Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 671

Thread: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

  1. #371
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    01-17-15 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    629

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not going to have as much fun with that comment as I could. I'll only say, that creating a situation that further endangers friendly forces is a very unpatriotic, not to mention idiotic, idea--especially during this holiday.
    Actually, its unpatriotic to continue to put into harms way unnecessarily our troops and to cause them to be separated from their families, risk their lives daily, and create many casualties. Withdrawing them and reducing their harm while trying to negotiate a peace with the Taliban can considered more patriotic than your option.

  2. #372
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Opteron View Post
    Actually, its unpatriotic to continue to put into harms way unnecessarily our troops and to cause them to be separated from their families, risk their lives daily, and create many casualties. Withdrawing them and reducing their harm while trying to negotiate a peace with the Taliban can considered more patriotic than your option.
    All so we can just send more soldiers back in a few years and put them back behind the power curve.

  3. #373
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,143

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    All so we can just send more soldiers back in a few years and put them back behind the power curve.
    why would we do that?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #374
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    why would we do that?
    Because we didn't finish the job, the second time.

    We'll lose more troops in the last 3 months of the retreat, than we've lost in the past 9 years.

  5. #375
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,143

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because we didn't finish the job, the second time.

    We'll lose more troops in the last 3 months of the retreat, than we've lost in the past 9 years.
    please show us where your crystal ball has EVER been correct with its past predictions
    only then would we have any basis to revise the absence of credibility your predictions receive


    once we give the keys to a secure nation to its people, to defend themselves, it becomes their problem thereafter to maintain their own security
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #376
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    please show us where your crystal ball has EVER been correct with its past predictions
    only then would we have any basis to revise the absence of credibility your predictions receive
    Obama's administration. How is the hope-n-change working for you? Like'n that 9% unemployment?


    once we give the keys to a secure nation to its people, to defend themselves, it becomes their problem thereafter to maintain their own security
    But first, you have to stat with a secure nation.

    This is going to be the bloodiest retreat in the history of the United States.

  7. #377
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,143

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obama's administration. How is the hope-n-change working for you? Like'n that 9% unemployment?
    Obama inherits an economy which is quickly sliding toward depression and you think you are prescient in anticipating unemployment is going to be higher than normal
    next you will tell us there will be snow fall up north during winter, and think that was a unique forecast

    But first, you have to stat with a secure nation.
    isn't that the stated goal?
    it will soon be a fact in iraq
    and here is my own prediction. in no time there will be a new government and internal upheaval. that nation will soon after become a satellite of iran. but the keys will have been given to the indigenous people and if they choose to drive their country over the precipice, that is their choice to make
    same with afghanistan
    we should have never engaged in nation building in either
    we should never have gone into iraq
    and we should have been in afghanistan only long enough to take our al qaeda and its supporters, and left the rubble for the people to deal with. do understand the consequences of sustaining the rogues who dare attack us

    This is going to be the bloodiest retreat in the history of the United States.
    hope we are both posting here when our final withdrawal occurs. i expect to be able to severely chide you for your bogus forecast
    i am optimistic in that expectation ... because you have seldom been correct with any of your posts on these boards
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #378
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Once again...to hammer the point again

    The mission in A-stan was to get the ones that did 9-11, not nation build. Anybody that thinks we are going to make a core or even seam state out of A-stan needs to re-think

  9. #379
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Once again...to hammer the point again

    The mission in A-stan was to get the ones that did 9-11, not nation build. Anybody that thinks we are going to make a core or even seam state out of A-stan needs to re-think
    The reason that we has to go to Afghanistan in 2001, is because we didn't perform a little nation building in 1986. The Russians left, so we washed our hands of Afghanistan, then the crazies moved in. Now, 2011--and into 2012--we're going to wash our hands of Afghanistan and the crazies are just going to move right back in, again. This retreat is history repeating itself. The same thing happened in 1918.

  10. #380
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The reason that we has to go to Afghanistan in 2001, is because we didn't perform a little nation building in 1986. The Russians left, so we washed our hands of Afghanistan, then the crazies moved in. Now, 2011--and into 2012--we're going to wash our hands of Afghanistan and the crazies are just going to move right back in, again. This retreat is history repeating itself. The same thing happened in 1918.
    Not really, we did some training of the crazies, so don't forget that. However, the Taliban was not too interested in anythign outside Afghanistan. Al Qaeda was not dependent on Afghanistan, as they function quite easily in other states, including states that are our allies. We could easily destroy training sites, hinder al Qaeda, and still not nation build, leaving Afghanistan to the Afghan people. We should not see us as an imperial US, but only function to assure our safety.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •