Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 250

Thread: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

  1. #231
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Did you already forget the "Walmart Shoppers are running out of money" thread?
    I'm going to write a letter to Walmart, and ask them to make sure dog food price remain low.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #232
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy View Post
    Oh my god...ANOTHER one of these threads?

    Here...



    and here...




    CAN WE ALL GO HOME NOW?
    Wait a minute! The slopes on those curves are positive.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #233
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    You and I disagree.
    Not everything the EPA does may be constitutional (I can't say for certain because I don't have all the info); however, its very existence was made necessary by the courts during the mid to late 1800s when they said some pollution is the cost of progress. Some sort of agency has to determine what some is, and it has to be a non-biased objective agency. The prince mechanism that capitalism usually rallies on cannot be used in this case because people can buy results.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Not everything the EPA does may be constitutional (I can't say for certain because I don't have all the info); however, its very existence was made necessary by the courts during the mid to late 1800s when they said some pollution is the cost of progress. Some sort of agency has to determine what some is, and it has to be a non-biased objective agency. The prince mechanism that capitalism usually rallies on cannot be used in this case because people can buy results.
    The Courts cannot make something that is not enumerated in the Constitution magically okay. We have an amendment process for changing it.

    And if the issue is pollution then why can some bureaucrat tell me how much water I can use when I flush my toilet?

  5. #235
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    And if the issue is pollution then why can some bureaucrat tell me how much water I can use when I flush my toilet?
    Because water supplies during drought conditions fresh water runs low. But that's not the EPA, that's likely your local government.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Because water supplies during drought conditions fresh water runs low. But that's not the EPA, that's likely your local government.
    Really, Do you actually believe someone in my town decided that the only toilet I can buy can use no more than 1.6 gallons per flush? And perhaps, just as a mysterious coincidence, so did every single other town in the USA? Awesome!

  7. #237
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Really, Do you actually believe someone in my town decided that the only toilet I can buy can use no more than 1.6 gallons per flush? And perhaps, just as a mysterious coincidence, so did every single other town in the USA? Awesome!
    I thought you were talking about low flow toilets.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    I thought you were talking about low flow toilets.
    I was. They are the only kind available now. And light bulbs are next. This is tyranny.

    the National Energy Policy Act (H.R. 776) went into effect and mandated 1.6 toilets for the entire U.S.
    Our government at work. Saving us from ourselves...
    Last edited by Misterveritis; 06-25-11 at 01:27 PM.

  9. #239
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I was. They are the only kind available now. And light bulbs are next. This is tyranny.


    Our government at work. Saving us from ourselves...

    I bet N Korea will let you use any kind of toilet you want

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I bet N Korea will let you use any kind of toilet you want
    Perhaps you are insane.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •