Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 671

Thread: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

  1. #651
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    US accuses Iran of 'secret' deal with al Qaeda to send money & fighters to Afghanistan & Pakistan - The Note

    you don't get a lotta news down under, it appears

    that's why you don't have the facts
    Which couldn't happen if we didn't invade (remember, they helped us go in). You're showing you lack of understanding again. Which is in part why it is useles to respond. Tanks for again reminding me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #652
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    it's too bad how OBAMA'S WAR into afghanistan AND PAKISTAN has significantly facilitated IRAN---via AL QAEDA---in her nefarious inroads into the notorious affairs of BOTH those dangerously unstable and egregiously expensive neighbors to her east

    in afghanistan, pakistan, libya, iran---obama is obstinately obtuse

  3. #653
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Like many before him, he was careful with the language. And he won't be the last to so deceive. Sadly.
    Can the country really even AFFORD to go through another major deceiver like Obama (or a republican equivalent)?

  4. #654
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Can the country really even AFFORD to go through another major deceiver like Obama (or a republican equivalent)?
    As far as deceivers go, he has a long way to go before he catches Bush. However, we ask for them to lie. If a politician tells the truth, he's sunk. The political entertainers and party machines will beat him (or her) to death with. So, until we value truth more, we will never get it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #655
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    until we value truth more, we will never get it
    why did obama's appointee at atf testify to house judiciary on july 4 that doj was trying to "limit his communication" with congress?

    values, huh?

  6. #656
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As far as deceivers go, he has a long way to go before he catches Bush. However, we ask for them to lie. If a politician tells the truth, he's sunk. The political entertainers and party machines will beat him (or her) to death with. So, until we value truth more, we will never get it.
    Exactly, until the American people hold politicians accountable instead of reelecting them, we will never have honesty. Most of the GOP holding our economy hostage for continued tax breaks for the wealthy, are the same ones that for the last decade racked up trillions in wasteful spending and tax cuts. We get the government we deserve unfortunately.
    Last edited by Catawba; 07-30-11 at 02:51 AM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #657
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    today: inspector general for iraq reconstruction, stewart w bowen, jr, finds iraq "is less safe, in my judgement, than 12 months ago"

    Iraq is MORE dangerous now amid resurgence in violence by Shi'ite militias

    the ig cited the FIFTEEN us soldiers killed in BUSH'S WAR in june alone

    he also noted an increase in rockets launched against the green zone, as well as "constant assassination attempts against iraqi political leaders, security forces and judges"

    the situation is regressing

    obama failed to foresee these eventualities, it appears, when he promised all troops out by the end of this year

    the ig accuses the president of "glossing over" this increase in violence and instability in iraq "just months before soldiers are due to leave the country"

    let the dithering begin
    Last edited by The Prof; 07-31-11 at 11:41 AM.

  8. #658
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Exactly, until the American people hold politicians accountable instead of reelecting them, we will never have honesty. Most of the GOP holding our economy hostage for continued tax breaks for the wealthy, are the same ones that for the last decade racked up trillions in wasteful spending and tax cuts. We get the government we deserve unfortunately.

    The Democrats owned the Presidency, the House and the Senate for two years and got nothing done. Barry finally submitted a budget and it was turned down 97-0. And now this crisis the fault of the Republicans?

    Time to get good people with experience in there rather than voting for the party stripe.

  9. #659
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The Democrats owned the Presidency, the House and the Senate for two years and got nothing done. Barry finally submitted a budget and it was turned down 97-0. And now this crisis the fault of the Republicans?

    Time to get good people with experience in there rather than voting for the party stripe.
    I would agree both parties hold some blame, but that doesn't excuse republicans from not compromising now.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #660
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I would agree both parties hold some blame, but that doesn't excuse republicans from not compromising now.
    Only losers compromise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •