Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 222

Thread: Poll: 44% of Americans Worse Off Under Obama

  1. #81
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Poll: 44% of Americans Worse Off Under Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Whether he loses or not will depend on two things: 1) the economy at election time,
    No argument here, but I don't see really anything Obama can do in the next 17 months that will seriously effect hiring, and we both know he can't win with a rate north of 8%

    and 2) who runs against him. He won't lose if it someone like Plain or Bachman. Not sure Romney can win either. But he has a better shot.
    Oh for God's sake, get off it will ya? When will you liberals learn that we are not going to let libs choose our candidate.

    If Obama keeps going in his current path, a can of OJ could whoop his arse.

    As for the rest of your post, I'm not sure either party has grasped how to not spend outside our means. The past shows us republicans will spend just as surely.
    Hence the need for a strong TEA party... You should join.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #82
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll: 44% of Americans Worse Off Under Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No argument here, but I don't see really anything Obama can do in the next 17 months that will seriously effect hiring, and we both know he can't win with a rate north of 8%
    As I keep saying, no president can control this. if he gets lucky and it improves, he'll take credit, as they all do, but it won't be because of anything he has done.


    Oh for God's sake, get off it will ya? When will you liberals learn that we are not going to let libs choose our candidate.

    If Obama keeps going in his current path, a can of OJ could whoop his arse.
    You're wrong on two counts. I'm not picking your choice. In fact, I would argue many democrats hope you choose one of the nutters. I'm only arguing they can't win.

    And your choice matters.

    Hence the need for a strong TEA party... You should join.

    j-mac
    If they were conherent, with fewer nutter candidates, and had some who actually understood the constitituion, without ignoring 100 years of history, I might have considered it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #83
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Poll: 44% of Americans Worse Off Under Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As I keep saying, no president can control this. if he gets lucky and it improves, he'll take credit, as they all do, but it won't be because of anything he has done.
    No, don't twist here. Obama could start choosing more fiscally conservative policies and move himself to the center, in that respect the economy would likely start bouncing back, and he would have a chance. But as long as he chooses the path of Blame Bush, and stick to letting the Marxist agenda win the day through his sneaky regulators, and Czars, then he will be tossed out like a rotten piece of fruit.

    You're wrong on two counts. I'm not picking your choice. In fact, I would argue many democrats hope you choose one of the nutters. I'm only arguing they can't win.

    And your choice matters.
    I don't think your continued bashing of a female that isn't even in the race makes you look very good, or even smart.

    If they were conherent, with fewer nutter candidates, and had some who actually understood the constitituion, without ignoring 100 years of history, I might have considered it.
    If you actually listened to the message without your preconceived notions, and talking point pap fed to you by your liberal sources, you may actually find you agree with them.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #84
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll: 44% of Americans Worse Off Under Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, don't twist here. Obama could start choosing more fiscally conservative policies and move himself to the center, in that respect the economy would likely start bouncing back, and he would have a chance. But as long as he chooses the path of Blame Bush, and stick to letting the Marxist agenda win the day through his sneaky regulators, and Czars, then he will be tossed out like a rotten piece of fruit.
    Where do you see a twist? I've been saying the same thing all thread, and well before this thread, even during Bush's tenure. No president can control the economy. You thinking anyone can is equal to saying government is the answer, only they can fix our problems. I don't believe that.

    I don't think your continued bashing of a female that isn't even in the race makes you look very good, or even smart.
    Speaking of diversion. . .

    If you actually listened to the message without your preconceived notions, and talking point pap fed to you by your liberal sources, you may actually find you agree with them.

    j-mac
    I've listened j. It is a mistake to think those who dislike the party of nutters they have simplyn haven't listened. We've all seen, heard, read and disected them plenty. They are not a sercret.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #85
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Poll: 44% of Americans Worse Off Under Obama

    I have to say, back during Bush's first term during the "blame everything on Clinton" era, we should all have learned back then that doesn't solve anything. In fact, just the opposite. We see what blaming everything on Clinton got us. That's how we got in this mess to begin with.

    The democrats would be wise to learn from that and avoid the "blame everything on Bush" game. It lowers them to their opponent's level, as truthful as it might be.
    Last edited by Captain America; 06-22-11 at 04:44 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #86
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Poll: 44% of Americans Worse Off Under Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As I keep saying, no president can control this. if he gets lucky and it improves, he'll take credit, as they all do, but it won't be because of anything he has done.
    Any president's policies affect the economy.
    Catch me if you can.

  7. #87
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Poll: 44% of Americans Worse Off Under Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I have to say, back during Bush's first term during the "blame everything on Clinton" era, we should all have learned back then that doesn't solve anything. In fact, just the opposite. We see what blaming everything on Clinton got us. That's how we got in this mess to begin with.

    The democrats would be wise to learn from that and avoid the "blame everything on Bush" game. It lowers them to their opponent's level.

    So Cap. To be playing the blame game as Obama is, "Lowers" the standard of demo's?

    huh? Mr. Independent?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #88
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Poll: 44% of Americans Worse Off Under Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Neither Republican nor Democrat will actually work to better the People's lives. Both serve the same interests and will behave very similarly. While there are certainly measures the government could have taken to lighten the impact of this economic meltdown which still isn't fixed but apparently we don't care that much about anymore, that was not the path taken. The path taken was to ensure that their friends in high places didn't lose their shirts, and it came at our cost.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #89
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Poll: 44% of Americans Worse Off Under Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    in 1980, it was "are you better off than you were four years ago?"

    in 2012, it's gonna be "can you AFFORD four more years?"

    can AMERICA afford four more?

    seeya at the polls, progressives
    Are you going to do any better? Bush didn't really run a good government, our debt increased dramatically during his tenure. As well as our interventionism. Obama has merely taken that and run with it. Increasing our spending and war beyond that which can be supported particularly after the economy broke. If you want to affect something, maybe you can look into the trillions spent on interventionist wars in areas we have no business being in.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #90
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll: 44% of Americans Worse Off Under Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Any president's policies affect the economy.
    I repeat, and j, you pay attention as well, no president controls the economy. I said so when Bush was president and I say so now.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •