Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 250

Thread: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

  1. #201
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by sookster View Post
    Capitalism is intrinsically flawed. It promotes individualism at all costs,
    That's where you are wrong. Capitalism promotes morality in its very foundation, it has been misconstrued to be the promotion of the individual at all cost. Thats the evil maximum made the most esteemed value.


    It is time to Wake Up people, and see that we need an alternative. It doesn't have to be Communism, it doesn't have to be Socialism either, as there is an ideal out there that uses "The Scientific Method for social concern." That to me, is what makes the most sense. It is called The Resource Based Economy, and it is being developed by The Venus Project.
    1) Zeitgeist was full of so much misinformation or half truths, and pseudo-intelligentsia that its not even funny. It was worth watching for the small truths in it, but you had to already be informed to know what those were
    2) The Venus Project is SOCIALISM albeit much more thoughtout than socialism was in its inception. Perhaps, if the Venus Project can actually be carried out, the type of scientifically planned society that socialist hoped would be achieved. However, the Venus Project can only be carried out in a non-dictatorial way, a way most socialist would be appaled by and you should as well, if its done done were civilization does not exist, Tabula Rasa
    Last edited by xpiher; 06-19-11 at 07:41 PM.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  2. #202
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    You obviously don't know what the venus project is. It uses the resource based economy model. It isn't socialism.
    Capitalism doesn't promote morality at its foundation. Are you serious? You don't understand, capitalism rewards the person that obtains profit no matter the cost. It doesn't matter what you put in place, people will always abuse it.

  3. #203
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Why do you think Capitalism is the holy grail of ideas?

  4. #204
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    What are these half-truths that the zeitgeist movement promoted?

  5. #205
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by sookster View Post
    You obviously don't know what the venus project is. It uses the resource based economy model. It isn't socialism.
    No, you just don't know what socialism is. Socialism = planned society by technocrats to use resources in the most efficient and just way possible.

    Capitalism doesn't promote morality at its foundation. Are you serious? You don't understand, capitalism rewards the person that obtains profit no matter the cost. It doesn't matter what you put in place, people will always abuse it.
    And you have never read The Wealth of Nations. I used to think like you, until I bothered actually educating myself by reading the founding principals which include:

    The Wealth of Nations
    The Theory of Moral Sentiments
    Utilitarianism as described by John Stuart Mills
    Democracy in America

    Just to name a few.

    Quote Originally Posted by sookster View Post
    Why do you think Capitalism is the holy grail of ideas?
    Capitalism isn't the holy grail of ideas. Its simply an extension of freedom. I don't like what real operative capitalism has created, because its not capitalism as it was envisioned by its pioneers. For instance, many people who are fervently capitalistic today say all regulation and all government welfare are bad. Hayke and Friedman, two pro-capitalist who many say turned them onto the idea of capitalism, disagree. I do not believe pure capitalism can exist because it will eventually be over turned by those with power to corporatism, if not facism which has been the trend for the last 150years.

    Let me ask you something else. Was Bismark an autocrat? What sort of programs did Bismark support?


    Quote Originally Posted by sookster View Post
    What are these half-truths that the zeitgeist movement promoted?
    The entire section on Religion, part of its explanation of money, 9/11
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  6. #206
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    First, Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism assume that the resources on this planet are unlimited, this model does not. So no, it isn't Socialism by any stretch of the imagination. Also, socialism is where people work for the benefit of the community. All wages are the same, to an effect, there doesn't have to be a currency because everyone is working for everyone else. With that said, I think you definition of socialism is way off.

    Just because you can spit out books that you read, doesn't mean you deduced information accurately or understand its concepts. On top of that, the authors themselves could be flawed. You need more information to back up those statements.

    Capitalism isn't an extension of freedom. Sure, for some. But for most, it is an extension of slavery. People are out there, murdering people just to survive, and there are people that have to live in those neighborhoods. In essence, they are trapped with no where to go, and it is everything to do with this system.

    What is your evidence that these sections are half-truths?

  7. #207
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by sookster View Post
    First, Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism assume that the resources on this planet are unlimited, this model does not.
    You are completely clueless.

    Also, socialism is where people work for the benefit of the community. All wages are the same, to an effect, there doesn't have to be a currency because everyone is working for everyone else. With that said, I think you definition of socialism is way off.
    The Venus Project gets rid of currency, and everyone works for the betterment of society as a whole in the Venus project as well. Sure, people aren't told what jobs to do, but thats the only difference.

    Capitalism isn't an extension of freedom. Sure, for some. But for most, it is an extension of slavery. People are out there, murdering people just to survive, and there are people that have to live in those neighborhoods. In essence, they are trapped with no where to go, and it is everything to do with this system.
    And the system we have right now is not capitalism

    What is your evidence that these sections are half-truths?
    I would have to list to you over 100 books that you would simply dismiss like the couple that I listed above.

    You have been taken in by the high minded ideals and goals of that movie. Its noble and actually possible to do those goal, its still socialism and can only be done, without dictatorship, in a newly created society.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  8. #208
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Once again, you provide no evidence for your statements. So really, your statements have absolutely no merit. Nice try, but you failed miserably.

  9. #209
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by sookster View Post
    Once again, you provide no evidence for your statements. So really, your statements have absolutely no merit. Nice try, but you failed miserably.
    The evidence is listed in 100s of books that you won't bother reading. Its not my job to educate you, I gave you a list of books that are the foundation of capitalism, and you dismiss them. Why should I bother doing it again?
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  10. #210
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    No moron. You said I was completely clueless, and you refused to say why. Which in essence, does not refute what I said about socialism originally. You don't state why the system we have now isn't capitalism. And um, just saying there are 100 books that dismiss this idea, doesn't really mean anything.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •