Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 396

Thread: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

  1. #81
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,175

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    He got everything he wanted and it flopped. Face it. That's real life.
    Perhaps in apdst land, but I live in reality. I'll send a post card.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Sorry, I was dealing with my real life for 20 minutes. I'm sorry you don't have a real life to deal with.
    Good to know you had the 20 minutes to spare. I never seem to find the time.

    The Dems are such a disorganized lot that they're a bit of an embarrassment to watch.
    I find they're more of an embarrassment when they speak. But I see your point.
    Democrats are basically anything that isn't Republican. They don't vote as a block, the way Republicans do.
    If they are basically against anything that isn't Republican, and Republicans vote as a block, wouldn't that mean that Democrats vote as a block as well? Whatever were you doing during thatt 20 minutes of real life?
    I really only need to say one thing: an hour away from government shut-down.
    Yes, the Republicans prevented a government shut down. Was that good or bad?

    He and the Democrats had to compromise a lot to stop that from happening. He had to do the same thing with healthcare reform.
    Oh, yes. Health care reform. How's that working out?

  3. #83
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I disagree completely. Obama is more than just a charismatic face, and is more intelligent than Bachmann. Obama has been a mediocre president, while Bachmann would be a train wreck, and turn this country into the ground. And it is not because she is a conservative, but because she is not smart enough for the job.
    I don't know how people can say Obama isn't intelligent or smart... I think he is probably the most intelligent president in my life time. I didn't know Bachmann was a tax attorney before tonight though, so she has a lot of education behind her and a lot of knowledge, but that doesn't make one intelligent. I can't really say either are stupid... crazy, yeah, Bachmann comes of as a little crazy sometimes.

  4. #84
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,175

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    No. Just because they're against the Republicans doesn't mean they agree on an alternative theory. There's more to politics than left/right.

    No, they didn't. The Republicans were the cause of getting so close to shut-down. They're doing the same thing now in MN.

    Health care reform hasn't even been enacted yet, for the most part. We don't know how it's doing.

    ...And I'm sorry your real life is so boring that you want to know what I'm doing in mine.

  5. #85
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Bachman knows that the best way for the government to fix the economy, is for the government to get the hell out of the way and stop scaring the crap out of the private sector with threats of higher taxes and over-regulation; which puts her miles ahead of O'Bama in the brains department. Although, I don't think O'Bama is screwing the country up because he's stupid, rather he's doing it on purpose, because he hates America.
    I think you hate America... I don't have much evidence, but so what...

  6. #86
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    She's as good of a nomination as any other GOP candidate at this point. There really isn't one strong GOP candidate that I have seen.
    I agree, none of them stood out tonight... but everybody is expecting Romney to kick ass any minute. He just stood there and grinned the whole time and it looked a little creepy.

  7. #87
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There's certainly seems to be a gap between what's true and what they believe to be true. Or is it possible to take a graduate course in Creative History?
    Palin and Bachmann teach that class online at Phoenix University....

  8. #88
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Palin and Bachmann teach that class online at Phoenix University....
    Is it in the English department?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #89
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    He got everything he wanted and it flopped. Face it. That's real life.
    Here is my thing... Seems to me, you haven't given Obama a chance. I gave Bush a chance. I wanted him to win his first term, but I wasn't eligible to vote then. I gave Bush a chance, and he ****ed up, big time. So now, I am not running back to the GOP. What's your deal? Why are you so eager to go back to that party and pretend the GOP is going to magically fix everything?

  10. #90
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Michele Bachmann announces presidential campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Is it in the English department?
    I think you mean the American dept, this is not England... :

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •