.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #285
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That would be a religious ruling, a piece of theocracy, not a rule by the rights and liberties of the individual which is their charge. If the courts cannot do as they are demanded they do, then they should be removed.
    SCOTUS Judges can not be removed..........They serve for life.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #286
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    which is exactly why i am no longer a catholic. once they started telling us how to vote, i realized how strong they are with the suck.
    That is fine.....You will be judged for your actions or sins on judgment day.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #287
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    That is fine.....You will be judged for your actions or sins on judgment day.....
    i'm curious.......do you believe non catholics can go to heaven?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #288
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    yes, god will be the judge. not the priests or the pope. ex-communicating a catholic is ABSOLUTELY no different than shunning for the cult jehovah witnesses.
    The priests or the pope don't judge........They just put forth church policy........a person can not pick and chose on those policies what they agree with...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #289
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i'm curious.......do you believe non catholics can go to heaven?

    Not relevent to the issue...............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #290
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    SCOTUS Judges can not be removed..........They serve for life.........
    Actually at least one has gotten removed before.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •