Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 250

Thread: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

  1. #81
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Actually some of them do depending on the structure of the business. Equity share managers in a small company exists to make that worker rich. Bested again Mr. V.
    An exception, a small minority exception to the rule does not equal bested, it just shows your desperation to try and score points.

    BUSINESSES do not exist to make the workers rich.

    What you are referring to, is this situation:

    When the owners are shareholders, the interest can be called shareholders' equity; the accounting remains the same, and it is ownership equity spread out among shareholders. If all shareholders are in one and the same class, they share equally in ownership equity from all perspectives. However, shareholders may allow different priority ranking among themselves by the use of share classes and options. This complicates both analysis for stock valuation and accounting.
    The individual investor is interested not only in the total changes to equity, but also in the increase / decrease in the value of his own personal share of the equity. This reconciliation of equity should be done both in total and on a per share basis.
    Equity (beg. of year)
    + net income inter net money you gained
    − dividends how much money you gained or lost so far
    +/− gain/loss from changes to the number of shares outstanding.more or less
    = Equity (end of year) if you get more money during the year or less or not anything
    [edit]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equity_(finance)

    A situation where the business is set up to draw other investors in, and to build trust, the employees have the same stake in the venture as potential shareholders. This engenders trust because the managers must treat clients money as they would their own.

    Once again, you liken yourself to a small dog, yapping at his better.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #82
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by shintao View Post
    LOL! You think a corporation owes you a favor? That they are your good buddy? That they are going to take care of you? Is that what you are trying to say here?

    You might think about WHO THE **** IS GOVERNMENT!!! Is this government working for you, or corporations? Are you in control, or is corporations. THINK!!!
    Do you really think politicians give a rats ass about you? Social Welfare programs exist for one reason: To bribe you with "gold from the treasury" for you votes. They aren't taking care of you; they're USING you.

    And another thing, Corporations provide jobs, sustainable jobs, you can invest in them, purchase their services or goods, or you can choose not to do any of the above. Government has the force of law to ensure you behave a certain way.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #83
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Do you really think politicians give a rats ass about you? Social Welfare programs exist for one reason: To bribe you with "gold from the treasury" for you votes. They aren't taking care of you; they're USING you.

    And another thing, Corporations provide jobs, sustainable jobs, you can invest in them, purchase their services or goods, or you can choose not to do any of the above. Government has the force of law to ensure you behave a certain way.
    Ssshhhhh! They are watching you. Don't say too much or they will come get you!!!!

    Tell me, do you really believe all these conspiracies are in play, or is that just the drum beat points you say because it scares the uneducated people who believe that the government wants to steal their bibles and guns?

    While I agree with you that Welfare is a disease of this country, I think that it began in the right place in that it was an attempt to stem the tide of poverty in this country. However, as all good intentions it has become wasteful and abused, thus needs to be addressed.
    Last edited by tlmorg02; 06-16-11 at 10:56 AM.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Ssshhhhh! They are watching you. Don't say too much or they will come get you!!!!

    Tell me, do you really believe all these conspiracies are in play, or is that just the drum beat points you say because it scares the uneducated people who believe that the government wants to steal their bibles and guns?

    While I agree with you that Welfare is a disease of this country, I think that it began in the right place in that it was an attempt to stem the tide of poverty in this country. However, as all good intentions it has become wasteful and abused, thus needs to be addressed.
    The path to hell is paved with good intentions.


    And it's not "conspiratorial", it's common sense.

    Alexis de Tocqueville quotes (showing 1-41 of 41)
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    — Alexis de Tocqueville (Democracy in America)
    Alexis de Tocqueville Quotes
    What you see as good intended measures to help stem poverty... don't work, never have.

    They create dependencies in people, who then vote for the folks that will keep giving them free stuff. Both parties do it. While the basic premise and desire to help people is there, you are a fool if you don't think there is a political calculation involved.

    "We can help this socio-economic group and they'll know WE made sure they got this help and vote for us!"

    It's a trap no one has figured out how to avoid with a democratic system of government.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    While I agree with you that Welfare is a disease of this country, I think that it began in the right place in that it was an attempt to stem the tide of poverty in this country. However, as all good intentions it has become wasteful and abused, thus needs to be addressed.
    But who is going to address it?

    We can see that the national debts are unsustainable but any effort to get them under control will be "extreme right wing", that it will be 'paid on the backs of the working man', and so on. Politicians like Harry Reid will continue to insist taxpayers foot the bill for cowboy poetry contests and anyone who disagrees will be 'unpatriotic' and 'extreme'. So the money will be spent, just as it will be on millions of other useless programs, eagerly defended by the Porkers. No politician seems to have the courage to say 'No More'..

  6. #86
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You posted those graphs and you want to know their relevance?

    My comment did not come out of left field because I mentioned earlier how debt, in regard to how long it takes to work to pay off the annual tax, skews the entire stats. Are you disregarding the debt? Do you have any idea what to do about it, or to where it might lead?

    The thread is all about workers making less, and I contend that the problem lies with government and their reckless and irresponsible spending. Your graphs mean nothing unless that is taken into account, as well as annual deficits of over $1 trillion.
    Let me get this right...you are arguing that the workers are making less because the government is overspending? That my friend is the dumbest thing I have ever heard on this forum.

    The workers 5 to 6 years from now will certainly be making a lot less when the tax rate finally goes to where it needs to be to start paying back the debt, but right now and for the last 30 years, no that is not the case. The fact you believe that shows you have absolutely no economic sense.

    In fact, your statement makes me think that people should be required to take Economics 101 before they post in this section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  7. #87
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ah that clicks it into place - i was reading the titles differently.

    let's see:

    1950: unemployment goes up, labor share goes down
    1954: unemployment goes up, labor share goes down
    1958: unemployment goes up, labor share goes down
    1961: unemployment goes up, labor share spikes and then goes down
    1970: unemployment goes up, labor share goes down
    1974: unemployment goes up, labor share goes down
    1980: unemployment goes up, labor share goes down
    1982: unemployment goes up, labor share goes down
    1991: unemployment goes up, labor share goes down
    2001: unemployment goes up, labor share goes down
    2009: unemployment goes up, labor share goes down


    well, I sit corrected. those two charts are relevant. they seem to demonstrate that LesGovt was correct, and the price of labor falls as unemployment rises.
    What are you talking about? Reread the graph. When unemployment goes up, labor share goes up. Only in the last two years has that changed. Are you really that incapable of reading graphs? Where did you get your education?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by shintao View Post
    What is a fair days pay?
    As I said earlier, What the business makes added to the work done can formulate what is fair. It's like any kind of shared activity, you can work our a fair trade is you want to.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Let me get this right...you are arguing that the workers are making less because the government is overspending? That my friend is the dumbest thing I have ever heard on this forum.
    Where do you suppose the government gets its money? Do you really have any idea? Taxes come out of the pockets of people, and through a variety of ways..If the government is spending more money then the people who create that wealth are going to have to give that extra money to the government rather than have it for themselves. Or, as we see now, the govern
    The workers 5 to 6 years from now will certainly be making a lot less when the tax rate finally goes to where it needs to be to start paying back the debt
    Now you are getting it!

    but right now and for the last 30 years, no that is not the case. The fact you believe that shows you have absolutely no economic sense.
    What's this? The governments have not been spending enough? Taxes are too low? Too high? Just right?

    In fact, your statement makes me think that people should be required to take Economics 101 before they post in this section.
    And one of the first things they should teach is where taxes come from and who pays them,

  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    you can work our a fair trade is you want to
    starting a little early this morning, eh?

    LOL!

    how's the weather in detroit?

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •