Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 68

Thread: UN body votes for protection of gay rights

  1. #41
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: UN body votes for protection of gay rights

    Just got to ask, how is this for the UN to decide? They are NOT the world's government, nor is it for them to be deciding such things. In fact, I want a rebate on all the UN dues that have been spent in spinning their wheels on this and other nonsense that is none of their business.

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: UN body votes for protection of gay rights

    Quote Originally Posted by crebigsol View Post
    I have had an argument on this point in answering roguenuke, which is posted 10:54am.
    Don't really care. Still sounds like anarchist drivel to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by crebigsol View Post
    Well, make your pick: ask the human society to guarantee you animal right or human right.
    Shouldn't have to "ask" to enjoy a Right period. That is the nature of rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by crebigsol View Post
    No more idiotic is found than reading “one of the reasons” as “the only reason”.
    If you don't follow definitions then yeah I suppose you could read it as "the only reason". But I prefer to follow the definitions of words and not apply fallacies.

    Quote Originally Posted by crebigsol View Post
    If you do not create the “right”, you have no ground to sue those who reject the adoption offered by homo couples. If the homo couple must have right to adopt, in addition to the betrayal behavior you legitimate in love affairs with your argument “If all sides consent then there is no betrayal”, you just reinforce the betrayal mentality to the next generation. No wonder the behavior of irresponsibility to family has been more and more widespread in America: irresponsible people look for every way to sham this mentality to our next generation.
    See this is where you keep messing up....there is no right being "created". People are only suing to have a right applied equally. You can't create a right which already exists. But you can sue for an existing right to be applied equally.

    And one more time...there is no betrayal going on. Next time I'll provide the definition for you since you seem to be incapable of applying it correctly or apparently even looking it up.


    Quote Originally Posted by crebigsol View Post
    Can I ask you to do the samething: "Whatever the hell it is that you're smoking....keep it the hell away from me?" All liberals declare that they, and only they, are genuine lover of freedom of speech.
    Sorry but 1: I'm not a liberal. I'm Independent. 2: Show me where I have tried to deny ANYONE the right to free speech.
    Last edited by Kal'Stang; 06-19-12 at 05:09 PM.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: UN body votes for protection of gay rights

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Just got to ask, how is this for the UN to decide? They are NOT the world's government, nor is it for them to be deciding such things. In fact, I want a rebate on all the UN dues that have been spent in spinning their wheels on this and other nonsense that is none of their business.
    The UN was created in part to protect peoples rights. So yes they can decide it.

    Of course actually ENFORCING it is a whole nother thing entirely.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #44
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: UN body votes for protection of gay rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The UN was created in part to protect peoples rights. So yes they can decide it.

    Of course actually ENFORCING it is a whole nother thing entirely.
    No, it really wasn't AFAIK. The UN was created to prevent future war by providing a central forum for all countries to have discussion, and a framework for the Security Council nations to enforce decisions made by the membership to prevent future war and/or the conduct of nations at war.

    The HRC, the WHO, and the like - all addons that have nothing to do with the original purpose of the UN.
    Last edited by clownboy; 06-19-12 at 05:17 PM.

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: UN body votes for protection of gay rights

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, it really wasn't AFAIK. The UN was created to prevent future war by providing a central forum for all countries to have discussion, and a framework for the Security Council nations to enforce decisions made by the membership to prevent future war and/or the conduct of nations at war.

    The HRC, the WHO, and the like - all addons that have nothing to do with the original purpose of the UN.
    The idea behind the UN being created was to keep one country from invading and keeping another countries land. That was how it was suppose to help prevent war. But as it grew human rights were added to it. Hence why there is a "UN Human Rights Council"

    United Nations Human Rights Council
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #46
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    07-07-12 @ 04:13 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    486

    Re: UN body votes for protection of gay rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    See this is where you keep messing up....there is no right being "created". People are only suing to have a right applied equally. You can't create a right which already exists.
    But you can sue for an existing right to be applied equally.
    Exactly, “ this is where you keep messing up”. There is no right that can exist by nature for any living being unless it is created and defended by force. A lion has right to eat a zebra, but a zebra has not right to eat a lion. A lion has right to kill a hyena, but a hyena has no right to kill a lion. Whatever the so-called human right that is enjoyed by you is not a right for any common citizen in N Korea, but may be a right for Kim’s family member. A man has a right to marry 4 women in the Islamic world will not have such right in a Buddhism world unless someone has power to abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Sorry but 1: I'm not a liberal. I'm Independent. 2: Show me where I have tried to deny ANYONE the right to free speech.
    It is not how you declare how you are; it is how you portray how you are. Many homos, for example, declare they are not women while no more obviously they possess a woman’s body in others’ eyes. Yes, you did not literarily “deny ANYONE the right to free speech”, you just tell people “Whatever the hell it is that you're smoking....keep it the hell away from me”.

  7. #47
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: UN body votes for protection of gay rights

    Quote Originally Posted by crebigsol View Post
    Many homos, for example, declare they are not women while no more obviously they possess a woman’s body in others’ eyes.
    Usually when a "homo" declares that they are not a woman, it's because they have a penis. For some reason, you seem to have not learned the basic preschool lesson about the difference between girls and boys.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #48
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: UN body votes for protection of gay rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The idea behind the UN being created was to keep one country from invading and keeping another countries land. That was how it was suppose to help prevent war. But as it grew human rights were added to it. Hence why there is a "UN Human Rights Council"

    United Nations Human Rights Council
    Actually, it was created to replace the League of Nations (which was only to prevent war and agree upon terms of war). Several new thrusts were added (largely without public input). Here are the stated purpose(s) listed in the UN Charter:

    The Purposes of the United Nations are:
    1.To maintain international peace and security, and to that end: to take effective collective measures for the prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace, and to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law, adjustment or settlement of international disputes or situations which might lead to a breach of the peace;
    2.To develop friendly relations among nations based on respect for the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples, and to take other appropriate measures to strengthen universal peace;
    3.To achieve international co-operation in solving international problems of an economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian character, and in promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language, or religion; and
    4.To be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations in the attainment of these common ends.
    So, yes, under section three, they do have the auspices to make such a determination. Of course there are no enforcement mechanisms as the verbiage was restricted to "encouraging and promoting".

    So I withdraw my question regarding how this is there business. However, it also restores my belief that the creation of the UN was the first step towards the eventual creation by fiat of a world government. Something Americans then, as well as now, are opposed to.

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: UN body votes for protection of gay rights

    Quote Originally Posted by crebigsol View Post
    Exactly, “ this is where you keep messing up”. There is no right that can exist by nature for any living being unless it is created and defended by force. A lion has right to eat a zebra, but a zebra has not right to eat a lion. A lion has right to kill a hyena, but a hyena has no right to kill a lion. Whatever the so-called human right that is enjoyed by you is not a right for any common citizen in N Korea, but may be a right for Kim’s family member. A man has a right to marry 4 women in the Islamic world will not have such right in a Buddhism world unless someone has power to abuse.
    Rights are inherant. IE they are there whether people use them or not. Believe it or not things can exist outside of humans.

    Quote Originally Posted by crebigsol View Post
    It is not how you declare how you are; it is how you portray how you are. Many homos, for example, declare they are not women while no more obviously they possess a woman’s body in others’ eyes. Yes, you did not literarily “deny ANYONE the right to free speech”, you just tell people “Whatever the hell it is that you're smoking....keep it the hell away from me”.
    And I portray myself in many ways. Some would call me liberal in one subject while in another they would call me a conservative. Hence why I am "independent". I base my decisions on my own thoughts, ideas, and the facts of the situation. Not because some ideological group mentality thinking. Believe me or not. I don't really care. I just corrected you in order to prevent you from being wrong in everything. If you wish to continue to be wrong that is now upon you and only you. You've been informed.

    And telling someone "Whatever the hell it is that you're smoking....keep it the hell away from me" is a nice way of telling them that they are acting like idiots. Its a reference to wacky tobacky. It has nothing what-so-ever to do with speech.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #50
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    912

    Re: UN body votes for protection of gay rights

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post


    However, it also restores my belief that the creation of the UN was the first step towards the eventual creation by fiat of a world government. Something Americans then, as well as now, are opposed to.
    How can you be sure that President Obama is opposed to a world government?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •