Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: GOP poll: Tea party movement could cost Republicans in 2012 Read more: http://www.mi

  1. #11
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: GOP poll: Tea party movement could cost Republicans in 2012 Read more: http://ww

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    We heard the same **** in 2010, "The TEA PARTY WILL HURT THE GOP!"

    But the House... was basically the Tea Party's doing...


    hmmmm
    And it did lol. It was a given that the GOP would win the house, with or without the Tea Party. But in key races, the Tea Party failed horribly. Nevada, Alaska and so on... high profile Tea Party flops because of wacko candidates. The GOP had a great shot in taking BOTH houses, but failed because... of the Tea Party!
    PeteEU

  2. #12
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: GOP poll: Tea party movement could cost Republicans in 2012 Read more: http://ww

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    We heard the same **** in 2010, "The TEA PARTY WILL HURT THE GOP!"

    But the House... was basically the Tea Party's doing...

    hmmmm
    Cost them the Senate. Furthermore, they likely could have gotten the house sans Tea Party.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #13
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: GOP poll: Tea party movement could cost Republicans in 2012 Read more: http://ww

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And it did lol. It was a given that the GOP would win the house, with or without the Tea Party.
    Indeed. The question of the house was not whether they'd take it or not but their majority margin. The Senate however was always the big gamble.

    But in key races, the Tea Party failed horribly. Nevada, Alaska and so on... high profile Tea Party flops because of wacko candidates. The GOP had a great shot in taking BOTH houses, but failed because... of the Tea Party!
    I'd agree with this. Where it counted for in the Senate, the Republicans paid dearly. If they had ran a moderate in Nevada, Reid would be out of a job. Coons would not have taken Delaware. Bennet likely would have lost in Colorado. That's three right off the top of my head.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 06-24-11 at 04:04 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #14
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: GOP poll: Tea party movement could cost Republicans in 2012 Read more: http://ww

    Ive been saying this all along...that in florida they have dropped the teaparty like a hot potato....the rich and the very far right are the only ones for the teaparty

  5. #15
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: GOP poll: Tea party movement could cost Republicans in 2012 Read more: http://ww

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Republicans will cost Republicans 2012? The idea that the tea party is actually a party and separate from the republicans is idiotic. The whole tea party is nothing more than a scam to get voters to vote for republicans, because if they were actually an actual party then they would not be republicans nor would they be tea party republicans they would be just the Tea Party.


    If republicans are going to prop up McCain,ROmney or some other RINO then I want them to lose. I want them have their asses handed to them in the polls. Because every time some them democrats are evil and republicans are good twits votes for RINO they encourage the republican party to swing even further to the left.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #16
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: GOP poll: Tea party movement could cost Republicans in 2012 Read more: http://ww

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    To say the house was mostly the tea party's doing is a huge stretch. The house was mostly the doing of poor economy and the fact that the sitting president's party almost always does poorly.

    It's was too early in the election season for polls to mean much of anything, even when you would like them to be true.
    I partially agree here, but I think Pelosi did plenty to help **** the Democrats. That's one reason I can't believe they kept her as their leader. Hard to believe the Dems don't have a single person better than her. Same goes for Reid, maybe a bit less.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #17
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: GOP poll: Tea party movement could cost Republicans in 2012 Read more: http://ww

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Let's see... the country is going to hell, we have an incompetent at the helm, and The Tea party is going to swing the election in favor of Obama and the Socialists, despite Obi's pathetic record? Like they did during the midterms?

    OK. If you say so.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #18
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: GOP poll: Tea party movement could cost Republicans in 2012 Read more: http://ww

    I think that was an establishment poll from the RINOs, and the neo-cons meant to stifle the internal struggle in the GOP.
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  9. #19
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: GOP poll: Tea party movement could cost Republicans in 2012 Read more: http://ww

    At some point everyone has got to come to the realization that Liberalism carries with it economic disaster and taxes no one needs.

    Everyone needs to come together to defeat Obama and put the Liberals out of power in the Senate so that we cant put together a more Citizen friendly Government.

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: GOP poll: Tea party movement could cost Republicans in 2012 Read more: http://ww

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Dream on!..................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •