Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 246

Thread: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

  1. #201
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    On the subject of driving stoned and seeing a guy in a 18-wheeler driving stoned, my dad was a truck driver and honestly most of them are ****ing assholes that don't follow the rules of how long they can drive, there is a reason there is all kinds of speed like products in every TA station, and honestly I think pissing in a bottle and dodging weigh stations is a lot worse in a lot of people's minds than a guy that thinks he owns the road slowing it down a bit. With that said, I thought about this and I think the same rules would apply that apply to beer. The only difference is you would get a cotton swab test and not any kind of breathalyzer or the cop would have to use their best judgement.

    Me personally I drive just fine high if nothing else maybe a little like a grandma, anyone else I know has had a similar experience.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  2. #202
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    I am not a doctor, so I do not know. I do know there is a reaction between certain receptors in the brain and THC. Considering there is blood flow to and within the brain, I am inferring that yes THC passes through the blood brain barrier.

    The whole weak and strong acid concept is best understood if you were taking AP Chemistry. I know I am going to get flake for this (it is just because they are dumb) but every single reaction goes to equilibrium. Some reactions are more one sided than others. So a strong acid completely reacts with what it touches. So if you took a strong acid and poured it on cardboard, the acid would react with the cardboard and there would be a hole where the acid was poured. A weak acid isn't so one sided. The reaction is more reserved, but there is till a reaction. So if you were to pour a weak acid onto cardboard, you would probably see some bubbles, and that is about it. What is important to note, is there is bubbles. Which means there is a reaction. This analogy can be placed with THC and the brain. There is a reaction, but it is very subtle, to the point that you could smoke pot daily for lets say 10 years and you would see very minimal effects. But if you were to keep smoking, decade after decade, you would probably see in the MRI or CAT scan a brain that has been eaten up so to speak. Eaten up by THC.

  3. #203
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,958
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by sookster View Post
    I am not a doctor, so I do not know. I do know there is a reaction between certain receptors in the brain and THC. Considering there is blood flow to and within the brain, I am inferring that yes THC passes through the blood brain barrier.
    For many drugs, it's their metabolites that actually enter the brain, not the drugs themselves.
    It seems significant if thc does.

    Quote Originally Posted by sookster View Post
    The ... by THC.
    The body is full of a lot of complex chemistry and adjusting systems. That's why we look at what drugs actually do in a body rather than being satisfied with what we think they will do.

    Is there any more reliable evidence of pot gradually dissolving people's neurons than some anecdotes about burn outs and theories about acids and brains? Has anyone found any actual evidence of this process? Or is it more theoretical at this point?
    I may be wrong.

  4. #204
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    I don't think that has EVER been observed in ANYONE. Marijuana alone has yet to kill anyone and eating up a brain sounds a lot like death to me. The only negative effects are observed in daily smokers for extended periods of time.

  5. #205
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by sookster View Post
    Some brains, as I know one personally, smoke pot their entire lives. THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, is a weak acid. That basically means there is small disassociation when the THC reacts with the neurons. This is another reason why pot is dangerous as this man is a testimony to. He smoke pot daily since the 60's, and I can tell you personally he is a burn out now. He can barely keep a conversation. That is because even though THC reacts just a little tiny bit with the neurons, there is still a reaction. So over the years, his neurons has steadily deteriorated.
    You know a 70 year old that is slipping mentally and that proves pot does what?

  6. #206
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,958
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    You know a 70 year old that is slipping mentally and that proves pot does what?
    He prob'ly has a bunch of glutamic acid rolling around between his neurons.
    Last edited by Simon W. Moon; 06-28-11 at 01:33 AM.
    I may be wrong.

  7. #207
    User CarlF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    07-31-11 @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    125

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Ron Paul doesn't stand a snowball's chance in a blast furnace of getting elected anyway.
    True, the chances are pretty minuscule, but he's certainly not the least recognized candidate currently in the republican race, and if for some bizarre reason Romney were to drop out and that 20% or so of the vote got distributed around the other candidates you never know, he's in third place in this poll once you discount Palin and Huckabee. Then it would just be up to the general election, still guessing he'd loose there though.

  8. #208
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    My point was always clear. Legalization will lead to lots of money being made in a booming and emerging market and the only real concern is that it might become a bubble.
    and again, this is the dumbest concern ever "Semi articulated" in relation to drug wars.

    the Fed is going to be the catalyst for many, many bubbles. To even bring forth the argument that Fed actions should give one pause in expanding on individual liberties is asinine.

    Some legitimate concerns are things like the lack of individual responsibility in our current nanny state and how drug use prays on this lack of responsibility. Your concerns are things to laugh at.


    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    Just to make the point that you continue to evade. Who is wealthier, the Busch (substitute Coors or any of the dozens of others) family or the Capone's? You don't seem to be able to understand that income does not equal wealth.
    oh for the love of all that is good.

    They were both extremely wealthy, yet you claim the black market destroys wealth.

    way to move those goal posts!

  9. #209
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Chemical equilibrium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Discovery Health "Marijuana and the Brain"

    Proof that when THC mimics a neurotransmitter, a chemical equilibrium is established, and over decades of use will result into the deterioration of the brain.

  10. #210
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    and again, this is the dumbest concern ever "Semi articulated" in relation to drug wars.

    the Fed is going to be the catalyst for many, many bubbles. To even bring forth the argument that Fed actions should give one pause in expanding on individual liberties is asinine.
    I said nothing about pausing anything. You are putting words in my mouth.

    Some legitimate concerns are things like the lack of individual responsibility in our current nanny state and how drug use prays on this lack of responsibility. Your concerns are things to laugh at.
    huh? Tell us about how this drug use leads to prayer? Or do you mean that prey which would seem to imply you think drugs are animate and actively seek out their users? My concern was certainly meant to be tongue in cheek but yours are amusing for other reasons.


    oh for the love of all that is good.

    They were both extremely wealthy, yet you claim the black market destroys wealth.

    way to move those goal posts!
    The Capones have no great family wealth. Like I said, you do not seem to be able to differentiate between income and wealth. It is easy come easy go in the black market. Though, a few may seem to grow rich they fail to ever build any lasting wealth due to the ultraviolence of black markets.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •