Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 671

Thread: US troops coming home? Obama to say on Wednesday

  1. #221
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    The writing is on the wall.....

    1 The Taliban are winning politically

    2 The Taliban will step up their attacks and, the US suffer more (the Afghan gov will weaken as we pullout and fall not too long after)

    End result - Taliban victory
    That's up to the Afghan people.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #222
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    The writing is on the wall.....

    1 The Taliban are winning politically

    2 The Taliban will step up their attacks and, the US suffer more (the Afghan gov will weaken as we pullout and fall not too long after)

    End result - Taliban victory
    And, for the rest of our lives, we'll have to listen to the libbos go on-n-on about how we lost Afghanistan.

  3. #223
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's up to the Afghan people.
    A-stan is a tribal culture without a real sense of national identity. They may call themselves Afghanis (aka Afghan people), some of the time, but their primary loyalties are to the tribe.

  4. #224
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, for the rest of our lives, we'll have to listen to the libbos go on-n-on about how we lost Afghanistan.
    True, but our economy is causing horror and is headed towards catastrophic failure. The withdrawal is to reduce expenditures.

    Remember, it's the 1930's

  5. #225
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    True, but our economy is causing horror and is headed towards catastrophic failure. The withdrawal is to reduce expenditures.

    Remember, it's the 1930's
    You don't actually think that this regime is going to cut spending, just because we retreated from Afghanistan.

  6. #226
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You don't actually think that this regime is going to cut spending, just because we retreated from Afghanistan.
    No way!. The largest part of the budget is the entitlement programs and it is considered political suicide to cut welfare or medicare

    Pulling the troops out and reducing unnecessary spending by the military, even if it is a minor part of the budget compared to the entitlement programs, is a necessity and it's going to happen....Its the socialist ****ed up regime mentality

  7. #227
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    A-stan is a tribal culture without a real sense of national identity. They may call themselves Afghanis (aka Afghan people), some of the time, but their primary loyalties are to the tribe.
    Doesn't matter. Afghanistan is not the US. What happens there is up to them.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #228
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Doesn't matter. Afghanistan is not the US. What happens there is up to them.
    It'll be up to us...again...in a few years.

  9. #229
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It'll be up to us...again...in a few years.
    It should never be up to us, and it wasn't when we invaded. Because our leaders didn't know better, were imperialistic, doesn't mean it was up to us.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #230
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: President Obama To Announce Details of Afghanistan Strategy On Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Doesn't matter. Afghanistan is not the US. What happens there is up to them.
    Thats kinda funny...
    What happens there is up to them
    Debt to GDP ratio is expected to hit 70% or higher by the end of the year. 100% by 2021. And this is a death spiral that is going to get worse in the US

    Forget social security, Boo. It will cease to exist by the time many of us can collect while, the Taliban will be goat ****ing away

    Hmmmm....Wonder who is is really getting ****ed here? The goats or us?

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •