Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Judgement day: Weiner's wife returns home to confront errant husband as new images em

  1. #11
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Judgement day: Weiner's wife returns home to confront errant husband as new image

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I really don't think personal indiscretions with no illegality to them should determine somebody's capability to lead the country.

    Hold on right there tess. First off, Wiener doesn't "run the country" thank God. Second, shouldn't we have a higher standard for those representing us in the US Congress? Or is any pervert good enough?

    Does cheating on your wife mean you can't be a good accountant, police officer, teacher, pharmacist, meter maid, etc?
    It goes to ethics, and personal conduct for public positions of power should rightly have standards No?

    Does taking naughty pictures inhibit your ability to clock in at 8 and clock out at 5, answer phones, respond to e-mails, etc?
    You think Congressman is an 8 to 5 position?

    If Weiner can do his job he should stay.
    At this point he can not do his job.

    If he has to take a leave of absence and is unable to perform his job then he should go.
    Already done, so he should go.

    I really don't care about his foibles within his marriage. It isn't my marriage, it isn't a marriage to his country or constituents.
    Sorry, but I don't give a damn what party a Congressman is I don't want them twittering naked pics to 17 year olds.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #12
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,052

    Re: Judgement day: Weiner's wife returns home to confront errant husband as new image

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I really don't think personal indiscretions with no illegality to them should determine somebody's capability to lead the country. Does cheating on your wife mean you can't be a good accountant, police officer, teacher, pharmacist, meter maid, etc? Does taking naughty pictures inhibit your ability to clock in at 8 and clock out at 5, answer phones, respond to e-mails, etc?

    If Weiner can do his job he should stay. If he has to take a leave of absence and is unable to perform his job then he should go. I really don't care about his foibles within his marriage. It isn't my marriage, it isn't a marriage to his country or constituents.
    Entirely different when your job involves the public's trust of an ELECTED official.

    I'm so tired of hearing about this sort of behavior just being the normal indiscretions of today's modern man. It isn't. In fact, MOST of us do not lead these sorts of indiscriminate, irresponsible, juvenile lives without any sense of personal control or care for our reputation.

    New York and Los Angeles have become so bereft of morality and traditional values, that this sort of thing is virtually normal. It isnt normal.

    Weiner, Rangel, Spitzer, Lee, Patterson......what in the hell is wrong with New York voters?

    And these are just the recent ones.

  3. #13
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Judgement day: Weiner's wife returns home to confront errant husband as new image

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hold on right there tess. First off, Wiener doesn't "run the country" thank God. Second, shouldn't we have a higher standard for those representing us in the US Congress? Or is any pervert good enough?



    It goes to ethics, and personal conduct for public positions of power should rightly have standards No?



    You think Congressman is an 8 to 5 position?



    At this point he can not do his job.



    Already done, so he should go.



    Sorry, but I don't give a damn what party a Congressman is I don't want them twittering naked pics to 17 year olds.

    j-mac
    The pictures to the 17-year old is an allegation, not a proven incident. That said, as to the rest of it:

    1. Why should they be held to a higher standard? And if they should be, why aren't they thoroughly vetted beforehand to determine if they have any likelihood or instance of such behavior? Do you expect your boss to be absolutely perfect, making no mistakes or ill-conceived decisions? Being a paradigm of virtue isn't realistic for anybody but nuns and monks, and even they screw up on occasion.

    2. I wouldn't describe his actions as perverted. Inappropriate? Yeah.

    3. When I say "lead the country" I was referring to the fact that, as an elected official, he takes the lead (along with other elected officials) in determining the course of the country. That's just a semantics thing.

    4. The two questions I posed were an attempt to draw Weiner's actions down to a private-sector scenario. With any private citizen, this type of behavior would be a non-issue. Nobody would ever know and they would continue doing their job as they always had. Being in the public light strips your right to privacy away from you because we have a perverse obsession with invading and investigating every aspect of the person.

    5. If he had not taken a leave of absense I would not call for his resignation unless he is proven to have done something illegal. Since he has taken a leave of absence and clearly displayed he is not capable of performing the duties of his job at this time, he should resign. I already said that.

    6. Any code of ethics for elected officials should relate to the abuse of power, abuse of funds, theft of services, theft of time, acceptance of gifts, etc. It should have nothing to do with what happens in their personal lives unless those actions result in the violation of a crime. Then, the crime's legal punishments should be weighed in consideration of continued public service.

    7. The 8-5 thing was a reference to the private sector, in line with those two questions I asked. Grasping at straws to dismantle an opinion is kind of weak, no offense.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    11-28-17 @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,690

    Re: Judgement day: Weiner's wife returns home to confront errant husband as new image

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I really don't care about his foibles within his marriage. It isn't my marriage, it isn't a marriage to his country or constituents.
    The issues concerning his marriage are a private matter between his wife and him. His conduct toward the various women he contacted is a private matter between the women, his wife (who is affected), and him.

    The problem is that he lied before the public. He deliberately and publicly disseminated false claims that his account had been hacked. In effect, he transformed a private matter into a public one. That act has consequences. In doing so, he severely damaged his credibility.

    His constituents now have a reasonable basis to ask whether they can trust him. His colleagues in Congress with whom he must work if he is to have meaningful influence, also have a reasonable basis to ask if they can trust him. If, in fact, his credibility has been shattered (and I suspect that it has been), he should quickly resign. Not doing so would constitute just another act of selfishness, in which he puts his own personal interest ahead of all other considerations.

    If not, he very likely will be removed from his Committee assignments and his role within the Congress will be rendered marginal. His marginalization will limit his ability to serve his constituents. And his continued presence in the Congress could provide an unncessary distraction at a time when the nation is confronted by serious challenges.
    Last edited by donsutherland1; 06-15-11 at 12:51 PM.

  5. #15
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Judgement day: Weiner's wife returns home to confront errant husband as new image

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Entirely different when your job involves the public's trust of an ELECTED official.

    I'm so tired of hearing about this sort of behavior just being the normal indiscretions of today's modern man. It isn't. In fact, MOST of us do not lead these sorts of indiscriminate, irresponsible, juvenile lives without any sense of personal control or care for our reputation.

    New York and Los Angeles have become so bereft of morality and traditional values, that this sort of thing is virtually normal. It isnt normal.

    Weiner, Rangel, Spitzer, Lee, Patterson......what in the hell is wrong with New York voters?

    And these are just the recent ones.
    People report on public officials. This crap happens just as often (on a percentage basis) in the private sector as it does in the public sector. The difference is, the media doesn't care about Joe Bob across the street from you. They care about people in the limelight. It's thrown in our faces and we immediately jump to judge, condemn, and make demands we wouldn't even consider making if they were our neighbor, boss, or friend. Everybody has foibles, mistakes, and skeletons in their personal lives. Nobody is perfect. I'm not going to demand perfection in my candidate's personal life. I'm going to demand that they perform their job ethically and professionally.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #16
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,052

    Re: Judgement day: Weiner's wife returns home to confront errant husband as new image

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    People report on public officials. This crap happens just as often (on a percentage basis) in the private sector as it does in the public sector. The difference is, the media doesn't care about Joe Bob across the street from you. They care about people in the limelight. It's thrown in our faces and we immediately jump to judge, condemn, and make demands we wouldn't even consider making if they were our neighbor, boss, or friend. Everybody has foibles, mistakes, and skeletons in their personal lives. Nobody is perfect. I'm not going to demand perfection in my candidate's personal life. I'm going to demand that they perform their job ethically and professionally.
    Bull. There are LOTS of people that don't conduct their lives this way. In fact, the vast majority.

    The problem is, we don't vote for them. Plus, they don't want to run in the first place because of the idiocy of today's politics and media.

    As a result, we elect these mutant perverts, particularly in places like New York, which is teeming with them.

  7. #17
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Judgement day: Weiner's wife returns home to confront errant husband as new image

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I know this is getting to be a tired subject that by now shoud have run out of gas, but the headline: conjures up a mental picture of the cross dressing Weiner all oiled up and it begged to be posted.
    dangit concilman. You should have titled it
    Mainstream Media Judgement day: Weiner's wife returns home to confront errant Weiner

  8. #18
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Judgement day: Weiner's wife returns home to confront errant husband as new image

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Bull. There are LOTS of people that don't conduct their lives this way. In fact, the vast majority.

    The problem is, we don't vote for them. Plus, they don't want to run in the first place because of the idiocy of today's politics and media.

    As a result, we elect these mutant perverts, particularly in places like New York, which is teeming with them.
    That's all speculation and assumption based on media coverage and you know it. The majority of congress and the senate don't go around having affairs and acting inappropriately, either. But we certainly hear about each one that does. It's all perception and you have to read beyond the coverage and actually consider it objectively.

    Of course, if you're the type to believe you're the model of behavior and have the expectation that everybody should conform for your ideals then you'll definitely miss the forest for the trees.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #19
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,052

    Re: Judgement day: Weiner's wife returns home to confront errant husband as new image

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    That's all speculation and assumption based on media coverage and you know it. The majority of congress and the senate don't go around having affairs and acting inappropriately, either. But we certainly hear about each one that does. It's all perception and you have to read beyond the coverage and actually consider it objectively.

    Of course, if you're the type to believe you're the model of behavior and have the expectation that everybody should conform for your ideals then you'll definitely miss the forest for the trees.
    In New York, they do. It's rampant.

  10. #20
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Judgement day: Weiner's wife returns home to confront errant husband as new image

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    In New York, they do. It's rampant.
    Again, speculation and assumption based on media coverage. Not a factual statement, merely an opinion based on....?
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •