Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 66

Thread: Huntsman Announcing His Candidacy on June 21st

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Huntsman Announcing His Candidacy on June 21st

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You must not know what the definition of Marxist is then, let me tell you, it is a political theory by Karl Marx, and Friedrich Engels, which is what led to modern communism, which you know, calls for a classless, stateless society structured on common ownership of production. Now, knowing this, would you still call Obama a Marxist, and if so, can you cite specific evidence through bills he has promoted as President, voted for as a senator etc.
    What Marxist flavor do you prefer? Marxism-Leninism? Marxism-Stalinism, Maoism? Marxism-Obama-ism? Which do you prefer?

  2. #12
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Huntsman Announcing His Candidacy on June 21st

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    What Marxist flavor do you prefer? Marxism-Leninism? Marxism-Stalinism, Maoism? Marxism-Obama-ism? Which do you prefer?
    I'm not a communist, I don't think it is a good form of government, now that I have answered your question, please answer mine.

    It's in bold.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You must not know what the definition of Marxist is then, let me tell you, it is a political theory by Karl Marx, and Friedrich Engels, which is what led to modern communism, which you know, calls for a classless, stateless society structured on common ownership of production. Now, knowing this, would you still call Obama a Marxist, and if so, can you cite specific evidence through bills he has promoted as President, voted for as a senator etc.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #13
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    06-16-11 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42

    Re: Huntsman Announcing His Candidacy on June 21st

    Being a Utahn by birth and raising, I can say that Huntsman will not get my vote. You see, one of his running promises was that he wouldn't abandon his office for any reason. That he would stick through with the people of Utah no matter what position was offered him or what tragedy befell him.

    Then, as soon as someone offered him something else, he ran joined up quick like.

    I'm no Democrat, but Huntsman becoming the GOP's primary candidate would guarantee I won't vote Republican.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Huntsman Announcing His Candidacy on June 21st

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I'm not a communist, I don't think it is a good form of government, now that I have answered your question, please answer mine.

    It's in bold.
    would you still call Obama a Marxist, and if so, can you cite specific evidence through bills he has promoted as President, voted for as a senator etc.
    Of course. I will continue to call him a Marxist.

    You do know there is a difference between theory and execution?

  5. #15
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    06-16-11 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42

    Re: Huntsman Announcing His Candidacy on June 21st

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Of course. I will continue to call him a Marxist.

    You do know there is a difference between theory and execution?
    IOW, he has no proof.

    But he's absolutely sure that Obama is a Secret Marxist, and so will continue to do so despite all evidence to the contrary.

    Congratulations, you're being a bigot. Why am I not surprised that you're a conservative from Alabama?
    Last edited by ItsAProcess; 06-15-11 at 07:53 PM.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Huntsman Announcing His Candidacy on June 21st

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAProcess View Post
    But he's absolutely sure that Obama is a Secret Marxist,
    Secret? It does not appear to be so. He is openly intent upon destroying the US free market system, to significantly increase the size, scope and reach of the federal government, all while remaking us into just another European-style socialist country.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAProcess View Post
    and so will continue to do so despite all evidence to the contrary.
    If you prefer the term statist I will begin to use it so you are more "comfortable". None of the "isms' ever exactly fit. But that really doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAProcess View Post
    Congratulations, you're being a bigot. Why am I not surprised that you're a conservative from Alabama?
    Beats me. You know those awesome charges do not sway me. I know that I am right. I know that you are wrong. I also know that the one term president Obama has just a limited time left for endless rounds of golf, basketball, and extravagant entertainment at the White House. I look forward to his status as the ex-president.

  7. #17
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    06-16-11 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42

    Re: Huntsman Announcing His Candidacy on June 21st

    This is a debate forum. One of the basic ideas behind civilized debate is that if someone calls your assertions into question, you provide them proof, evidence, or data to support your theory. Not MORE foundationless accusations. In return, if they continue to disagree with you, they provide counter evidence, proof or data to support their opinion. Until logic dictates and shows that one side has the more valid and reasoned opinion.

    You are not doing this, you are instead simply continuing to spew your rhetoric without the basis of proof, evidence, or data.

    Since you have been asked many times to do so, but refuse to do so in the face of multiple requests by separate members, you are not engaging in debate.

    Since this is a debate forum, and you are not participating in the stated goals of said forum, you are not worth interacting with. Henceforth communicating and Arguing with you is a futile, profitless effort. And anyone who continues to do so from this point is wasting their time. If their goals are to engage in intelligent, civilized debate.

    Since I absolutely abhor wasting my time, I shall not continue to do so. You are below me, not worth the effort.

    You are the weakest link.
    Last edited by ItsAProcess; 06-15-11 at 10:06 PM.

  8. #18
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,255

    Re: Huntsman Announcing His Candidacy on June 21st

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You must not know what the definition of Marxist is then, let me tell you, it is a political theory by Karl Marx, and Friedrich Engels, which is what led to modern communism, which you know, calls for a classless, stateless society structured on common ownership of production. Now, knowing this, would you still call Obama a Marxist, and if so, can you cite specific evidence through bills he has promoted as President, voted for as a senator etc.
    Communism as you describe it will never and can never exist. So let's stick with reality, and those regimes that considered themselves more or less communist. Those with a communist party, you know those countries.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Huntsman Announcing His Candidacy on June 21st

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Of course. I will continue to call him a Marxist.

    You do know there is a difference between theory and execution?
    So you will call him a Marxist, even though he has not supported any Marxist legislation? Now why would you call someone something they are not?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Huntsman Announcing His Candidacy on June 21st

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Of course. I will continue to call him a Marxist.

    You do know there is a difference between theory and execution?
    So you will call him a Marxist, even though he has not supported any Marxist legislation? Now why would you call someone something they are not?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •