Hayek - too liberal for republicans
.......Democrats have been repeating that for the last 40 years you know........
Waiting for the actual shortage or major international conflict as you put it.......is akin to waiting for a house fire before going out and investing in a fire extinguisher.
If not in ANWR.....Where?You also seem to think that its ok to let petrofules to be drilled from all locations regardless of risk.
12 largest oil fields in the US Field (State Cumulative Production+ Est. Reserves)
1. Prudhoe Bay, Alaska 13+ billion barrels
2. East Texas 5.1-6.0 billion barrels
3. Wilmington, California 2.8 billion barrels [or up to 3.0]
4. Midway-Sunset, California 2.8 billion barrels [or up to 3.5]
5. Kuparuk River, Alaska 2.6 billion barrels
6. Thunder Horse, Gulf of Mexico 1.5-2.0 billion barrels
7. Kern River, California 1.95 billion barrels [or up to 2.5]
8. Yates, West Texas 1.95 billion barrels
9. Belridge South, California 1.9 billion barrels
10. Wasson, West Texas 1.8 billion barrels
11. Elk Hills, California 1.5 billion barrels [or 1.3]
12. Panhandle, Texas 1.4 billion barrels
Last edited by Badmutha; 06-24-11 at 06:05 PM.
....oil prices are determined by Republican Presidents, Evil Oil Speculators, Wall Street, and Corporations........increasing the supply of oil will never decrease the price of oil........demand creates all jobs but has no effect whatsoever on oil prices.
With our current Democrat Sierra Club NO-ENERGY Policies in place.......you are partially correct. Our demand for oil will continue to grow for quite some time.......while Democrats will continue to deny any increase in supply.The contention was that American supply of oil will not have, or have a very minor affect, on global oil prices over the long term because demand is quickly out pacing the supply and will outpace known supply soon.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059592287 (Oil Crushed as IEA Releases 60M in Reserves)
With less fail next time please.
"If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu