Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 246

Thread: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

  1. #151
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by sookster View Post
    The reason why this law is so maddening, is because the laws are not consistent. When I was growing up, I was forced to be a part of multiple DARE cop lectures throughout the years. The premise of the government's argument against drugs, are the fact that they are unhealthy.

    So why is alcohol and tobacco legal again? There is the inconsistency. If you want marijuana to be illegal, then be consistent and make alcohol and tobacco illegal because they are more unhealthy than marijuana. If you want alcohol and tobacco to remain legal, then there is no reason to keep marijuana illegal. Simple as that.
    Marijuana was legal at one point. When the nylon industry was fledgling, a lot of clever lobbying and propaganda pushed for the criminalization of marijuana. The issue with MJ had little, if anything, to do with the health risks of using. Sad, that.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  2. #152
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Color me not all that confident of a happy ending with yet another governmental good intention.
    this is circular reasoning. the drug war itself is government with good intentions that have gone horribly bad

  3. #153
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    There's no chance that I said that, is there any chance you could follow the conv. a little better?

    At any rate:

    The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer.
    Originally Posted by fishinRod
    and can you please provide your source that proves pot is less harmful than booze or cigarettes
    And what did you say?

    Then what did I say?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #154
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    I say legalize it. But only pot....Tell me folks, how would you feel if you passed my 18 wheeler on the highway and I was sparkin' up a big fattie? make you feel safe would it?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #155
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I say legalize it. But only pot....Tell me folks, how would you feel if you passed my 18 wheeler on the highway and I was sparkin' up a big fattie? make you feel safe would it?


    j-mac

    Why not pop a beer too?

  6. #156
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Why not pop a beer too?

    Sure....Hell, take away all laws that keep people from doing stupid things....For the record, I smoked pot as a kid, liked it well enough, but because it is illegal as I grew up like many I left it behind for a nice cold beer, or Jim Beam and Coke....I don't miss it....

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #157
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,891
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I say legalize it. But only pot....Tell me folks, how would you feel if you passed my 18 wheeler on the highway and I was sparkin' up a big fattie? make you feel safe would it?
    j-mac
    A little less unsafe than if you were sucking down whisky
    I may be wrong.

  8. #158
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I say legalize it. But only pot....Tell me folks, how would you feel if you passed my 18 wheeler on the highway and I was sparkin' up a big fattie? make you feel safe would it?


    j-mac
    you sure you didn't spark a fatty prior to posting this?

    I generally feel safer after passing anybody that is driving recklessly. now that you are behind me, and driving slower then me, why would I fear you at all? your question makes no sense.

  9. #159
    User CarlF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    07-31-11 @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    125

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Yes libertarians your hero Ron Paul isnt nuts...<smirk> Bipartisanship at its best right lol
    Your logic that two people from different political perspectives can't work together on the things they do agree on without being 'nuts' makes absolutely no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I say legalize it. But only pot....Tell me folks, how would you feel if you passed my 18 wheeler on the highway and I was sparkin' up a big fattie? make you feel safe would it?


    j-mac
    I would feel about the same as if you were drinking alcohol while driving. Why you seem to equate legalizing the possession of drugs to legalizing their use while driving is beyond me.
    Last edited by CarlF; 06-27-11 at 08:29 PM.

  10. #160
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,215

    Re: Ron Paul, Barney Frank team up to legalize marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    this is circular reasoning. the drug war itself is government with good intentions that have gone horribly bad
    By that same logic, we wouldn't have to spend so much on imprisoning murder, if murder was legal.

    My entire point, is that legalization of pot isn't going to make the whole enforcement issue go away.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •