Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 246

Thread: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

  1. #171
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I find your attitude alarming to be perfectly honest.

    this type of view actually makes me think twice about decriminalization.
    It's a fact. Study's show that driver's compensate when they are impaired. Marijuana users are much better at compensating than an alcohol user and much more aware of their impairment. Some studies have shown that people actually drive better when high due to this compensation.
    Last edited by BayToBay; 06-27-11 at 09:22 PM.

  2. #172
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    If the reflexes are impaired, it doesn't really matter because you can see, hear, touch, and taste much better. Honestly, when I was stoned I almost got in wrecks because it was either a woman texting on her cell phone, or some asshole dude projecting his dominance with his car. In either circumstance, I was the safest, and the people who were sober were actually the most dangerous.

  3. #173
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    I don't know wtf you are talking about, but I know what a bubble is. Legalization of marijuana would lead to massive fortunes being made overnight. The Feds loose money policies foster malinvestment and that creates bubbles in new and growing markets.
    there are so many flaws with what you wrote, I don't know where to begin.

    a ton of money is already being made. legalizing pot will not have the impact on earnings that you think it will have.

    in fact, logic says that less money will be made. criminalization puts an artificial price hike on all goods and services surrounding illicit trade.

    so right off the bat, your premise is comically wrong. the change will be in who is making the money, it won't create wealth overnight as you claimed.

  4. #174
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Ron Paul doesn't stand a snowball's chance in a blast furnace of getting elected anyway.
    he is already elected, making this post hilarious in its ignorance.

  5. #175
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    there are so many flaws with what you wrote, I don't know where to begin.
    You might as well quit since I doubt you have the capacity to teach me anything about economics.

    a ton of money is already being made. legalizing pot will not have the impact on earnings that you think it will have.
    You apparently don't even understand how or why free markets work.

    A ton of money is being spent on evading and fighting police and the competition. Black markets do not lead to growth or prosperity because too many resources are spent on violence and resisting violence. There is no respect for life or property in a black market and so it leads to death and destruction, not wealth. A market needs to be free of force for it to grow.

    in fact, logic says that less money will be made. criminalization puts an artificial price hike on all goods and services surrounding illicit trade.

    so right off the bat, your premise is comically wrong. the change will be in who is making the money, it won't create wealth overnight as you claimed.
    You are clearly an idiot. If the illegal drug trade is actually effective in creating wealth then why aren't those areas where the trade is high prosperous centers of trade?
    Last edited by BayToBay; 06-27-11 at 10:08 PM.

  6. #176
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    You might as well quit since I doubt you have the capacity to teach me anything about economics.



    You apparently don't even understand how or why free markets work.

    A ton of money is being spent on evading and fighting police and the competition. Black markets do not lead to growth or prosperity because too many resources are spent on violence and resiting violence. There is no respect for life or property in a black market and so it leads to death and destruction, not wealth. A market needs to be free of force for it to grow.



    You are clearly an idiot. If the illegal drug trade is actually effective in creating wealth then why aren't those areas where the trade is high prosperous centers of trade?

    haha. worse reply ever.


    look kid. you claim a bubble will form, when the fact is a bubble exists because of the black market. decriminalization will burst the bubble, not create one.

    everything you wrote is wrong. take this:

    A ton of money is being spent on evading and fighting police and the competition.
    no ****. we go into debt spending money we don't have on this. that is part of the bubble genius. all kinds of bubbles exist - in this case we artificially raise the cost of law enforcement, creating a bubble there. a bubble exists in the cost of growing weed. a bubble exists in the cost of transporting it. most of the trucking world bases costs on weight, shelf life, etc, but in this case we have a transportation bubble because of the high risk of getting caught

    go crack a book, I say that in the most polite manner possible.

  7. #177
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    haha. worse reply ever.


    look kid. you claim a bubble will form, when the fact is a bubble exists because of the black market. decriminalization will burst the bubble, not create one.

    everything you wrote is wrong. take this:
    More condescension will not cover the fact that you are clueless. If it were legal you, I and everyone else could easily invest in that market and expect a profit. Investment in the black market is limited and unstable because it is illegal. Duhhhhh. There is no bubble in the black market moron.


    no ****. we go into debt spending money we don't have on this. that is part of the bubble genius. all kinds of bubbles exist - in this case we artificially raise the cost of law enforcement, creating a bubble there. a bubble exists in the cost of growing weed. a bubble exists in the cost of transporting it. most of the trucking world bases costs on weight, shelf life, etc, but in this case we have a transportation bubble because of the high risk of getting caught

    go crack a book, I say that in the most polite manner possible.
    LOL... You have no clue what you are talking about.

  8. #178
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    AReallyConfused,

    Did you hear, the Mexican cartel is doing an IPO?

    Who do you think has the better house, Richard Lee or your run of the mill black market dealer?

  9. #179
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    What area do you think looks more prosperous, Oaksterdam or the neighborhood of the typical drug market?
    Last edited by BayToBay; 06-27-11 at 10:46 PM.

  10. #180
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    More condescension will not cover the fact that you are clueless. If it were legal you, I and everyone else could easily invest in that market and expect a profit. Investment in the black market is limited and unstable because it is illegal. Duhhhhh. There is no bubble in the black market moron.




    LOL... You have no clue what you are talking about.
    At this point you are clearly so angry and entrenched that you aren't really offering anything substantial to reply to.


    so I'll simply state some basic things we can expect:


    drug producers would not see the profits they currently see today. on the positive side for them, they could stop worrying about the fortunes they do aquire from being wiped out, but how often do you hear about farmers making fortunes?

    every part of the supply chain will make less money. those who transport it, those who peddle it, those who store it. The sacrifice in earnings will be countered by an increase in stability by again, falling within the law.

    Money spent on law enforcement could go down, but history shows that unlike private sector, government doesn't spend less money simply because they can, so I would asterisk this one.

    Given the above, the end user can expect to spend less money on it, giving them more disposable income. I'm going to throw out the stereo type that pot users on the whole are at the low end of the wage scale, so I see this as a net boon to consumer spending patterns

    As for how to eventually add up all the above, and claim a bubble will form from pot usage is something you have not articulated at all.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •