Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: Weiner to resign after sexting scandal, source says

  1. #21
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Weiner to resign after sexting scandal, source says

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I agree with you. Wiener lied about the hacking and that is worse than someone just denying it. But in the end there both guys that wanted to look at/touch/ sleep with women that aren't their wives without getting in trouble for it. Just because one of them had to make up a story in order to lie about it doesn't mean , to me, that he is any worse at decision making than the other guy.
    Simple fact is that if it was just consensual contact it is irrelevant to me. I long ago gave up the notion that politicians can, should, or would be bastions of morality (and when you consider the hisptorical perspectives of politicians its amazing we ever dared to expect as much). I didnt care that Clinton was diddling Lewinsky...or Flowers...or any of the others in the little black book. I did care about the allegations of sexual harrassment and the instances of sexual assault. I cared about lying under oath. But if he wants to smoke cigars soaked in Monica juice...well...nasty...but...not my business.

  2. #22
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Weiner to resign after sexting scandal, source says

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Weiner to resign after sexting scandal, source says - CNN.com




    The Weiner is cooked.

    What will be his next career? DNC chair?
    Weiner said just a couple of days ago that he was going to stick it out. LOL.

    OK, so Weiner is finally doing the right thing. He is still a scumbag, who would have stayed, if not for the intense pressure put on him by both Democrats and Republicans.

    So when is Diaper David Vitter going to resign, or is that different?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    07-06-11 @ 10:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    232

    Re: Weiner to resign after sexting scandal, source says

    He doesnt have to do anything does he? Isnt he set for life with his pension or whatever its called coming from being in Congress? His marriage is a sham. Its known in secret social circles his wife and bills wife have been lovers since the ugly one was 19.

  4. #24
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Weiner to resign after sexting scandal, source says

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    That remains to be seen. Accusing an individual of hacking a federal computer and vowing to have your private investigator expose the cuplrit certainly smacks of at least a civil crime. Sexting a minor is certainly a crime. Still...Ive ceded the point re prostitution.

    I dont care that Weiner is a disgusting little pervert that gets off on posting his weiner around the globe. I said from day one if it is just about him cybercheating on his wife then who gives a ****...its between him and her. But when it comes to lying about it, encouraging others to lie about it, accusing others when you know damn good and well you are the guilty little pervert, and now the prospect of lewd and indecent contact with a minor...yep...thats the ticket.
    Ensign lied many times, as did Vitter.. your "outrage" is so freaking partisan and hypocritical. Vitter is STILL in Congress, and he was fully backed by his GOP buddies, many of who used the same house in DC where Vitter had his "encounters". Ensign seems to have used campaign funding and political influence to help his mistress. Romney also seems to be up in his neck on issues of voter fraud, unless you seriously believe that Romney lives in his sons basement while having 2 x 10+ million houses in California and NH.

    Why is it the right complains and bitches about the democratic scum but never of their own... in fact they more than often defend their own scum.. remember the paedophile US congressman from Florida that for years if not over a decade was known to hunt young congressional pages? What did the GOP leadership do.. stand by the idiot at the start at least. Or Bob Ney, a convicted criminal, who sat in his seat to the day he was thrown in jail... Or Cunningham and the repercussions of that conviction. When the GOP starts to denounce and kick their own crap out the door then maybe we can take the whining and partisan bitching remotely serious.
    PeteEU

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Weiner to resign after sexting scandal, source says

    Good. It is about time.

  6. #26
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Weiner to resign after sexting scandal, source says

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Ensign lied many times, as did Vitter.. your "outrage" is so freaking partisan and hypocritical. Vitter is STILL in Congress, and he was fully backed by his GOP buddies, many of who used the same house in DC where Vitter had his "encounters". Ensign seems to have used campaign funding and political influence to help his mistress. Romney also seems to be up in his neck on issues of voter fraud, unless you seriously believe that Romney lives in his sons basement while having 2 x 10+ million houses in California and NH.

    Why is it the right complains and bitches about the democratic scum but never of their own... in fact they more than often defend their own scum.. remember the paedophile US congressman from Florida that for years if not over a decade was known to hunt young congressional pages? What did the GOP leadership do.. stand by the idiot at the start at least. Or Bob Ney, a convicted criminal, who sat in his seat to the day he was thrown in jail... Or Cunningham and the repercussions of that conviction. When the GOP starts to denounce and kick their own crap out the door then maybe we can take the whining and partisan bitching remotely serious.
    Oh yes...you can see im just absolutely TRIPPING over myself with outrage...even though I have never suggested he should resign. Oh...and that WAS me pointing out Larry Craigs indescretions in previous Weiner threads and calling for him to step down. You are funny...but not in a laugh WITH you kind of way...

    Outrage? Look in the mirror you silly person...

  7. #27
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Weiner to resign after sexting scandal, source says

    Why is it that people can be such dicks on the internet?

  8. #28
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Weiner to resign after sexting scandal, source says

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Oh yes...you can see im just absolutely TRIPPING over myself with outrage...even though I have never suggested he should resign. Oh...and that WAS me pointing out Larry Craigs indescretions in previous Weiner threads and calling for him to step down. You are funny...but not in a laugh WITH you kind of way...

    Outrage? Look in the mirror you silly person...
    Oh thanks, I forgot about toilet Craig... and congrats you called for his resignation, now you just need to do the same for Vitter. Sadly your GOP friends only call for the resignation of Democrats and not their own who do the same or worse... aka the GOP are a bunch of hypocrites.
    PeteEU

  9. #29
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Weiner to resign after sexting scandal, source says

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Oh thanks, I forgot about toilet Craig... and congrats you called for his resignation, now you just need to do the same for Vitter. Sadly your GOP friends only call for the resignation of Democrats and not their own who do the same or worse... aka the GOP are a bunch of hypocrites.
    I ceded the point about the prostitution...and when I call for Weiners resignation, I'll make sure I include Vitter. You missed the part where I dont CARE. Personally I want him to stick around...if nothing else for the pure comedic gold.

    Now wipe the rabid drool of your chin already...you are embarassing yourself.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Weiner to resign after sexting scandal, source says

    Personally, it's stupid that this is being made a partisan issue. He's behaved like a complete fool, and Weiner did that all on his lonesome.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •