Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 250

Thread: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

  1. #141
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Another one that has zero clue of how trickle down economics works.
    No, that is the way it actually works. Rich person gets more money sends/invest/gives workers higher wages, that spent/invested money increases demand, demand increase job, more jobs means more more demand of most goods, etc... This only works if the money flows down eventually, instead of circulating at the top. If the section with the most money don't do anything with it, trickle down ever happens. Right now, the section with most money is the top 10% and they aren't spending.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  2. #142
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    No, that is the way it actually works. Rich person gets more money sends/invest/gives workers higher wages, that spent/invested money increases demand, demand increase job, more jobs means more more demand of most goods, etc... This only works if the money flows down eventually, instead of circulating at the top. If the section with the most money don't do anything with it, trickle down ever happens. Right now, the section with most money is the top 10% and they aren't spending.
    I was wrong. You don't not have a clue about how trickle down works. You really don't have a clue about how trickle down works.

    By your logic, only the super rich spend money and the rest of us are on welfare.

  3. #143
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I was wrong. You don't not have a clue about how trickle down works. You really don't have a clue about how trickle down works.

    By your logic, only the super rich spend money and the rest of us are on welfare.
    No, you are just want to misconstrue something someone says in order to further your argument. Trickle down works only if the sector that has the most money combined spends it. Right now thats not happening, and has happened in quite sometime.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  4. #144
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    No, you are just want to misconstrue something someone says in order to further your argument. Trickle down works only if the sector that has the most money combined spends it. Right now thats not happening, and has happened in quite sometime.
    Nope, you sure as hell don't get it.

    Trickle down economics occurs when any income bracket spends money.

    Example: Today, I bought a steering box for a truck. I bought it from a guy that has his own power steering shop here in town. The money trickled down from my customer, to me and then I spent $550 + taxes with the power steering guy.

    Now, some trickle down that didn't occur was that I didn't pay a mechanic to replace the steering box, I did it myself.

    That's how trickle down economics happens and it happens at all income levels, except those on government assistance. It's not just rich folks spending money, that's stupid.

  5. #145
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nope, you sure as hell don't get it.

    Trickle down economics occurs when any income bracket spends money.

    Example: Today, I bought a steering box for a truck. I bought it from a guy that has his own power steering shop here in town. The money trickled down from my customer, to me and then I spent $550 + taxes with the power steering guy.

    Now, some trickle down that didn't occur was that I didn't pay a mechanic to replace the steering box, I did it myself.

    That's how trickle down economics happens and it happens at all income levels, except those on government assistance. It's not just rich folks spending money, that's stupid.
    No, that not how trickle down economics works. You are confusing the general economy with a specific theory in it. Money circulates in the economy, that's all your example shows. Trickle down works when the money flows down from one portion of the economy to the next lower portion of the economy and only really works when the portion of the economy with the most money spends. The middle class could, as a collective, have more money than the rich, and them spending money will trickle down to the poor, but this is not what is happening because the majority of the wealth is in 1 sector of the economy and is staying there.
    Last edited by xpiher; 06-17-11 at 02:37 AM.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  6. #146
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Trickle-down is the theory that if more tax breaks are given to those at the top of the economic ladder, they in turn will utilize that money through investment, the creation of new businesses, and to a lesser extent consumerism. However, such a policy does not work because those at the top tend to concentrate their money rather than investing in new areas of business. One of the probelms the economy is now facing is that companies are just sitting on their money rather than creating jobs. The whole system has come to a stop because since our economy relies on consumer spending (3/4 of the economy) and consumerism is down due to high unemployment.

    Growth-based economics postulates that if more tax breaks are given to the Middle Class, more of this money will be recirculated into the system and keep the economy going. Because unlike most of those at the top, the Middle Class do not as individuals possess enough capital to invest largely in overseas operations or what have you, thus they spend on comforts and wants and this stimulates the economy. Look at it this way, if 5 people each have 5 million and they are to buy a new car, there are only 5 new cars sold to stimulate the economy. However, if you take that $25 million and spread it out over a much larger population, say 100, then rather than only 5 new cars purchased there have instead been 100 new cars purchased and thus more jobs are supported and rather than being left out, the wealthy make money when their products are sold.

  7. #147
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    barack the slasher already settled this, last day of lame duck

    ie, your arguments are mere abstraction

    Obama Calls Tax Cuts the 'Right Thing to Do'

    the slasher had a sidekick

    At Obama's side, Clinton backs tax deal - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

    and a pen

    Obama signs tax deal into law - CNN

    seeya in committee, comrades

  8. #148
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Growth-based economics postulates that if more tax breaks are given to the Middle Class, more of this money will be recirculated into the system and keep the economy going. Because unlike most of those at the top, the Middle Class do not as individuals possess enough capital to invest largely in overseas operations or what have you, thus they spend on comforts and wants and this stimulates the economy. Look at it this way, if 5 people each have 5 million and they are to buy a new car, there are only 5 new cars sold to stimulate the economy. However, if you take that $25 million and spread it out over a much larger population, say 100, then rather than only 5 new cars purchased there have instead been 100 new cars purchased and thus more jobs are supported and rather than being left out, the wealthy make money when their products are sold.
    What's the difference between a millionaire starting a factory in China and a million people shopping at WalMart? I'll tell ya, a circus freak show. And that place sells guns, that's frightening.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 06-17-11 at 11:40 AM.

  9. #149
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,201

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'm gonna give you a chance to look at these two graphs and to explain why you are wrong.





    I'll give you a hint. If the two variables are connected as you say they are the two graphs should....
    Thanks for the opportunity to see your charts. Sorry, but I believe there is more to the story of the charts you present than what you are saying. Common sense says that if companies are begging for employees, I can get more in salary or wages than if there were a hundred people applying for that same job. If you disagree with this, please explain why you do. Thanks.

  10. #150
    Educator shintao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    10-19-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    994

    Re: As Corporate Profits Soar, Workers are Making Less!

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Do you really think politicians give a rats ass about you? Social Welfare programs exist for one reason: To bribe you with "gold from the treasury" for you votes. They aren't taking care of you; they're USING you.

    And another thing, Corporations provide jobs, sustainable jobs, you can invest in them, purchase their services or goods, or you can choose not to do any of the above. Government has the force of law to ensure you behave a certain way.
    I have to ask you a few questions, as frankly I am perplex & puzzled here. Seriously

    1. Do you think a person worth 5 million needs social welfare programs, or for that matter could qualify for benefits?
    2. Are you a selfish greedy bastard when other people's money is being spent to help others?
    3. Is your scope of the world, your brain power (logic, reasoning, conclusions) so small you actually think social welfare programs exist for one reason?
    4 Do you actually believe corporations care about you?
    One Tin Soldier Walked Away..................

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •