Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 309

Thread: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

  1. #101
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And your unsupported claims are just that, unsupported.
    your claims are also unsupported. it is people speculating about the future in a way they can't possible support.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    your claims are also unsupported. it is people speculating about the future in a way they can't possible support.

    whatever floats your boat. plonk.

  3. #103
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    whatever floats your boat. plonk.
    back at you.

    the question was how this effects non homosexuals. I explained how it does.

    a study about what happens in the next 10 years doesn't effect me however, so at least from my own perspective, your supporting evidence is a straw man.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    the question was how this effects non homosexuals. I explained how it does.
    I now live in a state that allows gay marriage. Please, explain to me how my life will be negatively impacted by this.

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    back at you.

    the question was how this effects non homosexuals. I explained how it does.

    a study about what happens in the next 10 years doesn't effect me however, so at least from my own perspective, your supporting evidence is a straw man.

    You made an unsubstantiated projection into the future, that's all.

    And so far researched educated projections have disagreed with you.
    Last edited by winston53660; 06-25-11 at 04:35 PM.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Question: why should religious instititions and religious affiliatted groups and non-profits, be able to discriminate against gays, but not everybody else?

    what if a regular band doesn't want to play at a gay-wedding?

    what if a regular wedding hall doesn't want to host a gay wedding?

    what if a private employer doesn't want to give pension and other beneficiary rights to gay couples?

    why should religious groups have the right to live by their moral views, but not other folks?

    (devil's advocate asks: should a wedding hall be allowed to refuse to serve an inter-racial wedding? hmmmm.....this is gonna bring up some serious issues of freedom of speech and association)
    Last edited by Thunder; 06-25-11 at 04:54 PM.

  7. #107
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You made an unsubstantiated projection into the future, that's all.

    And so far researched educated projections have disagreed with you.
    but it didn't disagree with me. I don't really worry about the increased cost outlays in the next 10 years. When I mentioned how this effect us, I was focused on a longer window of time then 10 years. So now that I addressed the reason that study has no bearings on my concern, we can move on.

  8. #108
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I now live in a state that allows gay marriage. Please, explain to me how my life will be negatively impacted by this.
    I already stated the two things it effects. whether it negatively impacts you, entirely depends on your core beliefs.

  9. #109
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    individuals that can't discriminate based on their core beliefs is a loss of a right - merely one not currently recognized by the courts.
    Yes, discrimination needs to be a constitutional right. We need to lynch blacks who want to vote, restore separate but equal, force women to stay at home, barefoot and pregnant, and more importantly, not voting, throw all the mentally handicapped into institutions, like we did in the 1800's, ban marriages between different races, deport all the Jews, send all the blacks back to Africa, and execute all teenage loose women. Yes, you are right, and I see the logic of it all.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #110
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: New York to Become the Sixth State to Legalize Gay Marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Yes, discrimination needs to be a constitutional right. We need to lynch blacks who want to vote, restore separate but equal, force women to stay at home, barefoot and pregnant, and more importantly, not voting, throw all the mentally handicapped into institutions, like we did in the 1800's, ban marriages between different races, deport all the Jews, send all the blacks back to Africa, and execute all teenage loose women. Yes, you are right, and I see the logic of it all.
    the so called ex conservative with his appeals based on emotion.

    things such as who you hire, who you work for, who you buy a car from, who you have dinner with - all come with various types of discrimination.

    when government forces you to stop discriminating based on your core beliefs, it is a loss of a right. this is true regardless of where you fall on the class warfare divide that you so eagerly embrace.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •