Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 671

Thread: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

  1. #561
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The tough choice--'specially for Libbos--is to accept reality, or harp on-n-on about some Leftist talking point that was inaccurate from the git-go.

    Why is it so hard for Libbos to understand that the no-fly zones were specifically tasked with targetting the Iraqi military? Could someone explain that one for me?
    don't understand why you need help with this
    you have already stated it yourself: sadam's military was contained
    the no-fly zone was an essential aspect of the containment strategy
    one so successful that further military intervention was NOT required
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #562
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    don't understand why you need help with this
    you have already stated it yourself: sadam's military was contained
    the no-fly zone was an essential aspect of the containment strategy
    one so successful that further military intervention was NOT required
    I never made any such statement. Are lies really all you have to respond with?

  3. #563
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You can't seriously be comparing the leathality of the Kuwaiti Army with the United States Army.

    You folks really need to get your historical facts from hisotry books vice the news.
    I could write a book on all the mistakes in this resonse, but I will point out again, the Iraqi army did not hold up, could not stop us in any way, was not a threat to us. And Saddam knew better than to make the Kuwati mistake again. You simply can't justify invade Iraq on any of this you have thrown out so far. And that includes the silliness that Kurds in iraq were not Iraqis.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #564
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I never made any such statement. Are lies really all you have to respond with?
    let's see what you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The reason for the no-fly zones, were because of the military threat that the Iraqi armed forces posed for it's neighbors and it's citizens.

    Set them back a hundred years my ass! They still had jets and tanks in 2003. Ever been fired upon by a T-72? Or a Mig 21?

    The Iraqi Army fielded 5 corps(+) in 2003, with nearly a half million troops afield. That's a military threat, in anyone's neighborhood.



    For comparitive purposes, this is the Kuwaiti Army.



    Kuwaits Army consisted of a little more than two divisions, while Iraq's army consisted of 41.

    The Saudi Army,



    The Saudi Army can field the equivalent of about 5 divisions, to Iraq's 41.

    The argument we heard from the Leftists in 2003 was there was no need to invade Iraq, because Saddam's army was, "contained". The reason it was contained, was because it still posed a threat to it's neighbors.
    [emphasis added by bubba for the reading impaired]
    you made my case
    you undermined your own
    now you want to whine about it
    say what you mean and mean what you say. i used your words against your argument and now you complain. here is what i said:
    don't understand why you need help with this
    you have already stated it yourself: sadam's military was contained
    the no-fly zone was an essential aspect of the containment strategy
    one so successful that further military intervention was NOT required
    you lost the argument
    you gave me the very statement to prevail in this debate with you
    man up and deal with it
    Last edited by justabubba; 07-24-11 at 05:28 PM. Reason: kant spel
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #565
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I could write a book on all the mistakes in this resonse, but I will point out again, the Iraqi army did not hold up, could not stop us in any way, was not a threat to us. And Saddam knew better than to make the Kuwati mistake again. You simply can't justify invade Iraq on any of this you have thrown out so far. And that includes the silliness that Kurds in iraq were not Iraqis.
    Obviously, the Iraqi Army was a threat to somebody, since the no-fly zones were put in place to prevent it's movement.

  6. #566
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obviously, the Iraqi Army was a threat to somebody, since the no-fly zones were put in place to prevent it's movement.
    Yes, Iraqis. I've linked that for you, more than a few times.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #567
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    let's see what you said:
    [emphais added by bubba for the reading impaired]
    you made my case
    you undermined your own
    now you want to whine about it
    say what you mean and mean what you say. i used your words against your argument and now you complain. here is what i said:

    you lost the argument
    you gave me the very statement to prevail in this debate with you
    man up and deal with it
    And again--for the reading impaired--where did I ever say that there was no need for further military intervention? Where did I say that the Iraqi Army was a threat to the United States, as Boo keeps harping?

    Reality just isn't working in ya'lls favor.

  8. #568
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, Iraqis. I've linked that for you, more than a few times.
    So, we're in agreement that the reason for the no-fly zone was because the Iraqi Army still posed a threat?

  9. #569
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, we're in agreement that the reason for the no-fly zone was because the Iraqi Army still posed a threat?
    why would we contain a military that posed no threat?
    but there was no threat to the USA, which would necessitate further USA military intervention
    that is the point you keep missing
    sadam's military - and any threat it posed - was contained
    the iraq war was one of choice
    and the shrub - at dick's urging - stupidly chose to go to war
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #570
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, we're in agreement that the reason for the no-fly zone was because the Iraqi Army still posed a threat?
    Not outside Iraq, no. If you support invdaing Iraq, you have support invading Lybia, and argue we should have been in Sudan, Rawanda, and anywhere where a leader is a threat to his own subjects. Do try to understand what is being said here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •