Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 671

Thread: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

  1. #551
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How's that new boat? Float better than the one you just jumped out of?
    i guess i do owe you 'thanks' for making my case about sadam being contained, warranting no further military action
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #552
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If that were true, there wouldn't have been a need for a, "no-fly", zone.
    I thought someone already explained to you what the NFZ was for? No? Well here you go:

    "The Iraqi no-fly zones were a set of two separate no-fly zones (NFZs), and were proclaimed by the United States, United Kingdom and France after the Gulf War of 1991 to protect humanitarian operations in northern Iraq and Shiite Muslims in the south."Iraqi no-fly zones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    BTW, who were those troops we were fighting in 2003? The Iraqi Army, perhaps?
    Yeah they really whooped our ass with their great fleets of tanks, planes and missiles didn't they? Oh, wait................no they didn't, because we destroyed that capability in the Persian Gulf war.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #553
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I say we crack down on Muslims, in general.
    People that are scared will do just about any damn thing it would seem. They really need to get a grip.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #554
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How's that new boat? Float better than the one you just jumped out of?
    You make a lot of leaps. How big a fight did that army put up in either war? You have a lot of your facts wrong. We were not afraid of Iraq in any shape way or form,and 2003, neither were Iraqis neighbors. But, we did Iran the favor of invading. They even helped.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #555
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday


  6. #556
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    So are we. What's your point?

    Afghan VIPs Smuggle $10 Million In American Cash Through Kabul Airport Every Single Day

    Read more: Afghan VIPs Smuggle $10 Million In American Cash Through Kabul Airport Every Single Day
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #557
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i guess i do owe you 'thanks' for making my case about sadam being contained, warranting no further military action
    I never made any such claim. You took my comments totally out of context. To say otherwise is a ****ing lie.

    But, this is coming from the same guy that thought the Boers fought with a conventional army during the Boer Wars.
    Last edited by apdst; 07-23-11 at 04:34 PM.

  8. #558
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I thought someone already explained to you what the NFZ was for? No? Well here you go:

    "The Iraqi no-fly zones were a set of two separate no-fly zones (NFZs), and were proclaimed by the United States, United Kingdom and France after the Gulf War of 1991 to protect humanitarian operations in northern Iraq and Shiite Muslims in the south."Iraqi no-fly zones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia




    Yeah they really whooped our ass with their great fleets of tanks, planes and missiles didn't they? Oh, wait................no they didn't, because we destroyed that capability in the Persian Gulf war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You make a lot of leaps. How big a fight did that army put up in either war? You have a lot of your facts wrong. We were not afraid of Iraq in any shape way or form,and 2003, neither were Iraqis neighbors. But, we did Iran the favor of invading. They even helped.
    You can't seriously be comparing the leathality of the Kuwaiti Army with the United States Army.

    You folks really need to get your historical facts from hisotry books vice the news.

  9. #559
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You can't seriously be comparing the leathality of the Kuwaiti Army with the United States Army.

    You folks really need to get your historical facts from hisotry books vice the news.

    Tough choice...............take the personal opinion of an internet guy that goes by Apdst, or United Nations Security Council Resolution 688.

    Thanks for playing!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #560
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Tough choice...............take the personal opinion of an internet guy that goes by Apdst, or United Nations Security Council Resolution 688.

    Thanks for playing!
    The tough choice--'specially for Libbos--is to accept reality, or harp on-n-on about some Leftist talking point that was inaccurate from the git-go.

    Why is it so hard for Libbos to understand that the no-fly zones were specifically tasked with targetting the Iraqi military? Could someone explain that one for me?

Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •